Has anyone still has global version installed, not deleted?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DreamDB, Dec 5, 2016.

1. DreamDB

DreamDB New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Ryura
    Player Rank:
    I know this is a big ask, I would like to have the game files... to scavenge some valuable data.

Please let me know, thanks a lot.

2. Renar

Renar Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    January monthly thread is for me
    Player Rank:
    There is a thread where the voice and image files where uploaded (well a link to the file)

3. DreamDB

DreamDB New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Ryura
    Player Rank:
    Found it, thanks, I'll give that a try.

Any chance we have .data* files stored somewhere please?

4. DreamDB

DreamDB New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Ryura
    Player Rank:
    Got all images, great. Now only looking for .data* files. Please reply if anyone still have them. Thanks in advance.

5. Renar

Renar Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    There was also thread where people was gathering data in attempts of making an offline version.

6. DreamDB

DreamDB New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Ryura
    Player Rank:
    Just had a search in forum, but I couldn't find it. Any chance give a pointer please? Or keywords I can search.

I searched data2 and offline, didn't find anything.

Also, you seems to be the master here. Do you know who holds those .data2 drama files uploaded by players? Can I ask for that repository please? Original drama.data2 file please, not the unpacked version on that dialogue website.

Thanks a lot.

7. Renar

Renar Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    Well it was here in global... hmm if I recall correctly @lostpig was in charge of the project but it needed some capturing program.
    Dunno about the drama files but you can ask lostpig, he knows more about data extraction than me.

And yes, I'm the master, I'm goddess Dilma after all.

8. lostpig

lostpig Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    And I am the lonely enchantress ( not! :oops:) in charge of that drama website and those couple projects. Oh ho ho ho!

Besides hosting all the GCC drama, it is also host to post-Global drama translated from TWCC for the English-speaking audiences.

I do have all the .data2 (actually .data3) saved. (They are simply gzip-compressed JSON text files.) What exactly are you looking for?

9. Renar

Renar Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    If I could help you in any way.. but I don't understand japanese, so I can only chant for you, unles there are other stuff I could help you with.

10. DreamDB

DreamDB New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Ryura
    Player Rank:
    Can I have them please? I didn't know we had this forum.

I made loads of mods for Jap version, and it worked great. However....... sad story, Jap version V3 changed security, made all my mods unusable. And now, mods can only works with TW version.

I'm thinking of expanding mods to English, that's why I'm looking for those files.

11. lamminhnam

lamminhnam New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Novice
    Player Rank:
    I don't know if it's still possible or not, but if you go to Google Play -> My apps & games -> All , then just scroll down until you find Chain Chronicle english version. I believe you can still see it and download it even if it don't appear when searched. I did this once before. Give it a try

Lol ... While writing the post, I just scrolling down in my apps and games, and now I can confirm: you can find and download it again on Google Play :). Hope I can help

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  12. DreamDB

DreamDB New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Ryura
    Player Rank:
    Thanks for the reply.

Chain Chronicle is a mobile game, all game contents are download while you playing the game, so once publisher shut down servers, there is no data left. Installation package is just a empty shell.

lostpig likes this.
  13. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    Did your JP mod include decrypting downloaded .data5 files? Been looking for a way to.

14. DreamDB

DreamDB New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Ryura
    Player Rank:
    yes, however, couldn't do it anymore, I'm still looking for ways to do that.
    Also, I think the way how the game works changed as well, so even found the way to decrypt those files, still no use anymore.

Anyway, I'm currently thinking of bring some mods to TW version.

If you have a repository for those English version files somewhere I can download from, that would be great. Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

15. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    Were you at least able to decrypt random pre-2.8 JPCC data files? I'll want that in exchange :) - I saved some JPCC 2.7 data dumps as well and looking to decrypt them.

16. DreamDB

DreamDB New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Ryura
    Player Rank:
    I'm not sure what you looking for, the data should be same as the TW version. as they are the same game. So you should be able to get data from TW version.

What I've done is using game by pass encryption, and directly write out none encrypted version data I needed. So I can't directly decrypt those data files yet, this is the same as the V3 version. I'm looking into that, not sure where I can get to at the moment.

If you want TW version files, I can help you to get those? If you just want to know the content of those files, I can explain them in pretty details, just let me know what you want to know.

If you want to decrypt resource files, yes, that has been done by some other h@ck3r, I can help you to get resources.

17. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    What I'm currently looking for in my current datamining efforts are:
    How stats grow as a character level up. I know there is a formula (or 3) behind it. It's this formula I'm trying to work out.
    JP drama scripts, like what you get from my drama site.
    Character parameters
    Enemy designs of quests (needs to intercept network traffic, since they are provided only when a quest is entered, and this is also encrypted)

I'm interested in how your bypass works. Naturally, I want all.:ninja:

I am already able to decrypt and unpack the resources (y) - those guys in the JP section have seen me serve up some BGM sets of a couple recent collabs and vortex.

On the other hand, TW version data is totally unencrypted, but all in Chinese.

18. DreamDB

DreamDB New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Ryura
    Player Rank:
    "stats grow" is server logic, so, no published data.
    "drama scripts" should be same between all version of this game, so you can get TW ones.
    "Character parameters" this in the file charainfo.data5, data is as same as TW version, only text in Chinese instead of Japneses. Apart from a few Chara got upgraded by Sega.

"Enemy designs of quests", enemy data is also in charainfo.data5, quest data, enemy layout are server hold data, collecting them is going to be a painful job, and you definitely can't get them all as there are a lot of none collectable Chara, and one time quests now.

Unfortunately, "bypass" can't work no more, as V3 changed the coding logic. I can't get new data from V3 anymore, this is the part I'm working on. Also, "bypass" is not easy to learn, require a lot of c# programming skills depends on how much change you are looking for. I can show you a few tutorials if you want to learn.

I'm not sure how much I can help on your goal, just let me know and I will do my best.

I would be really happy if you could let me have those English data files to get my project moving again.

19. DreamDB

DreamDB New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Ryura
    Player Rank:
    By the way, I just assumed V3 is tight security now.

You mentioned you "decrypt and unpack the resources", are those V3 version? or just V2 version?

20. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    Yes I do want to learn the bypass. I am running network capture on my phone as I play TWCC, that takes care of quest and stats growth data collection, granted no bypass needed there.

As I translate TW stories into English, sometimes I do reference back to the JP scripts, so having a machine-readable script that I can copy & paste into Google or WWWJDIC is a big plus.

I am able to unpack <=2.5 (Unity 4) and <=2.8 (Unity 5) resources. Haven't tried 3.0 resources yet.

If you are looking to resurrect Global 2.0 as a sorta pocket reference, I also have a way in theory to trick it into accepting additional, locally stored assets. Let's continue in a private conversation.

: GCC, cache data