Gauntlet Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Dusk, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Dusk

Dusk Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selene
    Player Rank:
    Latest Update: 09/05/2015

So for those who don't know, gauntlet is a new feature (located to the left of the vice capita) where you can battle against other captains. The opponents are RANDOM NOT based on your rank and are NOT from your friends list. After going to the Gauntlet Icon
    1. Pick 10 Character Arcana as your "Gauntlet Camp"
    2. These 10 Character Arcana CAN NOT be changed while you are undergoing this Gauntlet Attempt (you can re-pick characters after you "reset")
    3. When you enter the Gauntlet the first battle is PREDETERMINED meaning you don't have a choice, each subsequent battle gives you a choice between two captains you can preview their team (you can't see their substitute) so you can decide which one you would rather face
    4. Before the battle begins you pick 6 character arcana (4 in your party and 2 sub) your "Battle Party" that will enter THIS battle
    5. If you win, you proceed to a treasure chest and then pick your next opponent
    If you lose, you can fight this opponent again granted you still have other character arcana left. The opponent HP/Death REMAINS THE SAME
    6. Once you COMPLETELY run out of arcana it is game over, you need to wait to get a "Reset Point" everyday at 2am & 2pm PST (resets twice a day) where you can COMPLETELY reset the gauntlet and fight different opponents all over again starting from Battle#1

Tips
    1. Picking your Gauntlet Camp
    -For many players, AOE is king. For example i typically bring:
    Coro: AOE Damage
    Trystan: AOE Damage if Coro Dies
    Selena: 1 Soldier Mana
    Healer: I perfer BURST healers
    6 Sacraficial Soldier Arcana

I want to advise you on one thing, the TOTAL level of your Gauntlet Camp determines the level of the opponents you are fighting! Therefore for the "6 Garbage Soldier Arcana" try to pick Lvl 1 soldier arcanas

2. Battle Slot Management
    When you pick your team to enter the battle, what order you pick your team is important. The FIRST slot Character will appear in the MIDDLE and FRONT of the battlefield (I tried this a few time and it is true)

3. Mana Farming (5 Mana Max is transported to the next battle)
    Probably the MOST important tip, FARM MANA. Here is what i do. I pick a 3 soldier team + 1 Healer and 2 Subs. During the First Battle, i kill all of the enemies EXCEPT their cleric or preferably a dancer, (turn off autobattle). Next i have ONLY 1 of my soldier fight the cleric and or you can just stand still if it is a dancer. The rest sits back and gets healed up by your healer. During this time you will keep getting mana and the key is that the enemy cleric will constantly heal itself while your soldier bashes the enemy cleric thereby extending the battle while you farm mana. I usually try to farm all soldier mana (for coro) once i get a full soldier mana pool i kill the cleric. During the next battle i use Coro AOE and wipe out the enemies ENTIRE frontline and proceed to annihilate the enemy (repeat mana farming if needed). Honestly this is one of the most effective way to get farm in gauntlet farming Mana Pool so you can constantly use Coro AOE to clear the frontlines

4. Dodging Skill Shots
    Some enemy arcana ANIMATION are really long therefore you can move your arcana out of the way so they don't get hit, try not to increase the speed of the battle. For example, i find it really easy to dodge freya skill

5. AVOID Battle with Full-Map AOE Mages (Phoena, Aludra, Cherry)
    Enemies can use Skills as well so be wary of those pesky mages that sit in the back and do whole field AOE they are quite annoying
    -Since the patches, AOE Mages damage has decreased so they are no longer as effective

6. Sub-Party Buiff
    Sub-Party Buffers (Phoena, Juliana etc) DO WORK, however i would advise against using them because i honestly perfer more mana and using my mana to wreck the other team

7. Battle Reset Bug [Source: Forum]
    The "Battle Reset" Bug, as many have pointed out, if the battle has NOT ended, you can pause the game exit the application and terminate the application. Reopen Chain Chronicle and then you get a chance to restart the entire battle this is basically a do-over if the battle doesn't go the way you want (I.E. Crucial Character Dies, Battle not going your way etc)

8. Mana Fodder [Source: Thread]
    During fights in which the battle ended without you being able to farm mana, dont be scared you can send out 3 useless soldier arcana that will get killed to give your Coro some mana to use her AOE [This is for last resorts because you could probably reliably do this 1-2 times during each gauntlet reset

9. Recommended Units
    As stated above, there are some units that do especially well in gauntlet, for example Soldier AOE (Coro), Mage Map AOE (Aludra) and Mage Row AOE (Bilgitto). The unit and strategy you apply really depends on which arcana you own.

Soldier AOE: Refer to above mana farming + sub-party healing
    Mage Map AOE: You perferablly have multiple mages that can start off the battle with mana (I.E. Nelva) for people running this formation do remember if you clear the entire map you won't be able to farm mana and if you try to farm it will be hard because mages aren't especially tanky
    Row AOE: Probably one of the easier methods of farming as one of the commentor stated below [Source: Nicolas ]. You can clear gauntlet using just a tanky frontline knight and have the enemy bunch around him/her and spam the row AOE

10. Opponent Rank is based on Gauntlet Camps Level [Source: Nicolas]
    The idea is that the enemy you encounter in gauntlet is based on the average level of the Gauntlet Camp you take in. Therefore, if you want lower level opponents try to take in arcana that are NECESSARY [Refer to Tip#9] and the rest can be fodder units

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
    MonkeyBalls, Azca Joe, nickjr and 4 others like this.
  2. FirstSea

FirstSea Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    lv 60 Nimpha
    Player Rank:
    Farming mana, good idea.

One thing I noticed is that if you or the enemy gets behind the other as you trade blows, many single and multiple line special attacks will no hit the target if used, aoe will though.
    So if your enemy is a Hero and you get behind him, his special attack will no hit you.

3. Ksakep

Ksakep Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Lindsey
    Player Rank:
    You need to wait 12 hours, isn't it? Why 4 hours?

4. Fio

Fio New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Barienna
    Player Rank:
    I think the reset hour depends on how far you've gotten in the gauntlet.
    If I were to only make it to round 3 (the first honor token) the reset time would be around 2 hours.
    I recently made it to the last battle but lost, and my reset time was up to 10 hours
    So I think you only have to wait 12 hours if you've completed the gauntlet map.

5. topkek

topkek Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    VC Alicia
    Player Rank:
    I've completed the gauntlet map and waiting 10 hours. hmm

6. silas

silas Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Filiana
    Player Rank:
    The timer resets at fixed time twice every day (5 a.m. & 5 p.m. PST). That's why different ppl see different waiting time.

Dusk likes this.
  7. juvon

juvon Member

Party Leader:
    Trystan
    after the first battle, when put the damaged character in the sub-party, straight away HP healed back to max??? or need to enter next battle?

8. Cary

Cary Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Madea
    Great thanks for the advice, esp the Sub Party healing. Got me a lot further this time. I hope this get stickied :)

Dusk likes this.
  9. Dusk

Dusk Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selene
    Player Rank:
    You need to enter the battle for the sub-party character to get healed

10. Kelvin In

Kelvin In Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Nimpha
    Player Rank:
    Mmm great guide, now i can go further haha, keep meeting lv200 dudes along the way

11. Kelvin In

Kelvin In Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Nimpha
    Player Rank:
    I switched my first party to my Gold farming team minus dusty swapped to latty

12. Ralph

Ralph Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Aludra
    Player Rank:
    Anybody used Katya thus far? She's a beast when combined with Aludra+Elemia, and vs warrior teams.
    Set her to the frontline, and cast her special while positioning the other mages behind. Her long cast time allows her to collect all the warriors for one fell swoop, while your back mages hit them for any slight leftover hp. I advanced close to the end until I got unlucky on ~round 7 with mana (though I used Coro-chan to clear the rest then :D)

13. Dusk

Dusk Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selene
    Player Rank:
    i wish i had strong AOE mages T.T i've been focusing so much on the current meta (Soldier team) -sigh- haha

14. crusify_me

crusify_me Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Nimpha
    nice guide! Totally agree with the MANA part. MANA conservation is definitely most important part of this.
    If you want a nice tip that'll guarantee gauntlet clear 100% of time PM me! Doesn't matter what level the opponent even is

15. meep

meep Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    _

This is not true, sub-buffs DO work in Gauntlet mode :p
    lvl 75 Coro without sub-buffs = around 6900 dmg with Aoe
    lvl 75 Coro with sub-buffs = around 8000 dmg with Aoe

these 1100 Dmg really turn your battles, cause it decides whether the enemy is 1-hit or not

16. Ksakep

Ksakep Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Lindsey
    Player Rank:
    Gauntlet Guide for high-lvl Coro users
    1. Gain 2 red mana. If not, pray.
    2. If you have 2 red mana, 1-SHOT ALL MELEE ENEMIES
    3. Farm red mana, heal your Coro
    4. KEEP 1-SHOTTING ALL MELEE ENEMIES
    5. If your Coro dies, you'll lose
    6. Heal Coro, farm RED MANA and you'll win.

bmn and suntar like this.
  17. topkek

topkek Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    VC Alicia
    Player Rank:
    Or have another aoe character (y)

18. Ksakep

Ksakep Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Lindsey
    Player Rank:
    Or this.

19. kbdkke

kbdkke Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Yuuma (Jeniusēµ†)
    Player Rank:
    Mana training and Mana expertise ability (of the right class of course) will help/allow surefire at the start of EVERY battle. Farmed/left over mana can be used to clean up the rest.

Though sometimes(?) when you have full slot of mana, you start the next battle with 2 less mana than before for some reasons.

It will work even better if you have mage-type characters who does whole map AoE and/or has the ability though, but not for F2P unless you are lucky/rerolled and got lucky.

20. comraq

comraq Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Coropatillon 80/80
    Player Rank:
    I think its set so that you can only start with the first 5 mana accumulated in your mana slot from the last battle. Because i have mana farmed 5+ soldier mana many times but only the first 5 carries over

: Gauntlet