Common Gameplay FAQs

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Mist, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Seyren

Seyren Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Nimpha (60/60)
    Hello Mist,

I have a question regarding the equation for "Damage Dealt". Here is the context:

(a) The unit that is dealing the damage is Kaminazuki (level 60), no kizuna. She is using her skill to deal damage. According the English gamerch, her skill multiplier is x14. She is holding a Long Sword with 5 ATK.
    (b) The rest of the party consists of: Talubik in main party. No subs. The reinforcement doesn't give an ATK boost, e.g., Ioh.

So now, what I did was:

1. Use Talubik's skill, which boosts all allies' ATK by 40%
    2. Use Kaminazuki's skill.

According to this scenario, Kaminazuki's damage should be:

Damage Dealt = 7240/10 * 1.4 {Talubik boost} * 1.1 {Chain 1 Bonus} * 14 {Skill Multiplier} + 5 * 10
    Damage Dealt = 15659.44 = 15659 (truncated)

However, from my several experiments, Kaminazuki dealt 15658 damage instead. What do you think could be wrong with my calculation?

Seyren

2. Chee

Chee Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Ibuki/Mustapha
    Player Rank:
    There's one rather detailede thing I would like to ask about the Chain Stories.
    I have rolled Alvert from tavern gacha and unlocked his chain story. After completing the first quest and checking the chain story in the menu I saw that Flame Warrior Fan-Fan is a part of the second quest in the chain story. N
    ow the question is do I need to have her unlocked from a tavern roll or will she show up anyway?
    I am currently not continuing the quest due to the fact that I dont have this arcana and wouldn't want to proceed with the quest if there will be something in the story missing.

3. Seyren

Seyren Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Nimpha (60/60)
    Chee, no you dont have to pull that arcana. It's just that if you use that unit during that part of the Chain Story, you get some bonuses. I'm not sure what the bonuses are, it can vary from ATK boosts to damage reduction, etc.

Chee likes this.
  4. Chee

Chee Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Ibuki/Mustapha
    Player Rank:
    Oh, alright. Thanks. Do you know if the bonuses are any special drops or rewards in any case?

5. Seyren

Seyren Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Nimpha (60/60)
    Not sure about that. Try checking Menu > Chain Story. Then check the specific Chain Story you are doing. For example, if you are in Kiki's Chain Story, check 4-2. There should be a description of what boosts you will get.

Chee likes this.
  6. TheFearedBeard

TheFearedBeard New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Beard
    Player Rank:
    Thanks for the guide, it has cleared a number of questions for me. One part I want to try and clarify is if I unlock a character and then complete the quest(s) is there a reason to keep it at all? Is it best to use the char to enhance an existing character or sell it? There seems to be a limit on how many characters you can have at one time right?

7. Starfall

Starfall Active Member

Party Leader:
    Star
    Once you completed the quest, you're free to sell it. There are some character's quest that require another character in order to proceed though (such as Toka's quest requires Haruaki). Check to make sure the card you're selling is not one of those before selling. I usually sell all cards that are 3* or above for rings and fuse 2* or 1* for exp. You can expand your inventory by using prysma.

8. TheFearedBeard

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Beard
    Player Rank:
    Thanks!!

9. EoTN

EoTN New Member

So, I had a quick question, I don't think it's worth a topic all its own, so I think I'll just post it here.

Is Lindsey worth giving the grief sword? I only have the one, and Lindsey is only LB2. (I plan on MLBing her next time she shows up.) I'm F2P, and Lindsey is my best soldier for now. Is there another free unit coming up who would be more worthy of it than her? Or should I hope I pull a 5* soldier in the future?

10. xXCashXx

xXCashXx Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Coro lv80
    Player Rank:
    For damage output MLBLindsey with Grief sword does great damage with her skill also it grants invincibility frame so yeah giving Grief sword to Lindsey it's a good choice since there's no much good sword user Arcanas that we F2P can grab.

11. TheFearedBeard

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Beard
    Player Rank:
    Hello, so how do you tell if a card is used in someone else's quest? Like in your example is that listed on Toka's card or Haruaki?

12. lostpig

lostpig Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    No easy way to tell until you stumble upon it.

Without datamining that is.:D
    When I played Slay's CS, Bilgitto gets an ATK bonus in the parts where she's in the chart. Chinese wiki says the bonus is 1.5x.

13. xXCashXx

xXCashXx Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Coro lv80
    Player Rank:
    one is Lizerotte requiring certain lvl to unblock Kristian quest

14. Arcen

Arcen Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Bernadette
    Player Rank:
    Thanks for this guide! I learnt a lot here. Anyway, does anyone know how buffs stack? I know that gold stack is additive(e.g. 10%+10%+10%=30%) What about attack and defence buffs? Are they additive or multiplicative?

15. Seyren

Seyren Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Nimpha (60/60)
    Some are additive, while others are multiplicative. Based on my experience, attack buffs are multiplicative. Defense buffs should be multiplicative as well, in general.

16. Tokyo31

Tokyo31 Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Filiana
    Player Rank:
    Just wanted to say Thank You! This post answered so many questions.

17. Shrazkil

Shrazkil Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Nimpha
    Player Rank:
    Question about Kizuna.

Can I have Nimpha in one party, then in another party have someone with Nimpha as the Kizuna? Or once bonded does the Arcana get removed any other use even out of party till unbound?

18. Nilthreud

Nilthreud Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Nimpha (5* Soldier) 65
    Player Rank:
    Being used as a kizuna counts as being in the party, so nope.
    Edit: Completely misread- can't do it inside one party, but it's perfectly fine across different parties (like how you can toss someone in subs for one party, and starting line-up for another).

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  19. meep

meep Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    _
    actually yes, you can (Shrazkil meant using nimpha normally in party 1 and kizuna her to someone in party 2-5)

20. Nilthreud

Nilthreud Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Nimpha (5* Soldier) 65
    Player Rank:
    I've been told many times and at great insistence that that only works if your friend is the one with the kizuna, and that you can't do that with two of your own copies of her.