CNCC is closing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lostpig, Jul 14, 2016.

1. lostpig

lostpig Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    http://ccm.sdo.com/web1/newsview.asp?id=266373&categoryid=5167
    I don't know where to put it. It has to do with CC, but it's not JPCC or TWCC (thank goodness), and it's following Global. :(
    Here is a condensed translation.
    ---
    Today, with a heavy heart, we have to announce that due to circumstances beyond our control, we have to make a difficult decision: Chain Chronicle will cease operations at 2016/9/15 14:00 (UTC+8 I presume).
    Players can continue playing, all virtual currencies in their accounts can still be used until closure.

IAP and new account creation will stop at 7/28 14:00. Existing players can continue to log in.
    All servers will shut down at 9/15 14:00.

As for remaining events:
    After IAP ends at 7/28, all pickups at event recruits and regular taverns will be cancelled. SSR pull rate will increase to 20%; SR pull rate will increase to 40%.
    ---
    They got 2 months of advance notice. We had 6 weeks. So 2 extra weeks of IAP. No 1AP madness though.
    I have a feeling it has to do with PRC censors banning all games that have English in the game. There are plenty of English across all aspects of CC and localizing them could be too much a hassle. Oh from what I read a lot of other games are shutting down in China too.

Yet I wonder whether they brought this unto themselves in one way or another, or is it really an act of *deity* as they claimed.

Cary likes this.
  2. Professor Cy

Professor Cy Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Musika (Raid Events), Mira, Morgan
    The Communist Party just enacted a policy whereby all mobile applications need to go through a review in order to be available in China. This is for both old and new applications. They've indicated they're going to go particularly hard on applications with any type of story component. Honestly, I'm betting that either CNCC got denied or that the process of applying is so costly it's not worth it.

#TheMoreYouKnow

VentusXwind, EllWay, nickjr and 2 others like this.
  3. hyoton

hyoton Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Not sure
    Player Rank:
    RIP

Caleb Hart likes this.
  4. Renar

Renar Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    January monthly thread is for me
    Player Rank:
    GCC, KCC, now CNCC ._.

Caleb Hart likes this.
  5. lostpig

lostpig Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    Korea too!?

6. Renar

Renar Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    I remember someone shared the screenshot here.

Zak likes this.
  7. Cary

Cary Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Madea
    No surprise. China clamps down dat Iron Fist like a boss. Most Chinese people Ive known have been very rude or harsh. The tell me they are just more "direct", just like a French guy I dated said too.

Coincidentally the French and Chinese have been rated the worst tourists in the world by global hotel bureaus , with the Japanese and Canadian being the most polite and least fussy :rofl:

#themoreyouknow pt. 2

8. Caleb Hart

Caleb Hart Active Member

Party Leader:
    Cheery
    From the verbiage, it does sound like outside interference. Did Global say anything about "circumstances beyond our control" when they closed?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for TW. Im slowly building my five star empire finally :D

9. NashLanzer

NashLanzer Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Elza w/SS Weekends:Mustapha w/EA
    Player Rank:
    If it happened because of the CP I guess there's nothing that can save it..
    However reading Renar's comment, I wonder if we(JPCC) are safe then..

10. nickjr

nickjr Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Coropatillon
    -rips hair out-

LOL

I don't know about the current generation, but my parents' generation grew up during the Cultural Revolution in China and, as a result, they tend to be... reeaally awful with the whole politeness thing. My mom put it this way (rough quotes, but I'm pretty sure that the bolded words are exact quotes): "We were raised to hate people, and we never got lessons like what they taught in your elementary school here in the US about sharing and being nice. We were told that saying sorry is humiliation and should be avoided whenever possible.* We had to be very resourceful in order to get more food. The rations were small, like [insert small amount of staple food here]. And we had to be very pushy. People here don't push a lot on the road, and people make lines here, but in China, if I didn't push then I never got a seat on the bus, even if I was at the front of the line."

* like, to the extreme, even worse than what some companies today seem to think about apologizing

(My parents immigrated to the US a few decades ago and have been here ever since. My sister and I were born and raised in the US.

My dad would still be one of those rude Chinese people you'd meet. Unless you talk to him online. Then he's not that bad.

My mom still fails epicly but has been making efforts all these years to adapt to US culture. If you don't live with her, then you would be pretty darn impressed at how polite she is as long as you don't fall victim to her unrelated but terrible trait of ETERNAL TALKING)

I find it funny that someone told you they're more direct. On one hand, yes. On the other hand, nooooooo the Chinese way of talking is to dodge the goddamn topic -bangs head against wall- My mom jokes that in the US, if someone tells you that you can come over for dinner, then yeah you can come over and they'll be all prepared and everything! But in China, if someone tells you that you can come over for dinner, they will be startled and unprepared when you actually show up for dinner because NO NO NO I DIDN'T MEAN YOU CAN ACTUALLY COME OVER FOR DINNER Dunno if that's still the case, but it amuses my mom that people in the US (the general population, at least) apparently usually get straight to the point when talking compared to China

OneStepBehind, yeahright and FourZe like this.
  11. aryaphot

aryaphot Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Minoa
    TWCC Next :ninja:
    *Runs Before TWCC Player Kills me

12. Renar

Renar Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    And then JPCC (I would cry)
    Wow... I never liked how Chinese people never showed a glance of even trying to learn Spanish here in México when they work at the classic Chinese food restaurant... now I guess I have judged them to harshly ...

13. Cary

Cary Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Madea
    Huh, didn't know there was a contingency of Chinese in MX. They usually end up in the US or Canada.

@nickjr thats hilarious esp about the dinner thing :rofl: and welcome back (?) (y)

throws @aryaphot in front of Iron Smoke train :mad:

14. Renar

Renar Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    Contingency? Well... yes they are plenty of Chinese people in México, and there has been lots of projects of Chinese companies here (at least in the paper, but at the end some hasn't became real because they end being illegal or something like that).

15. aryaphot

aryaphot Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Minoa
    *Cast FiraBorutoooo to the Train
    *Cast Another FiraBorutooo at Cary

16. Neko

Neko Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Rin Lee
    Player Rank:
    So... Neko is a weird infusion of tropical-carribean qualities with the quiet-reservedness of asian countries~ and also neko speaks spanish~

17. Renar

Renar Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    :eek:

Well the people that works at those places doesn't seems to even know what "agua" means, nor other basic words for a restaurant ._.

nickjr and Cary like this.
  18. nickjr

nickjr Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Coropatillon
    ... man, that goes beyond whatever my parents' generation grew up with

that's a basic living skill: pick up basic vocab of the most common language wherever you are

orz

I've always been lurking lol I just only ever come to this part of the forum :rofl:

Cary likes this.
  19. Renar

Renar Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    I know, the worse thing is that the people there has been in the city for more than a couple of months (at least from what I can see they are the same persons) and some could even be younger than me ._.

20. CodeB

CodeB Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Belle
    I don't know what kind of people your parents are and what past life they have led in China, but I can say for sure their description of the matter is biased or at least not true for the present.

I live in China now, and I've never heard any school teaching students to be rude and never apologize. : / Cutting lines, pushing and shoving are still considered bad manners and by no means a requirement for you to get on the bus or anything.

I understand there are some Chinese tourists who are bad mannered abroad, but pigeonholing all other Chinese people into the same category just because of their nationality is something I cannot agree on.

That dinner example is, I think, in some cases true. People sometimes say things that are just a part of a gesture or to sound nice, like "I'll have to have you over for dinner some night". It doesn't mean you should come over right away, but wait for further arrangement together. I'm not sure if this is strictly a Chinese thing tho, for afaik, British people used to say the same thing to me when I lived in London.

nickjr likes this.