few tips/strategies for players stuck in a quest..

Discussion in 'Guides' started by chaoskane, Dec 11, 2014.

1. chaoskane

chaoskane Active Member

Many people may already know these tricks but I feel like it will be helpful to new players...
    1. The use of active skill.
    a) Character is invulnerable when using their active skill, you could use this time frame to avoid dmg if you use wisely
    For example, you can use a healer to tank dmg and when she is low enough to get kill on next atk, you could use her heal active to avoid the next dmg and heal up, which you avoid one dmg for free.

b) Many active skill can interrupt enemy even it doesn't say it in the description, such as Hero's active, when enemy later on in the main story use strong aoe, they usually show a pattern before they use it, if you use a active skill with interrupt, even their aoe animation is out, you wont' take any damage. Cards such as Hero or Lindsey only use one mana is extremely helpful in those situation.

2. Dodging
    This one really useful when you trying to save mana for the next boss fight or you have some range dps...

The idea is you sent one troop in front of the enemy and quickly back off before the enemy's attack animation is finish.Technically, the higher your movement speed, the easier to use this trick...This trick not only allow you to dodge damage, it allow you to keep the minion or boss in the front line for a long time.

here is some video that show how to do it..

Some situation you could use this trick:
    A) There is multiple boss wave and you need to save mana on the next boss, you basically kill the boss and keep atleast one minion(dancer or archer recoomend) and apply the trick.
    B)When your team is low and you need some heal before the next wave, you just keep one minion and let your healer keep healing..

slykm, Kenny, Cyan and 6 others like this.
  2. Phoenixaph

Phoenixaph Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB Yoshitsugu
    Player Rank:
    Single-Giant-Opponent Fighting

Those full screen flaming deaths are fun to pull off, right? But no- we have not a horde, but a giant monster! Be it Golem or dragon, here are also some contributions to these gargantuan beasts.
    "Chipping"
    The act of chipping is to slowly hack at the HP of the opponent's HP. You know that the damage output of that one opponent's special can be one of three things:

1) Fullscreen AOE.

Barrier Method: Ever used your Barienna? What about your Isaiah? When you see that Mage spin that wand of doom, quick! Do the special interruption technique! If you've played the GCC colosseum, you should remember that multiple specials can be casted on both the opponent and yourself. Depending on the timing of the special, the arcana that fasted the special can come out unscalded. If timed correctly, even Team Heal specials will work effectively!

2) The Swing-Dash AOE:

Cheating Method: Alright, so the opponent is going to spin around at you. The special will activate in a couple seconds. Dire peril, no? Let's assume that by now, you know that the enemy has a spin or dash AOE. The first thing to prevent that is to alternately switch attacking characters, or to only keep one or two of them holding off. If all five of your units are there, take the Clerics as a priority, then The Mages, then the Warriors, and lastly, the Knights. The enemy activates the special, and you quickly pause the game. Look at the units that are in the way, and take the priority out first. If it's a dash, switch the row of the mages. And always keep the enemy to the other end. Knock back.

3) Single-Target AOE.
    Choose a comfortable unit with SPEED. High speed. Take a dancer, and do a damage reduction dance. Who knows. But the fact is that you need to get your target out of the way. Or, if you'd like, trap your opponent on your side of the playing field. They won't be able to heal! And you can gang up on them!

Count the ticks and moves before the Specials are made. After the opponents special is released, activate all dances, if any, and then stock up on mana. Save mana specials for canceling out opponent specials, or when you need to.

So, we've gotten that big special out of the way. You've heard of airshielding, from that post above (with the videos), and the point of airshielding is not to chip, but to escape, so that you can heal as you shield. It also keeps the enemy from walking forward, further preventing it from killing your Mages and Archers. Unless you have a tank the speed of Lindsey, damage usually won't be done.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  3. Apollo's Brother

Apollo's Brother Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    I'm whimsical with leads but I mostly go with what is needed (Event leads or Gold Weekend Leads)
    I just want to point out that any offensive skill will interrupt a boss' skill if you hit them while they wind it up. Some enemy skills finish casting too fast though.

Phoenixaph likes this.
  4. Phoenixaph

Phoenixaph Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB Yoshitsugu
    Player Rank:
    Unless you're talking about a longterm skill like Inami's. I think that you have to hit her while she's throwing it.

5. Apollo's Brother

Apollo's Brother Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    I'm whimsical with leads but I mostly go with what is needed (Event leads or Gold Weekend Leads)
    I'm not sure about that tbh. I usually kill those types of enemies before they are able to finish casting their skill or I just dodge them when they finish casting. It could also be that they are uninterruptable since they have a long casting time. Iirc Inami has an uninterruptable casting animation for her skill when you've unlocked ability 1 or 2.

Phoenixaph likes this.