Character Quest Dialogue

Discussion in 'Quests' started by Auriansmule, Aug 22, 2015.

1. lostpig

lostpig Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    These are personifications of Sega game consoles past. I'd say they were released only in JP.

2. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    What better thing to do than push out the first multilingual expansion of the app while feeling under the weather?:eek: :p

Besides restructuring the code to add a language parameter to most every page, I also added code to sense if a file from TWCC has been uploaded and file them accordingly. If you can't upload a file, PM me with it and I'll see why.

Drama data (that I slurped from about a week ago) have also been reorganized and the app should use less than half the memory it used to, which is why some of you have been seeing internal server errors. My slurp takes priority over any GCC uploads, essentially closing contributions for that.

This update also begins its TWCC collection, with event quests up to late January I slurped from the server, and some of my own records.

I'll rest now. Enjoy! Let me know if you have problems.

Aewin, slykm and nickjr like this.
  3. Aewin

Aewin Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB Eirnilus
    Hope you're feeling better!

4. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    With the TWCC collection starting, @Nukesquirrel can you spread the word for this project on bahamut? This link will go straight to the TWCC collection: http://gccdrama.appspot.com/?l=tw , but the UI haven't been localised yet.

slykm likes this.
  5. UVtear

UVtear Active Member

Party Leader:
    Connely
    Player Rank:
    I have a bunch of characters but I can only find a file called "drama.data3". No data2. I'd love to pitch in, but should I upload data3? Is it the same thing?

EDIT: I uploaded my data3 file to the site, I don't know if it went through or if it'll even help, but...
    EDIT EDIT: I had completed stories of Aries, Luke, Cadessa, Aldred, Agdala, Mei, Lorna, Garrett, Holy Night Freya and Robyn and Danielle and Hannya, Danielle, Kiki, Fan-Fan, Malik, Roxanna, Kaminazuki, Rolo, Oryou, Solity, Stacia, Coro, Hatifas, Hati, Baltro, Morgan, Phillip, Vorg, Arietta, Adelle, Noel, Elemia, Angelica, Claudia, Ihelmina, Rowendia, Febrya, Nikolas, Mefulnash, Deed, Nina, Scherazard, Solo, Alvert, Shakti, Shaly, Yawood, Orianna, Elda, Ordell, Lyla, Hassan, Nayel, Monette, Linia, Paboa, Tif, Vienta, Hajad, Celeya, Popra.... too many to list. Hopefully the file will help.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  6. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    data3 is the same thing. The OP is not mine so I cannot update. I did a big download so I should have everything.

Jegan2020 and UVtear like this.
  7. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    Well, this project is still alive. I just loaded some TWCC stories manually.

I noticed that uploading stories seems to always cause an error. I'll need to find out what is going on. In the meantime, you can send me your drama.data4 and I'll upload them.

UVtear, Jegan2020 and nickjr like this.
  8. UVtear

UVtear Active Member

Party Leader:
    Connely
    Player Rank:
    I hate to make a stupid post and ask a stupid question, I hope it's not stupid, but, err, where have you uploaded the TWCC dramas at? >//< Thanks... *dashes away to ask dumb queries elsewhere*

9. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    Not at all. It's just an overlay of the original GCC app.:)

http://gccdrama.appspot.com/?l=tw

lostaway and UVtear like this.
  10. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    Loaded a file supplied by @Lysorn.

Now I'm turning my attention to translating the Beastoria storyline from TWCC to fill in the gap. I also have a feeling another code refactoring is in order.

Auriansmule and alphaco like this.
  11. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    I am still updating. (y)
    And I'm still getting Beastoria translated. :oops:
    At least I have reorganized the back end data and it should consume significantly less memory, meaning I expect to see much less errors. :D

slykm likes this.
  12. XaonRider

XaonRider Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Griseldis
    Player Rank:
    Chirolulu's 2nd character quest (Connecting Thank Yous, 90332) is wrong, it's currently Bamomoi's 2nd character quest instead (Counseling, 90322).

13. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    Thanks for the catch. Those data are dated Feb 18 in my source. It must have been come to me this way. I may need to find a TWCC player with Chirolulu and have him get me the story so I can translate. I only have Bamomoi there. :ninja:

14. XaonRider

XaonRider Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Griseldis
    Player Rank:
    Np. :) Was looking up Chirolulu's story anyway since i skipped her's.

15. Lysorn

Lysorn Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Oletta 80/80
    Player Rank:
    I just uploaded :archer:Kirika, :warrior:Jenius, :knight: Excela, and the last few ring gatcha arcana from TWCC. There might be some others I uploaded that aren't listed on the page yet. Send me a PM if you want me to provide a copy of my drama file another way.

16. RocketBurrito

RocketBurrito Burrito-Kun-Sempai Moderator

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selene MLB 80
    Player Rank:
  17. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    I noticed. Must be a bungle while loading other stories. :oops:
    Have my personal laptop with me, I'll see if I can steal some time to fix that.

Under the hood I'm recoding everything from JSON to CSV to save even more memory. And I still need to fix TWCC uploads to save @Lysorn some trouble. He's my primary contributor now and this is the least I can do.

nickjr, Lysorn and RocketBurrito like this.
  18. RocketBurrito

RocketBurrito Burrito-Kun-Sempai Moderator

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selene MLB 80
    Player Rank:
    Thanks for the help and sorry for the trouble pig, your efforts are a credit to this fandom (y)

nickjr and Lysorn like this.
  19. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    Okay, I've fixed that first chapter and loaded @Lysorn's supplies. I can go home happy. Got a raid to do.

Lysorn and RocketBurrito like this.
  20. Lysorn

Lysorn Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Oletta 80/80
    Player Rank:
    Thanks, @lostpig, and have fun in the raid! I've got a bunch more TWCC character stories yet to complete, but probably won't finish them and be ready to do a new upload for you until sometime in September. The JPCC and TWCC August raids come first! (y)