Chain Stories Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Fal, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Lysorn

Lysorn Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Oletta 80/80
    Player Rank:
    Thanks for the reply! :) I am still learning about this addictive game. What I can add to the discussion is that the chain quest was not triggered until I put Slay and Bilgitto in my party's Sub team, and then did the Free Quest in the Vice Capital named "Vice Capital Guard". The Chain Quest was triggered upon completing that. I had done "Vice Capital Guard" several times previously without Slay in my party, so having Slay included must have been the trigger. I hope this info helps someone.

2. Quy

Quy New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Kiki
    Player Rank:
    Sold my Slay before I knew about chain quest and before the chain quest came out >< its greyed out spent 100k arcana to try to get him but no luck. Sigh hope Gumi fixes the bug.

3. limeyes1

limeyes1 New Member

4. Forject

Forject New Member

Party Leader:
    Angelica
    If I haven't completed the main story line to the point when I've unlocked Phoena as playable well I still be able to finish the chain story and receive a phoena card? I'm on the last part of Slay chain quest and worried if ishould wait to finish it.

5. Compromise

Compromise Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Cheery
    So I just got Karen, but I don't have Isabel, yet I can do the chain quest. I thought all the characters were necessary?

6. Shao

Shao Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Nimpha
    Player Rank:
    No, only the main character is needed to initiate the whole chain quest. needing anyone else is not true.. Gumi just messed up with Slay's and hasn't had time(??) to fix it yet

Compromise likes this.
  7. Fal

Fal New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Angelica
    Yes you can get Phoena now.

8. Yoseph

Yoseph New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Aludora
    Player Rank:
    I unlocked Slay quest after i completed some quest at vice capital i think. And i got the phoena card. My slay is level one only. I got bilgitto and franz. I dont have ryubia and baiset though.

So sad that i got aludra, phillip, vorg, but i dont have lolleta to start her chain quest.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  9. Secrets

Secrets New Member

So the relation chart... Are the power ups in the game yet? I have a level 24 Slay (because he was my second starter pull and I used him) and a level 4 Bigletto (because I just pulled Cheery yesterday, already have Aludra and need a second mana training :) ), but I don't see any noticeable improvement when I use both of them in battle...

Oh, and more on topic: my chain quest didn't unlock until I had Slay at level 2 (hadn't completed any quests except for the first storyline mission) I doubt that selling Slay and re-purchasing him will fix the bug since unlocks are tied to account :/ . Best of luck to those affected.

Attached Files:

10. Neoazu

Neoazu Active Member

Party Leader:
    Arietta :3
    I unlocked Alver chain story quest after I did some random free quest. And I don't have Alvert card anymore, I have sold him about a week or two ago. He was at lvl 1 of course.

11. Matt

Matt Moderator Moderator

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Yoshitsugu-Lvl 80 Velnar-Lvl 80
    Player Rank:
    that's good news as I had Adelle a long time ago and sold her. Anyway, Alverts q is bugged, completed the first chapter and it gave me my 2nd Phoena already, can't proceed yet, bit annyoing as he gives 2 premium tickets i wanted to use for this event!

Can anyone confirm is Kiki's chain quest works or not?

12. Artmis

Artmis New Member

Party Leader:
    Bernadette
    Player Rank:
    quite the opposite to me, now I'm doing the Albert chain quest to part 2 and no bug so far. (even tough, I already sold him before the chain quest open)
    but my slay 2nd quest is still bug, similar like your Alvert.

it seem the bugs are isolated in some people, idk what could be the trigger.

13. Matt

Matt Moderator Moderator

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    I tell you what, my Alvert 2nd part has just showed up too. It was bugged but now it's not! Yay :D although I have already had Phoena when it bugged, wonder if I'll get another one at the end? lol. I have completed Slays chain quest, and Karens and Julianas :)

I do want to know about Kiki's chain q, I need to pull her and Lolleta

14. Artmis

Artmis New Member

Party Leader:
    Bernadette
    Player Rank:
    congratz Matt, I believe maybe the server are still coping with the compensation so that happens (alvert)

good luck for the roll, btw how do you planning to spend the 2free premium on 9 territories/chain festival tavern.

kiyome is the main prize, but I didn't see any *4 / *5 that stood out for me.

15. Matt

Matt Moderator Moderator

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    I've always said I wanted the Ninja warrior girl in the 9th Tavern (I assume that is Kiyome), but I will use the premium tickets in the event tavern. I want to complete as many chain quests as possible and get the weapons and tickets to be honest :) completed 4/6 atm

16. Secrets

Secrets New Member

Apparently, I had only completed the first chapter of the Slay quest chain, because chapter 2: Fool opened up the second I logged in. To make things even more confusing, the game rewarded me with 2 summoning tickets and Phonea when I originally completed the first chapter! I suppose I could complete the rest of the chain story to see what I get in the end... For science.

17. Zissou

Zissou Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Rinuya MLB
    Player Rank:
  18. Secrets

Secrets New Member

Completed the rest of Slay's chain story and received 2 more summoning tickets, but not the grand reward (which I already received after completing 3-1 as stated in the previous post). I take this to mean that anyone else affected by Slay's chain quest bug where they can't unlock/complete are at least likely to have no further issue once their progress resumes.

On another note:
    after a bit of testing, it appears that the relation chart and this bonus are one and the same. The tricky part is that the description on the chart bears no relation to the way that the buff ACTUALLY works. The way it works is if you include any of the characters on the chart in the corresponding quest, they get a stat buff. That's it. You don't need to include any of the other characters from the chart to get the buff, and it doesn't work outside the quest at all. It's important to note that the chart sometimes changes between chapters, but otherwise it appears to be a way to use even un-leveled characters in your party so they can participate in their own story battles (assuming that most of the chain quests are low level-- Slay's chain started with a level 6 quest if I remember correctly).

Artmis likes this.
  19. Sanity

Sanity New Member

Party Leader:
    Nympha
    Can anyone confirm if selling a chain story character halfway through the chain story locks you out from finishing the chain story?

I've got a situation where if I sell my Karen and finish another ongoing chain story I've got, I can get the rings to full lb my Lindsey. But I've wiped to a boss on the 7th level of Karen's (why the hell is there a level 38 dragon...), and I don't think I can reliably finish Karen's chain story before Lindsey disappears. so I was wondering if I can sell Karen despite not having done the 8th level (which just gives 2x premium tickets) and be able to finish that later.

20. jualls

jualls Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Nympha (60/60) - Wayne (47/70) - Lindsey (80/80) - Deed (80/80)
    Player Rank:
    uhh i finished the 4th quest an no pheona?