Character Quest Dialogue, TWCC Edition

Discussion in 'Taiwanese Server' started by lostpig, Apr 19, 2016.

1. lostpig

lostpig Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    Hello, and welcome to the Taiwan edition of Chain Chronicle character drama project. This is a crowd-source in which we collaborate in transcribing the contents of character stories. And offer English translations of the stories for TWCC original characters.

This is going to go like the GCC drama crowdsource project, where @Auriansmule started and then I started taking centre stage :D
    http://chainchronicleforum.net/threads/character-quest-dialogue.7513/

I am eventually going to host all TWCC drama stories and their English translations on my GCC drama site:
    http://gccdrama.appspot.com
    But it is experiencing technical instabilities at the moment, so I'll be collecting drama manually until that gets fixed. The original post above has instructions on how to extract your drama data for Android phones, but the path of the file will instead be Android/data/net.gamon.chainchronicleTW/files/drama.data5.
    See below for how to contribute now that we are at v3. A lot has changed.
    Message me with a link to your file and I'll load them.

In addition to collecting TWCC drama stories, I also want to use this thread to drive collaborative translation efforts for TWCC original stories, since
    - we have CFers playing TWCC who do not know Chinese,
    - more often than not I don't have the best translation for stories that I did translate (same goes for everyone)
    - I don't have all the TWCC original characters.

And I'll be using both TWCC and JPCC transcripts to pick up where GCC left off, starting with filling in the part 2 chapter 3 main stories aka Beastoria.

So manual transcripts for translations are also welcome, although I do eventually want to get my hands on the matching drama data so the site can render them.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    Caleb Hart and Cary like this.
  2. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    I made attempts at translating these stories:
    http://zh.chain-chronicle.wikia.com/wiki/帕普
    Thousand Rivers Witch Papu, TWCC's runefencing loli mage.
    Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!
    Lonely Enchantress Veronica's entrance, TWCC version
    Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!
    Goldfish girl - the not-so-freebie 5* healer we all didn't get for free...
    After doing some research doing this translation, I probably should settle on "Jinyuji" - her name in Mandarin, but I'm SO tempted to put her name as "Ponyo". (goddammit Ghibli)
    I'll be posting my English transcripts and link to the Chinese original so better translators can post improvements on this thread. I'm looking for everyone doing translations to do the same.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  3. Lysorn

Lysorn Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Oletta 80/80
    Player Rank:
    Thank you!

4. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    Come on, get me Shauna's stories! I couldn't pull her. :oops:

5. Lysorn

Lysorn Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Oletta 80/80
    Player Rank:
    I don't mind doing that. How would I go about giving you what you need?

Edit: never mind, I spotted your instructions. I'll grab the files for you in a little while.
    Edit #2: I grabbed the file and sent you a message on where to download it from. Have fun translating!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  6. Auriansmule

Auriansmule Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Aoi
    Player Rank:
    *shakes fist angrily*

7. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    As promised and to start things off, the character quest for our exclusive loli runefencer Papu. Someone who speaks Chinese please give this a one over. Link to Chinese original can be found in second post above.

Next I'm going to turn my attention to the Beastoria story line.

8. Lysorn

Lysorn Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Oletta 80/80
    Player Rank:
    How does this translation process work? In order for the data file to contain the information you need, do we need to just acquire the character, or do we need to complete their story quests? I ask as I've recently acquired some new characters, but haven't leveled them up sufficiently to get through all of their quests.

9. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    You do need to complete the quests for the server to serve up their dialogues.
    There're two parts. One to get the data so I can load into the app to be presented. The data you get will have Chinese source materials as well. Then there's translating it which can happen over say google docs. I'll then make a copy of the data with dialogues translated to be loaded on the English side.

Lysorn likes this.
  10. Lysorn

Lysorn Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Oletta 80/80
    Player Rank:
    Thanks for the explanation! I picked up some of the raid gatcha characters earlier today, and am interested in their stories. I'll pm you with a link to my data file once I complete their quests.

11. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    How to contribute in TWCCv3

I'm still looking for contributions for character stories not already on the site. But as of TWCC v3 they are no longer cached in a file on your device. It is necessary to capture the dialogue on the fly, and that needs some explanation on how.

You'll need:

1. Do a data download in TWCC first. I don't need game assets, so get them in before starting capture to save us space.
    2. Start packet capture app. Tell it to save the capture to your external storage. Name it "twcc.pcap". Then start the capture. You'll need to confirm.
    3. Start TWCC. Once capture begins, try not to do anything else.
    4. Go to the characters profile.
    ov1.jpg

(Tap on Info for the character.)

ov3.jpg

5. Replay all the stories. If you have quests not yet done, just clear it normally. It will then actually capture the quest's configuration as well. (y) I prefer to clear all stages of a quest in one sitting.
    ov4.jpg

6. Tap the button to replay the stories. Do all of them, one by one.
    ov5.jpg

7. TWCC downloads the script from the server. This is what I need to capture. Once the drama starts, you can keep tapping 'Skip" until you return to the screen above.
    8. Repeat for all the characters you have but have no stories available on my site.
    9. Stop the packet capture when finished. Android's VPN service guidelines requires a notification kept open for you to do so.
    10. Plug your device into your PC and move twcc.pcap to your PC.
    11. Open twcc.pcap with Wireshark.
    12. There should be a filter field. Copy and paste this into it: (tcp.port==80) and (ip.addr==203.66.130.99) Then click Apply.
    13. Click File, Export Specified Packets. On the dialog under Packet Range, click "All packets", "Displayed". Save the export file as "twccdrama.<your handle>.pcap".
    14. Upload the exported file on a cloud drive and PM me the link.

Thanks for helping me fill in the gap so the community as a whole can read about TWCC's goodies.
    And for all the regular stories Beastoria and beyond, until the GCC reboot happens. #bringbackchainchronicle

12. Lysorn

Lysorn Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Oletta 80/80
    Player Rank:
    Thanks! I've installed tpacketcapture and will fire off a test run for you to validate.

lostpig likes this.
  13. Lysorn

Lysorn Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Oletta 80/80
    Player Rank:
    Check your muddy inbox, @lostpig. The only thing I don't like about tpacketcapture is it doesn't let me pick and choose where to save the capture file (or if it does, I haven't found the option for that). After a bit of playing around, I discovered that if I hold my finger on the file listing within the app, a sharing option pops up and I was able to upload it to OneDrive to share with you.