Common Gameplay FAQs

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Mist, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Mist

Mist Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    Consolidating some of the commonly asked questions on the forum, will added in more if new questions arise.
    Feel free to let me know if there are anything that should be added or modified.

Q: What is rerolling and is it necessary?
    Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!

Q: Are there leader skills in Chain Chronicle like in Brave Frontier and what is the purpose of a leader?
    Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!

Q: How fast does AP recharge and does it change with Rank? Is it the same in JP?

Q: What are chain stories and how do I obtain 5* UR Pheona?

Q: What are the best places to earn rank-up EXP currently in Ver. 1.0?

Q: How to level characters fast currently?

Q: How do I obtain more premium tickets in the game other than events?

Q: What are dailies?

Q: Should I do dailies? It cost so much AP and I am always stuck at the last chest?

Q: What is the purpose of Nimpha and why is it recommended?

Q: What are the best ring characters and how do I get more rings?

Q: What are the characteristics of each class and how do I plan my party?

Q: Any good DPS and Healer I can get for beginners?

Q: Can you "evolve" characters in this game to increase their rarity?

Q: What is limit break?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  2. Mist

Mist Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    Q: Where should I perform prysma recruiting? Are higher level taverns better?

Q: When should I perform recruiting? What are the chances of SR and UR in Ver 1.0?

Q: Do different characters level at different speed?

Q: What does character type (early, normal, late) mean?

Q: I am running out of gold?

Q: What skills stack and don't stack? What skills work in the sub?

Q: What happens when a sub character with a sub specific skill such as Phoena (ATK+, DEF+) got swapped into the battlefield during combat?

Q: What are the different status ailments in the game?

Q: How is damage affected by elemental attacks?

Q: How to predict the element of an attack if there are multiple different influencing factors?

Q: What are the purpose of arcana coins and what good are they for?

Q: Should F2P worry about being subpar without the 5* that other people have and where should I spend my prysmas ideally?

Q: Advices for new players that want 5* UR?

Q: When does daily login bonus reset?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
    Harkinian, Maestro, ryouji86 and 21 others like this.
  3. Mist

Mist Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    Q: How does the attack point system work and how is this value reflected in combat?

Q: How does the weapon system work?

Q: How is damage calculated and related to weapon upgrades? What about defense?

Q: How is healing calculated and related to weapon upgrades?

Q: How should I assign weapons to characters?

Q: What are the exp given by fusing enhancer or character arcanas and how does it work?

Q: Are the exp the same if you enhance with 1*, 2* or 3* character arcanas?

Q: What is the exp difference if you fuse arcanas of a different class?

Q: What are the effects of chain combos?

Q: How often can I use the same friend?

Q: How does a non-friend reinforcement work? What happens to the AC gains from a reinforcement if I failed the quest?

Q: How to check if I completed all the quests associated with a character?

Q: Do quests stay unlocked after I sell my units?

Q: What is the kizuna (bond) system?

Q: How to stack treasure drop rates using kizuna?

-------------------------------------------
    Updated: December 30, 2014

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  4. Crono

Crono Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Morgan
    Player Rank:
    Thanks for taking the time to write this up!

5. RaineScarlet

RaineScarlet Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Nimpha Lv. 60
    I love this post!

Sticky? :3

6. Matt

Matt Moderator Moderator

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Yoshitsugu-Lvl 80 Velnar-Lvl 80
    Player Rank:
    Quality Mist, very helpful stuff! nice one

7. Wisawing

Wisawing New Member

Friend ID:
    Great post! I just started the game and this help me alot thx.

Just to clarify, dailies are quest in Dawning with "SP Quest" Icon right?

8. Mist

Mist Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    Yes, the specific dailies are labelled Rookie or Intermediate.

FAQ updated as of Dec 13, 2014.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  9. AznTP

AznTP New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    ba
    Player Rank:
    Very helpful, thanks

10. Wisawing

Wisawing New Member

Friend ID:
    Got another question and I think it could be in the FAQ as well.

Is Hero mandatory? I can switch him out of the party but will there be a quest that require him to be in the party?

11. Mist

Mist Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    There is no requirement at any time for the hero to be present in the party.
    He is quite interesting since you can obtain a 5* version of him later in Ver. 2 and his 0 party cost is useful when you are struggling to fill your party.

12. IMBF

IMBF Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Lephret v2(80)
    Player Rank:
    Oh wait... his 5* version is still 0 cost? :eek:

13. Mist

Mist Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    5* UR Hero is actually pretty decent and it is still 0 cost.
    Lv 60 - 6000ATK, 6000HP
    Active - 3 orbs, 13X damage to enemies in the path plus knockdown
    Ability 1 - Crit damage raised from 150% to 180%, damage increased by 20% during boss wave.
    Ability 2 - All party members receive 10% damage increase, does not affect Hero however. Doesn't work in the sub.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    jintoncit, Matt and wavesurfer like this.
  14. The Alpaca Man

The Alpaca Man Member

Party Leader:
    Phoebe
    Player Rank:
    One question, from the gyst of what I'm hearing, do unit abilities work for the main team even as back-up/subs?

15. Mist

Mist Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    Some abilities work some don't, I listed some abilities that work if the unit is in the sub in the FAQ.
    Q: What skills stack and don't stack? What skills work in the sub?

The Alpaca Man likes this.
  16. wavesurfer

wavesurfer Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Universal Mage Aludra 万象の魔導師アルドラ
    Player Rank:
    In a nutshell:

1. Treasure Chest Drop Rate Increase: Works as Sub, Cannot Stack
    2. Increased Gold After Battle: Works as Sub, Can Stack
    3. Increased EXP After Battle: Works as Sub, Can Stack
    4. Additional AP After Battle: Works as Sub, Cannot Stack
    5. Specific Sub-Party Ability: Works only as Sub, Can Stack
    6. Rest of the Abilities such as Mana Training, Healing at Start of Wave: Does not work as Sub
    (Source: http://cc.game-db.tw/knowledge.php)

Hope this helps.

The Alpaca Man likes this.
  17. The Alpaca Man

The Alpaca Man Member

Party Leader:
    Phoebe
    Player Rank:
    Thank you. I went through the guide and found the answer you mentioned. I must have missed it the first time around. My bad! X_X
    And yes, it does. Thank you!

18. Royale

Royale New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Claudia (for event) Nimpha 60 (mainstay)
    Player Rank:
    Is it worth limit breaking 3*s to the max or just keeping one and selling the rest?

19. Mist

Mist Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    If you have a decent 3 that you plan to use in your team then I suggest you limit break it. Otherwise keep one copy for collection if you want and sell the rest. You want rings to get those freebie 5* ring characters.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    Royale likes this.
  20. newbie424

newbie424 New Member

Sorry if I missed it, but does the attack stat have any effect on the healing power for healers? What about weapons? Does leveling affect healing power? Just wanna know if there is a point in getting a high rank heal weapon and using holy crafters etc.