Chain Stories Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Fal, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Fal

Fal New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Angelica
    Merry Christmas everyone!
    I started playing about a week ago and have found this forum to be a great resource, so I decided to put in some contribution myself.
    Disclaimer: information was taken from the Chinese wiki.
    Btw if anyone with a Nympha or Isaiah lead has open friend slots, I could really use the drop rate boost...
    --------------------------------
    Intro
    Chain stories are a type of quests in CC. They're clear quests and have plots that revolve around a group of characters.
    Fun fact: all the characters in each story are drawn by the same illustrator.
    Side note: these characters also get a 50% stat boost
    There are 15 stories total, though only #1, 2, 3, 11 are currently released in Global.
    To unlock a chain story, the corresponding key character (see below) must be acquired (it's fine even if you sell him/her, but I'm not sure if this applies for the stories that have not been implemented).
    To access chain stories, view characters and progress, navigate to Menu > Scenario > Chain Stories

Rewards
    Each story has 8 chapters. Completing the first 7 gives you 1 fortune ring each, and the last chapter gives you a grand reward (5* weapon or premium ticket).
    In addition, completing a certain number of chain stories gives you a copy of 5* Phoena (namely after the 1st, 4th, 7th, 10th, 12th). There're 5 copies total so you can fully limit break her.

Details
    Sorry about the formatting, I'll fix it and add links when I use a computer.
    Story Key Chracter Name Illustrator Reward
    1 [​IMG] The Queen's Vengeance toi8 [​IMG]
    2 [​IMG] The Competition for a Prize 萩谷薫 [​IMG]
    3 [​IMG] The Lost ケロケロ齋藤 Premium Ticket x2
    4 [​IMG] 地脈荒れて 村山竜大 Premium Ticket x2
    5 [​IMG] ふたりの英雄 碧風羽 Premium Ticket x2
    6 [​IMG] 破壊と再生の組曲 麦白子 [​IMG]
    7 [​IMG] 海風の方舟 タイキ Premium Ticket x2

Overall these are really great quests. Definitely do them if you manage to unlock any.

slykm and RedPsyche like this.
  2. Fal

Fal New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Angelica
  3. Ultima

Ultima New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Phillip
    Player Rank:
    Thanks for the clarification! I have Lolleta and I was unsure whether or not the chain quest was worth it, but 5* axe is more than enough prize:eek::warrior:
    And have a fantastic New Year!

4. UltimaCC

UltimaCC Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Kawaii Neko-chan Lindsey (80)
    ^^whoops wrong acc :eek::rolleyes:

5. Fal

Fal New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Angelica
    No problem! And don't forget the 7 rings :)

But I guess I should also disclaim that I haven't verified any if this info (since I haven't been lucky enough to pull any of the key characters...)

Calling anyone who's completed a chain story to confirm!

Celaena likes this.
  6. Blank

Blank New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Hero
    Player Rank:
    I haven't finish lolleta's story but for some reason I can't do "The Lost" chain story. I have slay but the story isn't showing up. Is this a bug or something?

7. Shao

Shao Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Nimpha
    Player Rank:
    I just got slay and is currently doing his chain quest, only done The Fool and is currently waiting for AP to refill abit, so far no major problem.
    I wonder when does the other chain stories get implemented, I got Barienna and as written here it isn't released yet.

8. Blank

Blank New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Hero
    Player Rank:
    I don't know if you have to level them up or something but as soon as slay become lv2 his quest opened up. That's weird lol.

9. Matt

Matt Moderator Moderator

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Yoshitsugu-Lvl 80 Velnar-Lvl 80
    Player Rank:
    Completed Slays chain q today, no bug for me, but pulled him today

10. LeTree

LeTree Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    lindsay
    Player Rank:
    So does his quest drop 2 summon tickets or phoena?kinda confused about what i've been reading on fb and here.

11. Crono

Crono Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Morgan
    Player Rank:
    You get both.

Summon Ticket x2 for completing his, and Phoena if it's your first chain quest.

12. LeTree

LeTree Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    lindsay
    Player Rank:
    So that's what the 1 ,4,7 ,10 and 12 standed for.I thought it meant only those specific chain stories give phoena.thanks for clearing that up.

Edit: typing on phone is hard....

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  13. Shao

Shao Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Nimpha
    Player Rank:
    my slay was lv1 all the way through the chain quest, didn't need to level him or anything. Probably just some bug Gumi looked pass and haven't fixed.

14. Wahrheit

Wahrheit New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Lolleta / Wayne
    Player Rank:
    Completed Lolleta's chain quest and got 4* Axe and Phoena as a reward.

15. Shao

Shao Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Nimpha
    Player Rank:
    4*? Loletta's quest should give Explosion which is a 5star Axe. And it was probably your first chain quest? there are 15 chain quests when everything is made available and you will get a copy of Phoena when you complete your 1st, 4th, 7th,10th and 12th chain quest irregardless of whose chain quest it was.

16. moyel

moyel Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Parchelle
    Player Rank:
    So, I completed the lost chain quest, but the fool has not opened up for slay. Also, for chain quest #1, the one with the queen , I have kai and Greg, but no chain quest. Is there something I must do to open them, or do I need the queen for it?

17. Shao

Shao Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Nimpha
    Player Rank:
    then your chain quest might be bugged for Slay. Maybe try leveling him once? I personally didn't level him at all but still something to try :/
    As for the queen, you only need the queen to initiate the chain quest.. all other characters are just filler characters to help the story progress. I did Loletta's chain quest and it consisted characters like Aludra and Vorg which i didn't have so I should be able to conclude that only the main characters are needed for a specific chain quest to initiate.

18. moyel

moyel Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Parchelle
    Player Rank:
    Yeah, I guess the chain for slay is bugged, he is lv 24 right now. Hopefully Gumi fixes it soon. Thanks for the info Shao.

19. Lysorn

Lysorn Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Oletta 80/80
    Player Rank:
    Via multiple attempts at 50 Prysma tavern recruitment, I was eventually able to acquire Slay and Bilgitto. This allowed me to complete the first step of quest #3 - The Lost. I must've rolled a critical success at completing it, as I was rewarded with the 5* arcana for Phoena. (I read previously that she was only rewarded at the end of the chain quest, so I don't know if I mis-read or if I indeed succeeded at a critical roll result).

The 2nd step of The Lost requires a 3rd 3* character -- Baiset -- that I don't have yet. I friended another player who had Baiset as his party's leader, but including him as a reinforcement at the Vice Capital doesn't trigger the 2nd step of The Lost. Therefore I assume that Baiset only counts when he is a member of your party, and not as a reinforcement. Has anyone else been able to confirm this, or am I doing it wrong?

20. Tiir

Tiir Active Member

Party Leader:
    Velnar [65/65] or Lindsey [66/80]
    Player Rank:
    No, it's just 1 part of the chain quest you need to do for your first Phoena.

You only need the 1 unit that activates their own chain quest story (which are the characters shown in this guide). If I remember right, the units shown in those little arrow charts just get a boost if you use them. Slay's chain quest is bugged for a good % of the game's community. Most can't access "The Fool", some get stuck w/o being able to do the first quest (but usually is fixed after leveling him once), and then there are the rare lucky few who aren't glitched.