A Captain's Guide to Enemies Beyond Yggdra

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Apollo's Brother, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Apollo's Brother

Apollo's Brother Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    I'm whimsical with leads but I mostly go with what is needed (Event leads or Gold Weekend Leads)
    We’ve set sail, Captain! We’re now all exploring the lands beyond Yggdra. New people to meet, help and hopefully recruit. There are a lot of wonders to see as well. However, aren’t you forgetting that you’ll also be fighting new types of enemies which you might not know anything about?

If you need help figuring out what arcanas to bring against certain types of enemies and some tips on how to deal with them efficiently then, read on, Captain. After all, the more you know, the better you can lead the Volunteer Army, right?

1st Note: This isn’t a quest by quest guide so if you’re expecting something like that from this, you’d better stop reading NOW.
    2nd Note: I don't have images for all of them and I would appreciate it a lot if you could help me fill up those blank spaces with the necessary pictures :D
    3rd Note: In line with the 2nd Note, I myself am also trying to gather images so expect this to be updated from time to time.

Putting Credits here now just so these guys get the credit they deserve (y)
    - To the makers and maintainers of this awesome forum
    - @JackOLantern for his “Intro to v2” guide which I used to remember all the mob types in v2
    - @sixtystyx for helping me with the pictures and gathering info about some mobs
    - @topkek and @Zephiel for additional infos and corrections
    - @Zerik for his Giant Squid picture

Changelog
    Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!

v2 Mobs

1. Crabs
    Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!

- General slight resistance to most forms of attacks
    - Weak against Mage projectiles and Magic Skills
    - Immune to Daze

So these guys are the first new enemies you’ll encounter. These guys are physically tough and they also deal a lot of damage in melee. For some reason, these guys can do attack up self-buffs too. Couple that with their slight resistance to most types of damage and they’ll be a literal pain in your ass in difficulty 60 and above quests. They also aren’t just all melee, there are ranged crabs which blow bubbles of destruction towards your non-knight units. Whip out your mages or use Selene’s Skill (it deals magic damage) and they’ll drop fast.

The boss variant of crabs can both melee and blow bubbles. Aside from what a usual crab can do, they can do an AoE melee clawhammer and a rarely used but powerful shockwave which takes time to cast (they’ll be idle while casting).

2. Sea Angels

- Strong against Mage projectiles and Magic Skills
    - Weak against anything physical
    - Immune to Daze
    - Immune to their respective status ailment (Weakness and Blind)

These guys aren’t angels at all. Look at those eyes. Anyway, these guys can ruin your day by spawning in quests where you thought there were only crabs. They are resistant to what crabs are weak against. Have fun seeing your MLB Liam deal pitiful damage against these guys. The main problem with them is that they deal Weakness (purple ones) and Blind (black ones).

Before I continue, let’s discuss Weakness. Weakness is really just Poison that cannot be healed by Melvina and co. and is unresisted by anti-Poison kizunas. It’s just a way of SEGA to fuck over your arcanas with an unresistable death timer. AFAIK, only Barracuda can resist Weakness. Screw your shenanigans SEGA. Give us more ways to deal with Weakness. Oh, and more Hunt Que- *cough* *cough*. /End SEGA rant

Moving along, there also ranged variants of these guys. Their projectiles pierce so putting your warriors as walls for your ranged units isn’t going to work. Meleeing can also be dangerous since they deal a lot of melee damage as well. On the flip side, they are pretty weak to anything else so just overwhelm them with damage.

The boss variants of these guys can do both melee and ranged attacks. They can also do an AoE melee attack and fire a strong shockwave that inflicts their respective status to anyone hit on the row it was fired on.

3. Merpeople

- Not strong to or weak to any particular damage type
    - Immune to Daze

These guys aren’t really troublesome to deal with. They’re like your humans in Yggdra: they can appear in various classes. Their warriors can use swords or hammers (deals more damage than swords). One thing to note about them is that their mages can do a charge up Skill that damages the row they cast it on.

Their boss variants can do an attack up party buff and has appeared as warriors, knights and archers.

4. Pirates

Ah. The real humans on the seas at least. These guys are almost similar to the Merpeople except for 2 new classes: Fist users and Gunners. The pirate Fist users deal strong damage in melee and the Gunners are like our Gunner arcana. They rarely appear in story quests though.

Their boss variants can be of any class except mage or cleric. The Gunner one is the easiest to deal with since his attack cooldown is longer than the others.

5. Boars

- Immune to Knockback

These guys move faster than your usual mob and can change lanes. They can do a move speed up boost and they can do a short dash attack which knocks back. Kill them fast to avoid getting mobbed by multiples of them and they won’t give you any trouble.

Their boss variants can do an attack which kicks dust to damage and Blind and have an AoE stomp.

6. Beastpeople

- Counts as Beasts for Hunt Quests and not Humans

Alright, these guys are like your humans except they all have regen and their warrior variants are more powerful and move faster. Also, they seem to deal more damage if 2 or more of them are attacking 1 target.

Their boss variants are warriors and knights who can do party buff.

7. Moths

- Weak to Bows and Guns
    - Immune to their respective status ailment (Weakness, Blind or Slow)

These moths are like your Sea Angels except a new variant exists which inflicts slow (white-red one). I’m sure you can guess which inflicts what kind of status based on their color schemes :D

Their boss variants can fire a shockwave which hits the entire row it is fired on and inflicts their respective status (based on color) status to anything it hits.

8. Prisoners

Ah these guys. These guys introduced me to fear and panic when I first encountered them. They can appear as any class except mages and archers. They don’t need archers though since they have gunners that fire 3 shots with 0.5s cooldown between shots. WHAT. They really made me panic at first which caused me to take more damage than I should. Anyway, aside from those gunners on steroids, they have sword warriors who commit suicide while damaging surrounding arcanas when they have less than 20% HP. There are also snipers that have a slow firing rate but can destroy your knight arcanas' shields for a while and axe warriors that deal lots of damage. Don’t even think about trying to tank without a shield or letting your melee arcanas engage those axes for long. Their knights are nothing special.

Their boss variants are just stronger versions that can do party buffs. The Gunner boss has a special skill: they can plant a bomb that explodes upon contact with an arcana and will deal damage plus knock them back a bit.

9. Spiders

- Weak to Fists, Axes and Hammers
    - Immune to their respective status ailment (Weakness, Blind or Slow)

I don’t know about you guys but I find these critters cute. They look huggable for some reason…. Ehem, moving along, they have melee and ranged variants. The range variants fire projectiles which pierce and cause status based on their color while the melee variants can summon a small field around them that causes small damage every few seconds and inflicts their respective status.

Their boss variants can do party buffs.

10. Bats

- Weak to Bows and Guns
    - Immune to their respective status ailment (Weakness, Blind or Seal)

Bats are quite similar to the moths except that instead of a slowing variant, there’s a Sealing variant. Seal is definitely annoying to deal with and if they happen to hit your healer with their piercing projectiles or even if your frontline arcanas were Sealed at the wrong time, they could cost you the quest. Fortunately, they take a lot of damage from archer classes. Gunners tend to kill them in 2-3 shots which makes any projectiles they fired before dying useless. I really recommend whipping out your gunners for these guys.

Their boss variants aren’t really anything special other than being able to buff.

11. Hellhounds

- Weak to Ice

Hellhounds move faster than your average monster and can change lanes like boars and goblins. Their big difference is that they deal Fire damage and take more damage from ice type attacks. They aren’t really hard to deal with if you can secure all your lanes and/or kill them before they get to your side of the field.

12. Bladebirds

- Weak to Spears

:rofl: The Bladebirds are a pain that, I’m sure, every JPCC player has had trouble with at least once. They are sneaky bastards who mostly drop down near your side of the field. It won’t be that much of a problem if they didn’t do a dash attack which goes through your arcanas after attacking once. Thankfully, they can only dash through once. Still, you’ll most likely be scrambling to kill them, even using your ranged arcanas to melee them, before they reach the finish line if you can’t kill them fast enough. Engage them with a melee arcana immediately after they spawn the you won't have too much problems. When stunned, they take less damage.

Their boss variant can dash through your arcanas more than once. Engage them with melee immediately after they drop down and take ‘em down fast. Or else.

13. Turtles

- Highly resistant to most forms of damage with their shells on
    - With shells, they take increased damage from Wands
    - Without their shells, they take increased damage from non-Wands and take normal damage from Wands
    - Fire type turtles exist

These bastards are the sole reason why you must bring a Mage in your party for every quest in Hakumei/Loliland (Land of Ill Fate). If they happen to spawn and you have no Wand users, consider yourself royally screwed. Though they move slowly, their resistances will ensure that they get to your side of the field. If you engage them in melee, they hit hard and can do a flurry of bites which hurts like hell. Also, when they reach a certain low point of HP, probably 20% and below (correct me if I’m wrong guys), they can activate a skill which makes them hide in their shells and be invulnerable to all forms of damage for some seconds. Furthermore, once you’ve gotten them to zero HP, they’ll pop out of their shell with another full bar of HP. Lolwut?! I seriously cannot stress enough how much you’ll need Mages when questing in Loliland.

Their boss variants deal more ridiculous damage and have more ridiculous HP. Keep in mind they also have 2 lives :/

Oh, I almost forgot, if you can bring down their HP to zero using any offensive skill, they won’t pop out of their shells and just drop dead. Yay!

14. Frogs

- Weak to Axes and Hammers
    - Immune to their respective status ailment (Weakness, Blind or Seal)

Really SEGA?! Bladebirds, mother****** Turtles and now these Frogs?! ………………………………… Phew, sorry guys, I just had to vent on how SEGA made Loliland’s difficulty way higher than the other maps. Anyway, to business! Frogs are your status inflictors with piercing projectiles in Loliland. They have melee and ranged variants. Their special skill is to leap up so high that you won’t be able to damage them for a few seconds and hit anyone in a certain distance from them while also inflicting their respective status on that poor arcana. They have messed up my quests by using their skill while my melee arcanas have engaged them and landing on a ranged arcana, Blinding her :mad:

Their boss variants deal a lot more damage and can kill one of your ranged arcanas especially if that boss Frog is the Weakness type.

15. Shotas and Lolis

- They seem to have a Revenge ability (needs confirmation).

At this point, you’re probably thinking, “Could Loliland be any worse?” And to answer that, let their hostile residents warmly welcome you with your DEATH! They come in all classes except archers and gunners. You probably breathed a sigh of relief after reading that huh? WRONG! They don’t NEED to have gunners on steroids to kill you, they have mages with piercing projectiles! They can also charge up to launch a piercing projectile which deals strong damage to everything on the row it was launched on. They can also cast barriers along with the cleric ones. Still, the Shotas and Lolis of other classes can be ignored at this point: the mages are the clear threat. Thankfully, the mages don’t have turtle level HP. Although, those Loliland character bosses……. *shudders*

16. Crab Robots

- Resistance to all forms of damage except crits
    - Weak to Bows and Guns

We’re finally away from the Loliland of nightmares! What will greet you, however, are a couple of tanky enemies like the Crab Robots. They have melee and ranged variants and both can hit hard. The ranged variants function like pistol gunners. They can also buff themselves like those pesky real Crabs. Good news is your gunners can burst them down before they even cause too much trouble. I personally found them the easiest to deal with in Cyborgland (Land of Iron Smoke).

17. Crystal Golems

A familiar enemy after so long. These Crystal Golems are just Golems with an ability: they reflect magic projectiles back at you. So, be wary of using mages in Cyborgland.

The Crystal Golem bosses function like the Golems back in Yggdra except they can reflect magic projectiles.

18. Cyborgs

- still counted as humans for Hunt Quests

The citizens of Cyborgland aren’t too hard to deal with. They come in all classes except mages. Their warriors are all sword users while their gunners are dual pistol users (fires 4 shots). They have dancers so take them out quickly to avoid danger. The ones with huge shields like in the picture above can plant a landmine which explodes 3 times iirc. Don't even think about tanking through that. The thing that distinguishes them from other Humans is that they take less damage from anything (but not Turtle level) except a critical attack.

The boss Cyborgs function like all the humans in other continents.

19. Robohippos and Hippodrills

These guys made me laugh when they first popped out. They look downright silly. They move at faster than normal speed and can cast a self-buff which makes them suddenly speed up even more. They can also knockback your arcanas. Don’t push your luck and let them pass your vanguard. Other than that, they aren’t too much trouble.

Their boss variants pretty much act like the Boar bosses back in Beastland without the Blinding skill.

20. Black Army (Special portion)

I brought these guys up because they have new additions to their ranks and some of their guys got upgraded.

First, their archer and mage mobs now have increased attack speed.

Second, their archer and mage mobs can also use skills like most v2 enemies. Their mage’s skill is pretty different from other enemy types’ because they instead deal damage to your rightmost column followed by hitting your middle column.

Third, their knight mobs can now do a short dash attack that knocks back like most enemy knights in v2.

Fourth, there are now mage class bosses although I am quite fuzzy on where they appear.

Lastly, there are now Fist warriors. They can counter your attack: they’ll suddenly take reduced damage, hit you harder than normal then, inflict Seal.

As of Chronicle Continent (6th/Climax Chapter) update, there are now tougher looking Black Army mobs. They all appear beyond Land of Iron Smoke (5th Chapter) and they seem to be just a bit stronger compared to their more common versions. What's special about them is that they have a new class: Gunners. So far there's only one quest with Gunner types: that pretty hard quest in Chronicle Continent. They act like the Sin Tavern Gunner bosses in that they can jump from lane to lane and AFAIK, their firing rate is also like the Sin continent gunner mobs. Try to avoid relying on projectile type skills to bring them down as you might just be wasting mana.

Creature Bosses

First Note: I won’t include the character bosses so that I won’t spoil people. Fight those special bosses blindly for the full experience (y)

Second Note: All of these guys have a lot of HP and can do AoE attacks. Be prepared to take a beating.

Third Note: Dash attacking them will knock back the arcana that used the dash skill as well as dealing some small damage to that arcana.

1. Giant Squid

I wasn’t really able to take a picture of these guys but I’m sure you’ll know it’s them when you see them. Giant Squids can deal damage to a whole row with a tentacle whack, do a flurry skill to a single arcana in melee and, spit ink to randomly hit anyone in the battlefield and blind them.

2. Ice Dragon/Water Dragon

These are just blue Dragons that deal Ice damage. You sometimes encounter these guys instead of Giant Squids in Book 2 Chapter 2.

3. Fenrir

I’ve decided to call them Fenrirs so please bear with me xD

Fenrirs are your supersized blue Hellhounds. They deal Fire damage and are susceptible to Ice damage. Their attacks consist of breathing fire to a row or column which knocks back anything it hits. They can also move around a bit and when moving forward, melee arcanas that are near it will be dealt with small damage and knocked back. Fenrirs aren’t really too hard except if you don’t micro your units away from his breathe attacks. He’s also quite tanky compared to previous bosses. He appears in Book 2 Chapter 4.

4. Garuda

Humongous, bulky and powerful, Garuda is a boss that can make life difficult for you if you aren’t prepared for it. I know I wasn’t. It hits your melee arcanas hard with peck attacks and can launch tornadoes which damages your entire row and knocks back anyone hit by it. It can also do an AoE melee knockback attack. An appropriate boss to end Book 2 Chapter 5 imo.

5. Giant Crab Robot (Duel GX): C.R.A.B.

Putting aside if you got my reference or not….Actually, I do want to know if you got it xD

C.R.A.B. is another BS boss that SEGA came up with. It’s pretty tanky and immune to all status. They can also nuke most of your squad in one fell swoop. They can fire rockets which will make you do rhythm gaming. Crosshairs will appear on specific squares on your side of the field and after a few seconds, it will drop rockets on those squares. The BS thing is that it will sometimes target every square except the middle one which means you’ll have to use skills to avoid them. Taking a rocket to the face means certain death. Also, it will sometimes lure you into moving your arcanas into the middle row then, fire a projectile which explodes on impact with an arcana which also damages arcanas in a circle around the impact point. Add ‘em all up and you’ll most likely end up winning with 1 arcana left like me :lol: Having lessened arcanas doesn't necessarily mean you'll lose though. In fact, it makes it easier to micro them away from danger.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    R0nin, Zardin, Rori and 24 others like this.
  2. Apollo's Brother

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    I'm whimsical with leads but I mostly go with what is needed (Event leads or Gold Weekend Leads)
    Event Only Mobs

1. Kappas

- weak to Swords, Axes and Hammers

So these guys have appeared in some events but they are most remembered as a common enemy in the 3rd JPCC Subjugation/Conquest event. They can appear in all classes except as mages and gunners. They are cute and colorful but are far from being weak. Their dancers are colored green and are a mix of dancer + cleric since their dance heals their allies. The fist users are colored red and will cast a mini AoE suicide skill after they attack once. You can let them hit your melee arcana then them move away or just kill them fast since it takes at least 2 seconds before they "explode." Their archers are colored yellow and they act like most v2 archers: they occasionally use a skill which snipes the furthest arcana on the row they cast it on.

Kappa Bosses mostly appear as purple fist users with knuckles as weapons. They have 2 charge up skills. The 1st one is they'll use Hadouken which deals AoE damage and knocks back those who get caught in the AoE. The 2nd one is they'll use Falcon Punch which doesn't deal too much damage but it will knock back an arcana in melee to the end of your side of the field.

2. Tengus

- weak to Fire type attacks and Wands
    - gets buffed in Forest terrain

These guys have also appeared in events before but they are more prominent in the 3rd Subjugation/Conquest event in JPCC. They appear can appear in any class except as an archer or dancer. The things to look out for when fighting them are the mages and clerics. These sneaky mages cast a Brewery type skill that hits your backmost arcana in that row with fire damage and inflicts blind. The clerics will ruin your day if you run a terrain based team by turning the battlefield into a forest for as long as they are alive. I am not sure how their skill will interact with your arcanas' Forest terrain change (like Zuphlas' or that 4* shota mage in Loliland). The possibilities I see are that they could extend it or ruin it by overwriting it. Overwriting might mean that if they die, the terrain changes back into the default field. Ah I'm getting ahead of myself here. We haven't had a subjugation event since Zuphlas' raid yet and I'm pretty sure no one has tried it yet here.

Tengu Bosses are just bigger and stronger versions of their mobs.

3. Nekos

- weak to Rods/Holy. Yes, rods :rofl: Get that Mono :cleric: team ready!
    - as far as I can remember, they have a slight resistance to every other type of damage

I'm pretty sure that their first appearance is from the 3rd Subjugation/Conquest event. These guys come in a variety of colors: Orange, Gray and Black. As far as I remember, there isn't much difference in what they do. They have fist warriors and mages as classes. The first warriors aren't really anything special. The mages cast a barrier that increases the defense of every Neko enemy in the field by not too much but it can get annoying if a lot of them get the buff.

The Neko bosses are all the fist warriors types. They have a charge up skill that makes them do a short dash attack (around 1 square forward). If you get cornered and they are almost near the end of your side of the field, hit them with a skill to cancel theirs while they are charging it up. They also have the annoying ability to inflict poison. Thankfully, it's a single target skill.

Well, that was a long write up. If you find any errors or have any additional information, please don’t hesitate to post about it.

I do hope you find this helpful, reader and that you check out the other guides in here which helped me a lot and still continues to help me. Good luck fellow Captain and I hope to see you conquer all the enemies you encounter outside Yggdra (y)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    dreadrabbit likes this.
  3. banadjie

banadjie Active Member

Party Leader:
    Musica
    Player Rank:
    this is like a monster wikipedia along with necessary rant* nice job :eek:

Renar likes this.
  4. shinsaku_89

shinsaku_89 Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Depend on Events
    Player Rank:
    Apo, you forgot the bondage queen :oops:

5. topkek

topkek Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    ded
    Player Rank:
    Very nice guide (y)

More info:

Also the demon trio is worth mentioning imo :eek: along with spiderman kid and some NPC bosses

Loliland enemies were so annoying dammit :(

Apollo's Brother likes this.
  6. Zerik

Zerik New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selene (80) / Appropriate DR Character
    Player Rank:
  7. Renar

Renar Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    January monthly thread is for me
    Player Rank:
    Welcome to hell! \:eek:/

8. el.ey

el.ey Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    exhibitionist Nimpha Lvl. 80
    Player Rank:
    i remembered i encountered gunner mobs way back in the second subjugation of rafalgar.

i just want to point out that they don't only exist as a boss.

over all, a great guide.

#AllHailHuntQuestVet

9. 0mixter0

0mixter0 Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Hati / Musica
    Player Rank:
    Welp, that's exactly what I was looking for 5 days ago when I was rushing v2 main story till loli tavern :oops: kinda late for me

I'm sure it's gonna help a ton of people, great post :D

I'll try to help providing any pictures needed ^^

10. sixtystyx

sixtystyx Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Barracuda v2 (80)
    Some minor additions/corrections:
    - the prisoner Gunner boss occasionaly throws bombs that knock back units around it.
    - Barracuda's kizuna does not give weakness immunity.
    - non boss gunner pirates exist, they just seldom appear.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  11. Zephiel

Zephiel Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Hero
    Good guide. I will give some notes.
    Also, can you teach me how to deal with Zehia and the demon who use kamehameha?
    Can you have a special boss guide addition?

12. dye2556

dye2556 Active Member

Party Leader:
    Selene
    The first hell for anyone who like playstyle in v1 (4 warrior + 1 healer) is sin continent. Gunner makes you know that "use righr guys on right jobs" is much more important than "Judge characters on status or DPS) Most jpcc players go back to search for knights after they find they reach this continent with no strong knight:rofl: (and even with knight it doesn't mean safe. There is rifle user who can break your shield too:rofl:)
    The second hell is loliland. Turtle is one of very reason that knight/mage team is so popular:rofl:
    I still don't talk about bat/tengu/cat/kappa/frog, etc.. With so many debuff thrower, that's why I say Nina is one of most valuable ring exchange characters more than Deed, Trystan,... (in fact, Trystan's value is drop now when there are so many enemies that immune or strong against stun)

13. Apollo's Brother

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Seems lotsa people want the special bosses general guide too... I am honestly against spoiling what they can do but hmm....

Thanks @topkek , @sixtystyx and @Zephiel for the additiinal info! I'll make sure to credit you guys for them :D

Thank you so much for the Giant Squid picture @Zerik !

14. el.ey

el.ey Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:

i beg of you.

don't put spoilers on those bosses.

the journey outside of Yggdra is not complete without those challenges.

(n)

15. Apollo's Brother

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    I might put 'em up here and put them under spoiler tags so that people can choose to be guided or not. The main problem is that I can't get images of them anymore :(

16. sixtystyx

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Barracuda v2 (80)
    I agree with el.ey, they should feel the pain we jpcc players felt when we fought dat pink bear o doom, dat pink loli o doom, dat spider kid, and Hannibal Lecter :mad:

:p

17. el.ey

el.ey Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    They should learn how to STRUGGLE.

They wouldn't know their other arcana if they only bring their best.

Also, they need to have strategy on their own.

18. MarvesouL

MarvesouL Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB Rinuya / MLB Peixe
    Player Rank:
    Nicely done senpai (y)
    Somehow it is nice to see JP players willing to help GCC players in information providing to those who don't play JP version. Like older and younger siblings. We supposed to help each other :rolleyes:/

19. sixtystyx

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Barracuda v2 (80)
    Yes, help via tips. But not spoon-feed (y)

20. MarvesouL

MarvesouL Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB Rinuya / MLB Peixe
    Player Rank:
    Can't agree more (y)