[Guide]Play Chain Chronicle on PC

Discussion in 'Guides' started by ChocoKid, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Yksirf

Yksirf Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Coropatillon L 65
    Player Rank:
    So I did that, but it still didn't work. However, while looking I did find that in virtual box if I went to Network and went to Adapter 2 enabled it, used "Bridged Adapter" and then selected my wireless card it started working. Thank you for the help!

2. Pasca

Pasca New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Nimpha
    Player Rank:
    Good thread! I didn't read through all of it, but if you experience stuttering in your emulator while changing screens in-game, or using skills, then change in Genymotion your CPU-count! I had it set on 1 by default, which doesn't seem to please CC much. :)

3. Thi-Br

Thi-Br Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Musica
    Player Rank:
    • " After the device has been restarted, drag and drop GApps file to your virtual device and flash it. "
    Every time I do this step it just moves the files to Downloads / Sd and will not appear the flash option
    EDIT
    So I could not do Genymotion nor the BlueStacks work, then I downloaded the Andyroid and Incredible worked perfectly without having to install any other things or catch!
    Damn andyroid ownz . Now I can play on pc CC and maybe even record some gameplays .

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  4. lostpig

lostpig Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    Does any version of CC works on Intel-based devices at all? The last few versions I can no longer find x86 binaries inside. :( Bummer, I'm still trying to get this game going under the Android SDK emulator. HAXM and x86 virtualization should make it run a lot faster.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  5. Yksirf

Yksirf Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Coropatillon L 65
    Player Rank:
    You mean an Intel processor? yes I'd activate Virtualization in your Bios.. that may solve your issue

6. Thi-Br

Thi-Br Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Musica
    Player Rank:
    I use a intel i3 processor with 64-bit windows operating system 8.1. I had to go into the BIOS ( I use a motherboard ASUS ) and enable Intel Virtualization that is normally disabled as a base.

7. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    I mean an actual Android device with an Intel CPU, like the newly released Asus Zenfone 2.
    I tried running my saved GCC 1.3.0 apk under an x86 system image and it dies with a "native library not found" error.
    I probably need it to go to play store to download a version with x86 binaries in it.
    My laptop has an i5 processor, and I do have virtualization enabled. Still painfully slow because it's an ARM binary.

8. Zak

Zak Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    [ID: 146701939][R: 151][L: Rivera+Sharolala][EL: Reinlitte+Cordelia Denju][UL: Eshal+Lolleta V1(C)/VC Alicia+Liliruca/][FL: ][T P: ~11m G: 12m R: ~1k][DL: ]
    This solves most people's issues with wifi on virtual box VMs.

9. Yksirf

Yksirf Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Coropatillon L 65
    Player Rank:
    Just so you all know Goo shut down, so if your trying to install the GApps, you will need to find another website, the links on the main post will not work.

10. crezyte

crezyte New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Audette
    Player Rank:
    Has anyone run into the problem of accidentally logging in to someone else's account via the Genymotion method of playing?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  11. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    Got my hands on an Intel-based Android tablet and downloaded the game on it. I did get a different apk with x86 binaries inside. :eek: Going to try feeding it into my emulator tonight.

12. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    It launches under both SDK emulator and Andy! But the localized texts are very glitchy under SDK emulator.
    emulatedtermsofuse.jpg
    Same in Andy, only I see a glimpse of proper text flickering between this. Any seen this happen before?

13. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    1.6.1 APK for x86 devices. This will be key to running Chain Chronicle on PCs. No ARM translation at all.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8GOqV57iNqFVklWTmhuU05zZjg/view?usp=sharing

I managed to run TWCC on my laptop under Linux smooth enough to actually play. GCC should be similar. Under Windows it's not so smooth as my screenshot above indicates. I'm using the Android SDK emulator. I'll follow up with a guide.

EDIT: Here is the guide.

0. You need a PC with an Intel CPU with hardware virtualization features enabled. Double check to make sure.
    00. Install a virtualization package. On Windows, install HAXM like previously mentioned on this thread; on Linux, install the qemu and kvm packages using your distribution's package manager.
    1. Install the standalone Android SDK per official instructions. http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/index.html
    Know where you installed the SDK. You'll make use of its path later.
    2. Start the SDK manager. Using it, install these packages:
    Android SDK Tools
    Android SDK Platform-tools (it includes adb, which you'll need to install the APK)
    Under Android 5.0.1 (API 21):
    a. Google APIs Intel x86 Atom System Image
    b. SDK Platform
    3. Click Install (xx) packages. Accept all the license agreements to proceed. Wait for it to finish. It will take quite some time.
    4. From Android SDK Manager, click Tools, Manage AVDs.
    5. Create a new Android Virtual Device with these settings:
    AVD Name: chainchronicle (Or any name of your choice. There should be no space.)
    Device: This concerns the display resolution. Pick one that your screen can comfortably carry. Choose a tablet-ish device with a landscape orientation. I had to use 1024x600 because my screen is only 1366x768.
    Target: Google APIs (Google Inc.) - API Level 21
    CPU/ABI: Google APIs Intel Atom (x86)
    Keyboard: Tick Hardware keyboard present
    Skin: No skin
    Front camera: None
    Memory options: RAM: 1536; VM Heap: 32
    Internal Storage: 2 GiB
    SD Card: 2 GiB (If you previously set up an AVD with a SD card image and want to share it, pick File and pick the SD card image here.)
    Emulation Options: Tick Use Host GPU.

6. Start the new virtual device to make sure it starts.
    7. Download the GCC x86 APK above.
    8. Open a command prompt or terminal.
    9. Once you see your virtual device starts, type this command. Replace $ANDROIDSDK with the path where your Android SDK is installed, and $GCCAPK with the file name of your GCC APK.
    $ANDROIDSDK/platform-tools/adb -s emulator-5554 install $GCCAPK
    If it goes well, it will say "Success" and you'll see the CC icon in your emulated device.
    10. Click the CC icon. Enjoy!
    For convenience you can make a shortcut to the AVD with CC installed. Have the shortcut (or shell script) run this command; do the same substitutions as step 9:
    $ANDROIDSDK/tools/emulator -avd chainchronicle
    On Linux, use this instead to make sure KVM is enabled. It does the same thing as HAXM under Windows and make CC run that much faster.
    $ANDROIDSDK/tools/emulator -avd chainchronicle -qemu --enable-kvm

Tell me is it easier or harder that genymotion or andyroid or bluestacks.(y)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
    ChocoKid likes this.
  14. xolram

xolram New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selene
    Player Rank:
    If I do this, will I have to transfer it from my tablet? Is it possible to play on PC and tablet using the same account? Not at the same time of course.

15. Kossiri

Kossiri New Member

Party Leader:
    Michidia
    Honestly, this is pretty funny. I've followed all 3 guides in this thread and done it all on two computers. I spent the whole weekend tinkering, retrying, uninstalling and redoing, going over BIOS and every setting in all the programs. The ONLY way that worked at all, without any flashing text or crashing, was using Bluestacks; the method everyone says doesn't work.

If you're in this thread for the first time and are having issues with getting any of this to work: Install Bluestacks, Install CC, Play. It Just Works.:eek:

*Edit: Before any "your computer specs are too low" i5 2500K (4x 3.7GHz) + 16GB of 2133MHz RAM + GTX 560Ti. More than enough for LHC@Home, more than enough for a phone app :p

16. hobbykiosk

hobbykiosk New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Trystan MLB
    Player Rank:
    Droid4X v0.8.2 Beta
    http://dl.haima.me/download/D4XU/win/0.8.2/Setup.exe
    i use droid4x, easy install but you need more than 4gb ram to run the game smoothly

ChocoKid likes this.
  17. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    All 3 as in Genymotion, Andyroid, and Android SDK?

18. Zak

Zak Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    [ID: 146701939][R: 151][L: Rivera+Sharolala][EL: Reinlitte+Cordelia Denju][UL: Eshal+Lolleta V1(C)/VC Alicia+Liliruca/][FL: ][T P: ~11m G: 12m R: ~1k][DL: ]
    How do I set Droid4x to use my wireless card so I can get wifi working? I tried going to Virtualbox, but my wireless card doesn't show up in the list. I want to try playing Guardian Hunter on pc, but it doesn't seem to work on all the other emulators I have tried atm. I tried changing the VBox version, but then Droid4x didn't work properly.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  19. hobbykiosk

hobbykiosk New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Trystan MLB
    Player Rank:
    try this version
    Droid4X v0.8.1
    http://dl.haima.me/download/D4XU/win/0.8.1/Setup.exe

20. Zak

Zak Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Ok, I'll try that version. Same Issue. My problem is that my wireless card doesn't show up in the list when I choose Bridged Adapter. Can you show me a screenshot of the network settings on VBox for Droid4x on your computer, then?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015