How to buy the cheapest Prysma

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Shalewind, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Shalewind

Shalewind Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selene (lvl80)
    Player Rank:
    [Last Update: 5/14/15]

So, you want to buy some Prysma. GUMI running a sale? Want the best bang for your buck? Confused about what the best deal is? Here some simple math for you. I've seen a linked posted a LONG time ago that mentioned this but as I could not find it, I figured I'd throw this up in the guides section. If you are a Prysma buyer it might be worth a read.

First off, it important to know if you value the "extras" you might get from a bundle because they might have some functional equivalent to Prysma depending on how you use them. For instance, it's entirely reasonable to say 1 stamina fruit = 10 prysma because you can always use 10 prysma as you would a stamina fruit. Also, one time deals are awesome - and if you know the trigger you can select the one you want (by powering off the device and then doing the new trigger as has been suggested elsewhere and often).

So without further fanfare:
    Norm.jpg OneTime.jpg
    ^This deal will not trigger other deals if "Reset and Re-Assigned"
    *It is unknown what triggers which version of this deal you get. It seems some folks are lucky and get the low price, others are not and get the higher price. The price seems to be consistent across the individual player.

The RARE (unknown trigger) offers, particularly the 600 one, are typically the best offers out there.
    The more common recruitment packs are typically your best repeatable bet.

So, some final points. Buying prysma when not on sale, the One-Time deals are AT WORST as good as the 29.99 package of Prysma, moral: you probably shouldn't ever purchase Prysma packages under $30 if you want to get a good exchange.
    If you are patient and not a big spender: I'd advise you wait for a One-Time deal and re-assign it to a Recruitment One Time deal - that is the BEST 100% certain re-assignment you can do hands down in terms of Pulling.

How to Re-Assign a Deal:
    Some deals can be re-assigned by closing the game application before you accept or reject the deal. You then sign back in an perform the trigger that makes the deal you want appear. The game seems to "save" a flag of some sort that you are deal eligible. If we could figure a trigger for the Special deals (if there even is one) that would be great - but at present we don't know what they are.

Hope some find this useful.

Edit: Included Sinh's special (the lucky SOB).

Last edited: May 14, 2015
    Iza, CooLMooCoW and Ralph like this.
  2. Sinh

Sinh Active Member

Party Leader:
    Nimpha
    Player Rank:
    Wait... the one time recruit package is $39.99 for you? It's $29.99 for me and therefore the best deal by a long shot. Whenever I want to buy prysma, and a deal triggers, I always manually exit the game so that I can roll at a tavern and bring it up.

Hideo Kojima likes this.
  3. Shalewind

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selene (lvl80)
    Player Rank:
    First, let's ensure we are both talking in USD... :)
    Second, if that is the case - yes that would indeed be amazing. Any chance you can screen shot it for us next time it's up. I've only ever seen 39.99 pop up and my internet searching seemed to imply the same. :eek:

4. Sinh

Sinh Active Member

Party Leader:
    Nimpha
    Player Rank:
    Definitely USD, I live in Seattle, WA. I always wondered why people bought anything else... In fact, I was considering making a post like this with all the deals, but thought it was trivial since the one time recruit blows them all away.
    One-Time Recruit.png

CooLMooCoW likes this.
  5. Triskelion

Triskelion Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Trystan
    Player Rank:
  6. Shalewind

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selene (lvl80)
    Player Rank:
    That's crazy. No, I've never seen that one. I've only ever seen 39.99. Even the old sheet Triskelion just linked seems to support that. You sir have something up, apparently in a fantastic way for you. If I where to buy, that's what I'd get hands down.

7. Triskelion

Triskelion Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Trystan
    Player Rank:
    I'll try and restart my phone to trigger the one time recruit pack next time I get an offer to see if it's 29.99 or 39.99 :p

8. Shalewind

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selene (lvl80)
    Player Rank:
    Please do.

9. CooLMooCoW

CooLMooCoW Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Farlin
    Player Rank:
    Just to expend a bit on the slight differences between the Recruitment pop-up deal and the 1,980 shop sale.

-- They both offer the same bang for your buck, unless your seemingly lucky enough to live in Seattle of course (here's lookin' at you, Sinh... :ninja:).
    - "Recruitment" has both the advantages of always being available to the players who can activate the pop-up triggers & the initial price tag is lower, allowing players to spend more in moderation while not getting low-balled in any fashion. The 2,500 AC & 250,000 Gold is also a nice little perk.
    - "Shop Sale" advantage is that it offers pure prysma. A more flexible in-game currency compared to tickets, since it allows players to use more of their collective stash on other features such as inventory expansion, raid item bundles & the 10+1 tavern pulling function. The last example is exceptional prominent in the face of the latest rate-up event, where the 11th pull is a guaranteed SR or UR. So one may even consider it a waste of potential "prysma" since tickets must be used first before the special tavern feature is unlocked, not to mention you can technically do more 10+1 pulls with the "Shop Sale".

So for modest spenders or F2P-ers making that transition, I imagine the Recruitment deal is a more attractive offer since it needn't cost as much out of pocket. Though if you have the funds and can foresee yourself spending roughly 2k prysma on this game, then I consider the "Shop Sale" to be slightly more beneficial & flexible in the long term.

10. Elevator

Elevator Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Fan-Fan
    Player Rank:
    I have seen that offer twice at $29.99, and I do not live anywhere close to Seattle. It's not a coffee thing

11. Chozen_Azn

Chozen_Azn Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selene/Musica
    Player Rank:
    Hmm, not expecting you to change the numbers you worked so hard to crunch out, but I swear that when the 1080 special prysma discount came up for me I spent $41.14 for the entire bundle. Here's a screenshot from my google play history; I know it isn't concrete proof and I'll post a screenshot of the offer in game if I'm ever lucky to get it again to verify.
    Regardless, good work as always (y)

Attached Files:

12. Shalewind

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selene (lvl80)
    Player Rank:
    So... It looks like there is mounting sufficient evidence that some bundles have either alternative pricing for some reason at some times, or that perhaps they are capable of changing price? Have either of you seen the requisite bundle for the other price - thus indicating that it can be a different price in the same location?

13. Pink

Pink New Member

Party Leader:
    Yoshitsugu
    No screenshot, but I can confirm this bundle. My sister and I both bought one at the same price. I saw this pop up a few times already.

But there's a better one... $17.28 for 600. I only saw it once and my sister has never seen it.
    uploadfromtaptalk1430184161771.jpg

14. Bunbee

Bunbee Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selene (80); Juliana (60)
    Player Rank:
    Triggering right now the one time energy pack~~ ;) Thank you so much for your help! :lol: I mean, doing all this guide stuffs is so helpful for idles like me =_="

15. Jaggs

Jaggs New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Aludra/Parchelle
    Also, when you buy the 29.99 prysma pack in the shop, they say you get 2 premium tickets with it too. So there's that.

16. Geri

Geri Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Farlin v3
    Player Rank:
    So the best easily available deal is the 1980 prysma one?

17. Zissou

Zissou Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Rinuya MLB
    Player Rank:
    I've vowed off of spending any more money on this game - but I did buy a prysma deal for 14.99.

I've only bought non-sale prysma once and found it to be not cost effective. I'm tempted to spend and pull during this event ...but...there's nothing I really need and I'm really enthused with Gumi after all the raid issues. Forum posters seem to think that the rates are good this round. Maybe....

18. Matt

Matt Moderator Moderator

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Yoshitsugu-Lvl 80 Velnar-Lvl 80
    Player Rank:
    Stickied thread

19. Shalewind

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selene (lvl80)
    Player Rank:
    Thank you, Matt. I will update the chart with any screen shot offer that is produced with a caveat that it is not one of the normal ones.

20. Matt

Matt Moderator Moderator

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Yoshitsugu-Lvl 80 Velnar-Lvl 80
    Player Rank:
    Nice one. Think a lot of people will find it handy my included. Though I'm far to lazy to Ai for one time offers and quit over and over till the right one pops lol. Sucks the 1980 prysma one has gone now. It r finished late as I bought one more this morning lol