Art Share

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mimasho, Jun 12, 2015.

1. mimasho

mimasho Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Ihelmina // ヴァネッサ
    Player Rank:
    Well, after seeing all the awesome art that the people here are capable of creating (thanks to the "Design your own Arcana thread", I thought it'd be interesting to see an art thread here ! * U * All the forums I've been to have a "creative section" where people can do such, so I was surprised not to find one here ~

Anyways, what are your latest projects // works in progress // fanart that you've drawn recently ? Maybe you have an idea for an Arcana and was not able to submit it on time // want to create another ? Or perhaps you have a picture in mind but need someone else to help you materialize it ? It doesn't necessarily have to be about CC, but please just post whatever art-related thing you've stirred up lately !

Also, I hope that this thread won't spark any offense anywhere -art can be extremely personal, and while constructive criticism is a great way to improve, many people do not take it well and should only be offered when the poster requests for it ! * U * However, exchanging tips and tricks is always fun, so please don't hesitate to do so ~
    whispers artists and art-lovers, please gather forward I know you're out there~

Since I'm technically the first post, I'll start off with a sketch I finished recently to get the ball rolling !

[​IMG]

chellys, M0bydig, Edusu and 6 others like this.
  2. mchangin

mchangin Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selene
    Player Rank:
    you played shiropro too? holy crap. I actually approached DMM without sweating too much about entering 'fandoms' seriously or anything, but found myself drawn to that game because of the standby music while waiting for Touken Ranbu and Kancolle to open. I don't really have anything too recent because I just finished with my exams so here's Shikano Castle I drew a little while back:

shikano.jpg

Really digging your use of colors on a small scale though; I think it's something I can learn from because I'm usually always going all, "an illustration's gotta be big!!"

ToucanSam, Seu Don, chellys and 4 others like this.
  3. mimasho

mimasho Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Ihelmina // ヴァネッサ
    Player Rank:
    aaah yes !! * U *
    Shiropro was my favorite game to play next to Kancolle, because it's quite unique when it comes to the combat system, so I was really upset when I heard that they were going on a hiatus ; m ; aaah do you play tourabu and kancolle as well, or are you trying to get registered ?
    and Shikano is one of my favorite characters, haha ~

also, thanks so much ! * U * I actually use a pretty big canvas but just zoom out when I post the picture xD
    what size do you use ? I'm loving how you draw // shade the folds in her clothing, I still don't understand how stuff like that works ; u ;

4. slykm

slykm Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Mishima v2 and Velnar v3
    Good idea for a thread...though I don't have anything good right now. My entry for the design your arcana contest was the best thing I drew/colored in a long time, since I mostly do sketches.

So, I looked around for stuff I have on my laptop, be warned I don't normally draw anime style drawings, and some of it is weird. No fanart right now either.
    Turtle guy (my younger daughter calls him daddy turtle)
    Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!
    Sketch of one of my main characters, called Atticus at this point..
    Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!
    And one more of Atticus, before he gets a new name.
    That's all I have right now, will have to look through my computer later for more. A little critique won't hurt (too much) :rofl:

I was thinking of drawing a full body of the character in my avitar so maybe that will be my next drawing. I was also thinking of drawing My CC OC interacting with my favorite characters..

chellys, M0bydig, D_Shiro2 and 2 others like this.
  5. RocketBurrito

RocketBurrito Burrito-Kun-Sempai Moderator

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selene MLB 80
    Player Rank:
    ART THREAD? HELL YEAH TIME TO SIFT THROUGH MY THINGS!

slykm and mimasho like this.
  6. mchangin

mchangin Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selene
    Player Rank:
    I managed to get into Touken Ranbu but still haven't gotten into Kancolle. Recently I've been bashing my face into Granblue Fantasy and idolm@ster Cinderella Girls though, so I think I'll probably be going cold on the DMM front until Shiro Project eventually comes back in autumn as a reconstructed game. Oh, I also drew Hinotake and Ishiyama Gobou, you can view them on my deviantART if you want.

uh I almost always go for A4 300dpi, really but I adjust when I've got a good idea of what I want to draw right from the start, lol. Usually this is the case for landscape pictures and the like.

7. mimasho

mimasho Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Ihelmina // ヴァネッサ
    Player Rank:
    Yeah, I thought it'd be nice seeing what everyone could draw up ! * U *
    the arcana contest was fun while it lasted, but we needed something more permanent, haha !
    and wow, the art collab you did looks awesome !
    I wish I knew people in real life who drew digital art ; m ;
    Looking forward to more stuff from you ~ (and CC characters + OC sounds like a really good idea, go for it ~)

YEAH THAT'S THE SPIRIT !!!! (ノ≧∀≦)ノ

oooh I see ~ yeah, getting an account for Kancolle was a PAIN but totally worth it ; u ;
    it's also the only non-game console game I've ever spent actual money into xD
    aah idolm@ster, I haven't played it since I started getting really into CC xD
    I've filled shiropro's empty void with Shinken!! though, which is kind of like girl-version of tourabu LOL
    and aaah ishiyama !! She was my first construction, so she has a special place in my heart ; u ;
    would totally watch you on dA but don't have an account sobs

and interesting, we use the same size canvas ! * U *
    though to be fair, I usually end up cropping a lot, haha ~

slykm likes this.
  8. mchangin

mchangin Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selene
    Player Rank:
    This was the entry I did for the Arcana Design Contest before I scrapped it because I didn't really like how it ended up looking. She's supposed to be a schooling teenager in the vice capital that is sick with how the slums are rife with criminal activity and works with her classmates to preserve order in the general area of her school. This is often at odds with the law, going right into vigilantism, so being unable to adhere to due process and laws of engagement, she decided to redirect her energy towards helping the Volunteer Army.

cc.jpg

Ayano, M0bydig, mimasho and 3 others like this.
  9. Xion

Xion Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Kemono ikemen!!!
    Player Rank:
    Random drawing from few years ago
    I can only do traditional drawing

[​IMG]

HanaSakune, Ayano, Toto and 8 others like this.
  10. D_Shiro2

D_Shiro2 Member

Party Leader:
    Smiling Fiend , Angelica / Richter Abend / Gold Queen,Rina (trio Rpg MG lead)
    Player Rank:
    hueh ? ... a general fanart thread ? well can i post any fanart if not relate with CC ? i wanna post too ><

Ayano likes this.
  11. D_Shiro2

D_Shiro2 Member

Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    well i guess i'll post my recently art here bcuz i need practice again TT^TT

(pssstt ~~ someone play Million arthur ? uhm sorry i make him on genderbend mode )
    000.jpg

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    slykm, M0bydig, Jegan2020 and 2 others like this.
  12. Luine

Luine New Member

Party Leader:
    Toka
    Took me a while to find this thread orz. I haven't been drawing much lately but I have a collab I did with my friend a few months ago for Valentines. She did the drawing. I did the coloring and background
    [​IMG]

13. mimasho

mimasho Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Ihelmina // ヴァネッサ
    Player Rank:
    Yep, this thread is for all works of art -doesn't have to be digital, and doesn't need to be related to CC; it doesn't even have to be finished ! Feel free to post any ideas, works-in-progress or whatnot * U *
    and awesome million arthur fanart !! (*≧ω≦)ノ I haven't played since I started getting really into cc though ; m ;

I've been getting really lazy lately, but I'll draw some cc fanart sometime ; u ;
    too excited about fe14, it's all that's been on my mind lately, haha ~
    [​IMG]

Ayano, chellys, M0bydig and 2 others like this.
  14. D_Shiro2

D_Shiro2 Member

Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    Hue~~~ Thxxx XD I wanna make crossover too
    (I'm not playing cc Bcuz I didn't get any space to play it Bcuz brave frontier n million Arthur Hueh ;_; my phone need more space to play again)

15. RocketBurrito

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selene MLB 80
    Player Rank:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Some textures I made, still digging through my hard drive for some of my other works.

M0bydig, Jegan2020, Luine and 2 others like this.
  16. RocketBurrito

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selene MLB 80
    Player Rank:

Not the best quality, but I had to drag them from my facebook since they went down with my old com.

chellys, M0bydig, slykm and 3 others like this.
  17. Renar

Renar Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    January monthly thread is for me
    Player Rank:
    Nice thread :eek: great art you guys:eek:

slykm and mimasho like this.
  18. mimasho

mimasho Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Ihelmina // ヴァネッサ
    Player Rank:
    whispers buy more tablets ! lol yeah, I regretted buying a 16gb iphone, so I'm only running CC on that;
    but I have one 64gb android phone, two ipads, and four tablets (custom from japan) to spam games on lol ; u ; my family...loves their electronics

WOW, your textures and those daggers are looking awesome !! * q *
    I suck at designing weapons, everything is a magical sparkly crystal-imbedded wand for me, haha ~

RocketBurrito and D_Shiro2 like this.
  19. D_Shiro2

D_Shiro2 Member

Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    :0 whoa amazing lel XD Omg...

20. RocketBurrito

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selene MLB 80
    Player Rank:
    [​IMG]
    Dug up one more!

M0bydig, slykm, Luine and 1 other person like this.