Call of Challange

Discussion in 'Events' started by JustBBlunt, Dec 28, 2015.

1. JustBBlunt

JustBBlunt New Member

Party Leader:
    Trystan
    Player Rank:
    Anyone have tips or party advice to beat this?

2. Spider Shinobi

Spider Shinobi Member

Party Leader:
    Zaren
    This quest is pretty balanced in the sense that if you have well trained characters who you can use regularly you should be able to beat it.
    So, take with you at least one cleric or someone who can consistently heal your team. :cleric:Marina SR should be enough since she heals the member with lowest health each wave. If you can get other characters with wave heals in it it's better, so pick friends with :warrior:Selene or :knight:Parchelle (prefer high levels).
    High leveled characters with increasing damage per wave are great here, so if you manage to find :warrior:Vorg with a few LBs or :wizard:Hatifas you're in luck.
    If you can, get a mana roulette slower because they really change your chances of survival (just remember the only mana you really choose is the first slot to the left). I know about :wizard:s such as Frau and Shaly but there should be at least one other out there.
    And even more important than a bunch of those hints is: you need sub-party buffers for this, so there are a bunch of characters to pay attention to, there's :cleric:Phoena, :warrior:Amille, :wizard:Vienta, :knight:Juliana... If you can't possibly acquire one of them or their buffing skills, then you may want to take an active buffer or a tank in the main party.

As a general hint avoid using revives before you get very close to finishing the quest.

Cary likes this.
  3. marine_maiden

marine_maiden Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Coropatillon
    Player Rank:
    I just spam my revival fruits. A friend managed to beat it using all mage team with 4 revives so there's a lot of way to finish it, just use your best team.

Phoenixaph, Cary and xRen like this.
  4. xRen

xRen Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selena
    Player Rank:
    I had to use like 6 revive fruits with :warrior:LB0 Rin Lee, :wizard:LB3 Hatifas, :wizard:LB0 Velnar, :cleric:V2 Marina, with :warrior:LB2 Coro friend. Subs were :wizard:Roxanna and :cleric:Phoena.

I actually didn't like Hatifas, though, with the help of Velnar, she killed off bomb guys and poison guys (one shot from each person was enough to take them out). I think I would have liked Selena over Hatifas because I would have been able to stop the golem bosses from using their skills with her one mana special, and she helps with mana too. I also didn't really like Rin Lee because of her 3 mana special, but she was able to air shield and whack for a lot. Probably could have replaced her for Selena too. I think Liam is great because of his special (might need MLB), there were situations where Coro could not aoe everyone, but I took him out for Velnar. (n) Wave 45-50 are all boss waves with a bunch of stuff behind them: poison, freeze, bombs, dancers, and healers so Liam would have shined. Liam is also good to just nuke waves when you have lots of mana. Velnar was kind of nice because of his damage and daze special. Coro was nice for her aoe and damage. I would have use fewer revive fruits if it weren't for the fish mage that killed Marina at wave 43? (they charge up a line aoe special that takes a good chunk off!) which made my first revive at wave 45 because boss wave. I wonder if you also lose the wave buffs when you revive.

I found the golem bosses to be scary, they hurt! :confused: The ice golem is especially bad because he can aoe freeze whack you and then rip melee. And it was hard to air shield them because they came in pairs (if only I brought Selena).

Evolsey, Phoenixaph and Cary like this.
  5. marine_maiden

marine_maiden Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Coropatillon
    Player Rank:
    Sadly yes, you lose wave buff when you revive...

xRen likes this.
  6. xRen

xRen Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selena
    Player Rank:
    Dang, feels like a double edge sword going in with those kind of buffs then, unless, you one shot it. Now I really regret my picks. :p

7. Xylph

Xylph Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Nimpha / Shakti
    Player Rank:
    I kept on reviving on 40+. I think I used 6-8 fruits. I went in with this party:
    :warrior: Ronda LB3
    :wizard: Velnar LB0
    :wizard: Liam MLB
    :cleric: Marina
    :warrior: Coro MLB (friend)
    :warrior: Amille (sub)
    :cleric: Phoena (sub)

I would worry about stacker arcanas. Those buffs will be useless if you'll just keep on dying. That said, Velnar is still useful because of his stun but there are better arcanas who can do the same job. If I were to retry, I'll get someone who can tank those golems better. It can be a warrior with multi-hit one-mana special (eg. Lindsey) or Deed who can stun units.

Liam is useful in this quest since he can kill those pesky healers and dancers behind the golems.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    Phoenixaph and xRen like this.
  8. Cary

Cary Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Madea
    Interesting you didnt run any sub buffers or mana control and pretty much facetanked the suicide goblins and blue skellies.

Makes me wonder if its worth it in long quests to forgo Phoena and Frau/Shaly for two more bodies that can actually put up a fight when brought out.

hyoton and xRen like this.
  9. xRen

xRen Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selena
    Player Rank:
    Ohh, good call. Since the first to go are usually the melee and you would still have your healer, replacements sounds pretty solid to me.

Cary likes this.
  10. marine_maiden

marine_maiden Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Coropatillon
    Player Rank:
    Yeah... because it's 50 waves, I know my team surely will get wiped out - early or late. Sub buffer can't help me once my main party is wiped out so I better have melee replacement. Buff generally is useful if the fight is <= 10 waves, but that's personal opinion.

xRen and Cary like this.
  11. Nrvnqsr

Nrvnqsr Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Coropatillon
    Player Rank:
    It really depends on how many times you die. Stat stackers really shine in long waves, provided you manage to keep them alive by microing well. Same matter for sub buffers, they're good if you can keep your main party alive.

I cleared it with :warrior:MLB Coro, :warrior:MLB Trystan, :wizard:MLB Hatifas, :cleric:LB0 Lilith, :warrior:MLB Selene friend. Subs were :wizard:MLB Frau for mana control and :cleric:LB1 Phoena. Used one revive at wave 33 'cause I screwed up and got my melees frozen and bombed, and one at wave 49. Stacked Hatifas an Coro's AoE really hurt, and the mana is provided by Hatifas' skill. Trystan was there crowd control and air shield, while Selene's contribution was just the wave heal, since she was frozen most of the time...

If I were to redo it, I'd swap out Selene for :archer:Farlin, :archer:Sasha or :wizard:Liam, they'd bring more utility than her.

Cary likes this.
  12. JustBBlunt

JustBBlunt New Member

Party Leader:
    Trystan
    Player Rank:
    Thanks all! I beat it using 6 revives. I used Liam80 Selene80(friend) Melvina60 Trystan80 Hatifas80 Lindsey80 and Rula70. Liam was key.

13. xRen

xRen Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selena
    Player Rank:
    LIAM!! such ragrets. :confused:

14. JawsThatBite

JawsThatBite Member

Party Leader:
    Sol
    Player Rank:
    My run wasn't so bad until 48. Had a LB1 Parchelle, LB0 Lilith, LB2 Hatifas, LB2 Liam, and a LB0 San San friend, with only Roxanna as a sub buffer due to party costs. Got to that point and then took a few too many hits with Parchelle that killed her, and then it just kind of fell apart from there, with her losing her reduced damage buffs and Hatifas also losing her increased damage output after having to revive. Wound up having to use 3 revive fruits overall in the end trying to manage and DPS the last 2 waves, but otherwise the run did really well. If not for the slip on wave 48, probably would've made it all the way with no revives.

Yay Rolo!

15. Golden_Sorcerer

Golden_Sorcerer Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB 80 Monette ('TILL THE BITTER END)
    Player Rank:
    Is it possible to run a non-MLB team for this quest? I only have one maxed-out character; most of my higher-level cards are LB0 :oops:

16. Professor Cy

Professor Cy Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Musika (Raid Events), Mira, Morgan
    I did it with a (in hindsight bad) composition of mostly LB0's and under cost limits due to my low rank:

Morgan
    Milla
    Hatifas (LB3)
    Marina V2
    Shaly
    Hero v2
    Parchelle (friend - LB0)

I did fine until level 42 and then started dying. I had to burn about 7 fruits, I think. Most of that was my bad micro and poor RNG on Mana for Hatifas clearing and Parchelle tanking. Wasn't until afterwards that I figured out I could have air-shielded between the two golems for efficiency... Sigh, so bad at this game...

17. Helios95

Helios95 New Member

Party Leader:
    Helios
    I finally beat it using 10 revival fruits :( stuck it out with my wave heal attack team:
    Selene LB3
    Toka MLB
    Frau MLB
    Hero UR
    sub party: Juliana LB0 , Phoena LB1
    (friend) Selene MLB.
    Need to start investing in some healers and other arcana as I am quickly finding out I cannot noob my way through the higher levels lol

xRen likes this.
  18. Phoenixaph

Phoenixaph Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB Yoshitsugu
    Player Rank:
    i did it using i think 6-8 fruits without a single Unit above LB1
    I ran this:

LB1 Yoshitsugu
    LB0 Toka
    V2 Hero (any team with hero in it must not be as good)
    LB1 Lvl 58 Liam
    SUB;
    LB0 Lvl 50 San-san
    LB0 Sonya

LB0 Lilith Friend.

dude this was the worst team possible to run this quest, but it's possible!