Help pick my new CC3 device!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lostpig, Feb 26, 2017.

?

What do you think is the best device to play CC3 on?

1. Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. HTC 10

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. OnePlus 3T

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Pixel XL

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. If I can get an emulator to work, a gaming PC

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. OnePlus 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Galaxy Note 8

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  8. OnePlus 5T

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. ZenFone 4 Pro

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lostpig

lostpig Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    My phone failed while playing CC and is now good as dead. Has been sent back for repair once for the same issue. I am so fed up I am scrapping it if no one else in my home want it for parts. And it's not even two years. :mad:

Now I have to find a replacement. So what do you use to play CC3 on and what do you think about it? Does it lag? Is the screen responsive?

My ideal phone should be rootable and SIM unlocked so I'm free to do as I please, so no iPhone. It must have at least Snapdragon 820 or better and at least 2GB RAM, since that's how much memory I estimate CC eats. There are some candidates I put in the poll above, but feel free to tell me about other alternatives I may have missed. Of course, no more Asus!

2. Aewin

Aewin Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB Eirnilus
    Potentially too late for my weigh-in to matter, but I'm playing on an Edge and it's worked out great. I only had one issue lately and that was moving from the title screen to the game after the update. Kind of stuttered a bit there, but it hasn't been an issue since so I suspect it was the update rather than the phone.

3. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    Not at all :) I haven't bought a replacement yet.

4. Jpwong

Jpwong Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    See Signature
    I think any modern phone should be able to handle the game pretty well considering my Nexus 5 can still run it great and that's like 4 year old tech.

I'm looking into a new tablet though, since my Nexus 7 is NOT performing all that great when it comes to some of the games I'm playing though.

5. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    Bought a refurb Nexus 6 to tide me over in the meantime but I'm still not happy with it, and with TWCC also now at v3, so I'm still looking for suggestions.

A few new contenders have / going to come up (last 3 in the poll). All have Snapdragon 835 and an ungodly amount (aka 6GB) of RAM.

6. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    Caved and bought a Zenfone 4 Pro for a test. Finger crossed.