Difficulties with "What Goes Bang?!"

Discussion in 'Quests' started by Lycara, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Lycara

Lycara Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Robyn 41/60, Nimpha 60/60
    Player Rank:
    For some reason I'm having some severe issues with completing this quest. I've tried mage teams, knight teams, and warrior teams and I have to revive at least once if I don't just let it go. The wacky thing is, I had no issues with either of the Assassination quests.

These are the teams I've been using:
    Main Team: :knight:Parchelle-60/60; :knight:Dannady-65/65; :knight:Wayne-60/60; :cleric:Arietta-50/50 Sub: :warrior:Hero V2-51/60; :wizard:Roxanna-65/65
    Mage Team: :wizard:Islem-60/60; :wizard:Cheery- 65/65; :wizard:Elemia-49/50; :wizard:Hati-60/60 Sub: :warrior:Hero V2-51/60; :wizard:Roxanna-65/65
    Warrior Team: :warrior:Nimpha-60/60; :warrior:Trystan-73/80; :warrior:Toka-55/60; :cleric:Arietta-50/50 Sub: :warrior:Hero V2-51/60; :wizard:Roxanna-65/65

Here are the rest of my units:
    :warrior:
    Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!
    :warrior:
    :knight:
    Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!
    :knight:
    :archer:
    :archer:
    :wizard:
    :wizard:
    :cleric:
    :cleric:

I'd be supremely grateful for any help!

2. hyoton

hyoton Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Not sure
    Player Rank:
    The assassination quests really were that easy. What is causing you to lose?

Lycara likes this.
  3. Lycara

Lycara Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    Well it evenly split between all of my units being knocked out and getting knocked back to the end line. My mage team does really well against the first four waves but can't seem to hack the last wave. If I get enough green mana my Warrior Team seems to hack it until they all get stunned at once, same with my knight team I can't seem to get my Parchelle against that mammoth at the end. Also the third chest won't drop.

Is there some better team I could put together? Thank you so much for your time!

4. hyoton

hyoton Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Not sure
    Player Rank:
    Well, don't thank me yet, all I did was make you type in more text.

There's several things going on in the quest: the golems (the edge and rushing golems do knockback and ailments if I recall and the middle ones do medium to heavy damage and AOE), the dancing skeletons with really high defense who buff other mobs' defense, and the random slowing magical creatures who can hit your backline. The golems are the only real damage threat.

I don't know your party cost offhand so this is just general strategy advice. The quest can be done in several different ways, for example you can out DPS them, you can bring units that resist daze, you can bring knockback units, you can bring a ranged slower to tag the rushing golems, mixed melee + ranged unit (this is the one I did, melee+sansan+liam+lilith with nimpha friend FWIW). I also had some success using marina v2 to stall rushing golems since she has daze resist (gets screwed by the knockback though). Also, since the mobs slow (and blind?), Hati will get her amazing damage bonus if you are willing to micro.

Trystan has line daze and IIRC everything in here is actually dazeable. Also I see you have nimpha so you don't need to rely on friend nimpha. And cheery...in your place I would start with a pretty generic configuration of cheery/nimpha/trystan/marina, pick either a strong DD friend like Ronda or a status immune wall with knockback like sansan. Shaly and vanessa (meant to be danielle? otherwise rox or hero v2 is fine) in sub. Then modify your team as necessary. Cheery just gives you an emergency way to win if everyone is getting dazed. Use mana at boss waves.

I'll put the furball up as a reinforcement if you want to try but my guess is you're better off killing stuff rather than stalling.

EDIT: the melee was LB3 peixe because of her damage resist and dual hit on the skeles on ability 1. Fear the power of HanaKana.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    Phoenixaph and Lycara like this.
  5. Lycara

Lycara Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    Wow! That's awesome! Thank you so much!

I have a cost of 74 right now so I can't get Shaly and Roxanna in my subs. I really did mean Vanessa, I was on a long hiatus during the summer so I didn't get Danielle, or Elza(Who I would kill for).

Oh Maker, thank you so much. I'll give this mix team a go, and try microing my mage team. You're a wonder!

(Edit)That was the trick! Dropped the third chest and everything!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    hyoton likes this.
  6. xRen

xRen Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selena
    Player Rank:
    what exactly are you having trouble with?

Cary likes this.
  7. yeahright

yeahright Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Hatifas
    Player Rank:
    4th chest is a biatch :rolleyes:

8. Lycara

Lycara Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    @xRen
    Ah thank you for asking, but I finally got the last cheat I needed! But I was being knocked back to the end line, and getting killed in that final boss wave.

@yeahright
    I got the fourth chest twice, the third just would NOT drop for some reason. Bah! I stuck it out and got the darn thing. Sorry that last chest was difficult.

9. xRen

xRen Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selena
    Player Rank:
    congrats. :) But for anyone who is struggling with the last boss, all I did was interrupt his dash. He takes forever to prep it so it should be easily doable. Should be easy after that

10. Phoenixaph

Phoenixaph Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB Yoshitsugu
    Player Rank:
    Yeah, it's just the last boss.., since golems are pretty slow. Why don't you use gunners, who also need recharge time?

11. TangentZ

TangentZ Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Morgan
    Player Rank:
    I just go full-on offensive with the 3 :warrior: 1 :cleric: combo (Rhonda, Yoshitsugu, Loletta, Lilith) subs [HeroV2, Sasha]
    Sasha's damage reduction works great, and I put HeroV2 there because I'm out of team cost. :p

12. Screen123456

Screen123456 Member

Party Leader:
    Everything lol
    Player Rank:
    It's damn easy with my current setup:
    :knight: Morgan
    :knight: Parchelle
    :archer: Baltro
    :archer: Constance LB3
    Friend ::archer: Baltro/ Milla

Just get a decent gunner friend and it will be quiet easy

13. lostpig

lostpig Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    I actually am considering running a packet capture program on my phone to find out what chest I'll get if any to decide whether I should burn revives. What does that tell you?