Final Fantasy Brave Exvius

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Infernally Clay, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Infernally Clay

Infernally Clay Active Member

Party Leader:
    Juliana
    Everyone loves gacha games, right?
    Everyone loves fanservice, right?
    Well this game has both! >:0

Brave Exvius is a better looking and deeper Record Keeper, for all intents and purposes. It has really beautiful sprites and is much more like a fully fledged RPG than we usually get. For a rough idea, here's one page of the character screen:

[​IMG]

Characters can be equipped with a variety of weapons, shields, armour, accessories, most of which you buy in towns and dungeons you actually walk around in. You also have the ability to recruit iconic Final Fantasy eidolons, who you also equip to characters for stat boosts and new abilities, and there are Materia that can be equipped for even more new abilities or passive effects.

Did I mention you walk around in dungeons? Once you clear an area's battles, you unlock that area's dungeon. In it are random battles, chests with loot and even a boss at the end. So awesome.

So who's playing? >:0

2. CFreyn

CFreyn Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Lilith 60/60... Yoshino 65/65... Mustapha 70/70
    Player Rank:
    Jap only?

3. Infernally Clay

Party Leader:
    Juliana
    Yup. Dunno if it'll get a global release but it's still very new.

Just started a new event today where you search a dungeon for chocobo (the puns! D: ), protecting them from Chocobo Eaters in return for feathers. The more feathers you collect, the better the rewards, and there's a global counter as well so the more feathers everyone collects, the more premium tickets we all get.

4. Cary

Cary Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Madea
    Its by the same company that did Brave Frontier. Last I heard there was speculation Alim had been neglecting BF for this new mistress. Looks interesting but if its anything like BF, it will be too annoying to keep up with everything without English.

5. Infernally Clay

Party Leader:
    Juliana
    It doesn't have anything particularly obtuse about it. The only possibly annoying thing is farming for materials since you pretty much have to use a wiki to figure out what drops where and it'll still take a while to get all the parts. Thankfully there's a Reddit for the game as well so you'll never miss an event or not know what the events are, plus the Altema wiki has pictures for all the items so you can easily tell what is what.

Cary likes this.
  6. alphaco

alphaco Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Shuza (70)
    Pretty similar to BF. Gameplay is basically BF's mashed together with FF (ofc...). There's a town you can walk around in and take up sidequests from villagers along with like.. some kinda alternate dimension? I do hope there's a global release sometime though. I think it'd be more fun to play through if I knew what was happening lol

7. Infernally Clay

Party Leader:
    Juliana
    The Between Dimension is where you'll find an optional superboss guarding a powerful katana. Beating that unlocks other - way stronger - superbosses in the Between Dimension menu on the main screen, each one guarding powerful equipment. You won't beat those ones without a maxed out party and a solid strategy.

As for the towns, there are several per continent. Each one has a bunch of NPCs with quests and, of course, shops to buy increasingly better equipment from.

I will say, though, that combat is a bit more complex than Brave Frontier. If you just tap the character slot, they'll do a basic attack. Swiping down on them defends, swiping right let's you use items. Swiping left opens up their spell and ability menu, which is where the real strategy comes in. Pretty much every single stable spell and ability in Final Fantasy can be learned by various characters as they level up and they can use stuff they normally can't learn by equipping them with specific Materia or Eidolons. Even some equipment grants the use of certain spells or abilites.

8. Toto

Toto Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Alphin for most occasion
    i... i deleted it >< although i got a few SR characters .. like rydia , Vivi ! , penelo , and some more..

9. TangentZ

TangentZ Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Morgan
    Player Rank:
    Hey... how come no one is playing this? It's Final Fantasy! I'll give it a try...

Lionel likes this.
  10. Infernally Clay

Party Leader:
    Juliana
    They've currently got a FFIV event going on. A neat dungeon with increasing difficulties where you get to beat up the four Fiends and a bunch of new FFIV characters to pull for - including a 5* Dark Knight Cecil that can awaken to 6*, who has the highest attack power of all characters in the game but obviously expends HP to perform his abilities, and they even added 5* forms for Rydia and Kain.

11. Rahul

Rahul Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Black King MLB
    Hey guys anyone playing this actively? The Global version was kinda announced and a trailer was out, pre-reg campaign too. When I saw the developer was GUMI... I knew something bad would happen. And I think something did... the trailer was pulled down and the pre reg page was taken down too. Gumi better not ruin this deal :mad:

12. Laha

Laha Active Member

It's being published by Square Enix. The developer is the main branch of gumi, not the Singaporean subsidiary that handles the global versions of gumi's games.
    The game is up and running already, you can find the apk here: https://apkpure.com/final-fantasy-brave-exvius/com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFBEWW .

13. Rahul

Rahul Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Black King MLB
    Wow I downloaded it and playing now thanks! How did this go so under the radar? It should be a big game... and when was it released? Seems like it just came out yesterday.

If anyone wants to add me ID: 106 650 842

14. Thewimo

Thewimo Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Lindsey (GCC)
    Player Rank:
    Woah i thought it comes out in like 1-2 weeks. Time to try. Where to prereg tho, this page doesnt work for me: https://www.finalfantasyexvius.com/register/index.html
    And weirdly i cant even play the tutorial. The screen is just black after either giving "YES" or "NO" as an answer in "Downloading required data". Any fix you guys got?

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  15. Rahul

Rahul Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Black King MLB
    I downloaded and am playing it fine. That APK link from Laha works for me. It downloads and I start playing. Maybe try re-downloading? It needs a stable WIFI connection too. And pre-reg is gone, well the game is here so we can't 'pre-reg' haha.

This game is awesome. Its like an entire FF in itself. It has as much content as FFIV. Its basically a full FF but with a gacha.. I managed to get 4* Cyan on my first pull, think anything above 3* is good so I'm sticking with that.

The fact that you can walk around dungeons and towns, even doing side quests is huge for a free game. SE should have really marketed this...

16. Thewimo

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Lindsey (GCC)
    Player Rank:
    There are many other people with this black screen problem.

17. Rahul

Rahul Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Black King MLB
    Hmm I was reading this Reddit thread, says the game is in BETA phase so that could be it maybe. Although I am playing it fine... could be server location too but don't think that should be a problem. Hopefully its sorted out soon and you can play

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/4j0s8d/global_megathread_qa/

EDIT: Actually I got it, its because your device is rooted. Its picking up either Xposed or Lucky Patcher. You can try using root cloaker. If that doesn't work not sure if you want to unroot just for 1 game, or just play on PC emulator

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  18. Thewimo

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Lindsey (GCC)
    Player Rank:
    Hmm i see,thanks for finding the problem :) Lets see...

EDIT: Doesnt work with RootCloak RIP. Another Game after Granblue Fantasy i can't play. Kill me please.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  19. Cary

Cary Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Madea
    Two questions:
    What happens when it goes into official launch? Do we just delete the game and download via the official play stores?

Who should we be rerolling for, and its it worth the hassle?

20. Infernally Clay

Party Leader:
    Juliana
    There's really no point in rerolling. It'd take forever and, in all honesty, you actually want to save up as much lapis as possible.

Going by the timetable of the Japanese version, it'll only be a few months before we start seeing the 6* potential characters being released and you want as much of a chance at getting someone like Lightning or Luneth as possible. On top of that, the actual pool of characters will have grown a lot by then so you'll get a better supply to boot. There're also those bundles they very rarely release, like the 10'000 lapis for three guaranteed 5* characters and some other stuff you can't get anywhere else (like a +30% magic attack materia), so it's genuinely smarter to hold off on premium pulls for now.

VentusXwind and Cary like this.