Former Gumi employee discusses why CCG closed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cary, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Cary

Cary Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Madea
    From Brave Exvius AMA (ask me anything) thread. The number one reason was in fact predicted by some here and no, its not because of a low playerbase or raid disasters. We knew most of this but glad we finally have closure.

Screenshot_2016-11-23-15-56-07-1.png

TangentZ, nickjr, Hitori and 2 others like this.
  2. Renar

Renar Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    January monthly thread is for me
    Player Rank:
    TL;DR : Incompetence at its finest

Cary and Axis123 like this.
  3. Sakura_Samurai

Sakura_Samurai Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Mami
    Player Rank:
    Did not know it was expensive

Make as MANY EXCUSES AS YOU WANT Gumi. Do your best. doesn't mean I'll ever forgive you for what you did to GCC

lostpig, Cary and Axis123 like this.
  4. Jpwong

Jpwong Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    See Signature
    There's nothing really there that we didn't already know or highly suspect. Given all the problem we'd always have right when the new weekly events kicked off, it was obvious the staff were either junior or not well organized. Lack of advertising budget was discussed at length, so was the lack of collabs with the same conclusion that's listed above. This really only confirms the theory that the primary downfall of the game was high re-licensing cost.

Cary likes this.
  5. Axis123

Axis123 Active Member

Party Leader:
    Random waifu
    Player Rank:
    I came from the same country as the gumi that host GCC. Their competence level, as what the rest said, is horrible. They cannot handle these projects.

I am waiting to see FFBE global fail at their incompetent hands. I wonder will they say license with SE is too expensive.

Cary likes this.
  6. Cary

Cary Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Madea
    Theyre doing alright but I think a lot of it has to do with SE cares more about their brand than Sega did with CC. They still have their gimu moments but far less severe.

What annoys me the most is the Gumi lapdogs on that board though. One of the threads licking Gumi's ass was like "Gumi is a trustworthy company that cares about its players, stop hating on them"

Im like you stupid fucking pricks have no idea what shit these people are capable of.

Christine 劉靜雯 and Thewimo like this.
  7. Jpwong

Jpwong Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    See Signature
    Square has a certain amount of brand recognition invested in Final Fantasy, I don't think they'd let it collapse quite as easily as Sega seems to be willing to let their IPs die outside of the home country. Plus if you look at GUMI's homepage, there's essentially no mention of Exvius. It's not even listed in their games catalogue or anything, so I really question exactly how much involvement they have on it in the first place. It's quite possible that although they may be doing development on global, Square is actually providing a lot of the guidance which could result in lower costs for GUMI.

8. RocketBurrito

RocketBurrito Burrito-Kun-Sempai Moderator

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selene MLB 80
    Player Rank:
    In short everything we already knew.

Havarl likes this.
  9. Yura

Yura Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    LB2 V3 Nimpha
    Player Rank:
    Thanks. It's good to finally hear it officially. I can let this all go now and continue on with other games.

Cary likes this.
  10. Hitori

Hitori Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Velnar
    Player Rank:
    You should also blame $ega who nobody in the western audience would even know existed if it wasn't for sonic. They have a shitton of JRPGs that they're too scared to bring to the west because it's too "japanese" even though anime is already pretty popular in the west and most gamers don't hate JRPGs.They don't care about the global market so they didn't care about us and they didn't care about the fact that the global game was poorly handled. They were literally and intentionally waiting for GCC to die ASAP.