How-to level up characters and rank up!

Discussion in 'Guides' started by God, Dec 31, 2014.

1. God

God Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selene MLB -Lindsey, Trystan MLB, Roxanna, Mustapha available-
    Player Rank:
    The future is bleak, my friends. Leveling up chars and ranking up to fit those 4*|5* is a pain. But despair not. I have compiled some data for you and do all the calculations you might have wanted to avoid doing yourself. Will update it when new quests are released.

If you have issues digesting the content (numbers, ach), just go to the conclusion :)

Or you can just read this:

Very short summary:
    BEST LEVELING SPOT (better than dailies) for all classes: Spark of battle (Sage's Tower - Flame Sprite Colony)
    BEST RANKING UP SPOT: Preliminary Contest (Nine Territories - Flaming Shrine) - great for Arcana coins but not so good to level up characters.

Dailies drop rates for enhancers
    Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!

Exp gained by your characters in dailies
    Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!

So, unlike what you might be thinking, rookie yields much more experience than intermediate on average. Even with a Nimpha on intermediate, you do not even match the exp gotten on rookie with no nimpha

Comparison to free quests

FoR stands for Fruits of Research (Sage's Tower - Tower of might)

The xp yield is a bit lower than rookie and intermediate on right days, unless you are maxing a mage & a bit higher than intermediate (even on the right days).

Update: according to the data collected so far, City Lookout in Breezeway is a better spot than Fruits of Research for soldiers, with an exp/AP = 669|757. Ring yield on the long term is the same as FoR's (26-27AC/AP each). Run them if you want to accumulate tons of Arcana Coins before v2.

Update 2: the BEST leveling spot for soldiers is Flame Sprite Colony - The spark of battle with an exp/AP = 915|949
    Better yet, you have a GUARANTEED 802xp/AP when you run it. If you do not feel like praying to RNGesus, this is your leveling spot.
    Arcana coin yield is lower than FoR (17.3AC/AP) but it is better than Rookie (ring wise & exp wise).

Player exp

Fortune Rings from Free Quests (example: FoR)

Why would I mention ring yield when all that drops is chars, enhancers and Arcana coins?
    Therefore, in the best possible conditions for dailies (with Nimpha) vs the normal conditions for FoR (no Nimpha), you get MORE rings running FoR.

For those who have Kain's weapon (acquired once he reaches lv40)

ADVISORY: USE ALL YOUR ENHANCERS ON KAIN TO MAX HIM AND GET HIS WEAPON. IT GRANTS +5% FIGHT EXP AND IS THE BEST INVESTMENT YOU CAN MAKE WITH YOUR ENHANCERS.
    As a 1*, he is very easily maxed (if you check my guide on exp tables, you will see it takes him no time to get to 40)

For those who are willing to Arcana summon straight away (highly not recommended, but it's your call), check the following

CONCLUSION:

If you want to rank up the fastest, while leveling up your characters evenly and with a no gold cost (no need to feed any enhancers) + good Arcana coins yield, run Preliminary Contest.

If you want the best exp to max one character, whatever the day, run SPARK OF BATTLE (Sage's tower - Flame Sprite Colony). It is not RNG reliant, quick ranking up, decent Arcana coins yield. Best leveling spot for soldiers and likely for all other classes as well.

If you are desesperate for rings (at the moment), clear all rewards in ROOKIE, then run INTERMEDIATE and sell your 3* enhancers (which drop on average every 5-6-7 runs, depending whether you run Nimpha or not.)

If you want to have more rings in the long term, run either FRUITS OF RESEARCH or CITY LOOKOUT or PRELIMINARY CONTEST (looking into the rates for this one atm) .

Long story short, why run free quests rather than Dailies?
    - to make more rings (long term - any of the three free quests is better than dailies) and more exp (if you run Spark of Battle),
    - to be able to do something on the side (no need to get all rewards in one day),
    - TO AVOID RELYING ON RNG,
    - to rank up at least 4 times faster (any of the free quests). Which means increased cost to fit more units in your team. Also 4 times more AP refills when ranking up. Some events are also only open to certain ranks...

Why is it good to save Arcana to trade for rare chars, then sell for rings in v2?
    1 - ring gacha to possibly get a random fortune ring UR (low rate)
    2 - exchange rings for premium tickets (self explanatory)

Data required to complete this guide:
    - Enhancer multiplier for wrong class:
    Gotten: multiplier is 0.8

- Drop rate for chests in Fruits of research
    Drop rates are 65%|40%|40%|25%

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  2. God

God Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    Reserved for updates.

- Added exp on wrong days for dailies
    - FoR determined as best way to farm rings (by a mile)
    - Added a short summary in the end to make it easier to understand
    - input the correct exp value you should expect in FoR -with the correct chest loot rates this time-
    - took Kain's weapon (+10% to xp gained during quests)
    - briefly mentioned Nicky. Good to use in FoR if you want to level only 5 other characters.
    - added the option to Arcana summon to the list, which is not very ring efficient but a very good exp yield both for the player and the chars. Address your thanks to @Scotch_Sipper for his comment :D
    - added City Lookout (Holy Kingdom -Breezeway) exp yield, higher than FoR for soldiers only.
    - added Spark of Battle (Sage's Tower - Flame Sprite Colony) exp yield, higher than any other free quest or daily. Huge exp yield GUARANTEED there.

01/06: reviewed the whole guide with the right exp values for enhancers & Arcanas. Added the very short summary at the start.

Guide complete until new better free quest is out. ;)
    Update: new best ranking spot is in the 9 territories, Flaming Shrine. Might be the biggest AC yield/AP as well. Best leveling spot remains SoB

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    althar30k, BA'AM, KingCK and 4 others like this.
  3. whaaaatt

whaaaatt New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Cheery
    Player Rank:
    Thanks for the guide. Would you say that it is worth running rookies even if it's not the right day?

4. God

God Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    If it is not the right day, FoR > Rookie.
    Will add that to the guide ;)

5. Hunter

Hunter Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Lindsey 80
    Player Rank:
    Thank you for this :)

6. sd240

sd240 Active Member

Party Leader:
    Lolleta
    Player Rank:
    Awesome guide, this will be extremely helpful since I have lollette, Vorg, and Lindsay to level up

7. God

God Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    You are welcome. I was just doing it for myself but ended up like "why not share my finidings?"

If you need to level up 3 warriors (and maybe your healer), Fruits of Research is currently your best option. ;)

8. sd240

sd240 Active Member

Party Leader:
    Lolleta
    Player Rank:
    Good to know, I am also trying to get Kain to lvl 40 for the sword award. I heard it gives +5% exp to the party which will also help with leveling once it is equipped to Vorg or Lindsay

9. God

God Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    I wanted to include Kain in the calculation but that will be for later. Put him in subs for now. As you said, the weapon provides a +5% boost to experience gained in battle and makes FoR even better. You can put it on any sub to level up your chars... Amille could be an idea (would then boost attack and exp from battle if he is in subs) - Nicky's ability is a great asset to level up (+10% exp)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  10. sd240

sd240 Active Member

Party Leader:
    Lolleta
    Player Rank:
    Yeah I have yet to get any really good subs aside from the hero at this point so maybe I should just save that sword when I get it...

11. God

God Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    Amille is the free character we will get for new year's eve ;)

12. sd240

sd240 Active Member

Party Leader:
    Lolleta
    Player Rank:
    Good to know, Sounds like a great first sub. Now I have to get my rank up so I can make my great party, right now Toka is on the sidelines due to cost issues

13. God

God Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    Same for me. For my ideal team, I need 81 cost. Need 40 ranks up haha. Dailies being the worst to rank up, I was wondering whether FoR was worth a try :)

14. Einherjer

Einherjer Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Lindsey
    Player Rank:
    So... The Great Trap Amille is actually good...? :( Should I sell him or no...? (Also, I still have my Ioh, sell or no? Does his next quest [when he's lvl 10] give Prysma as well?)

Anyways, thanks for the great guide. Also, how many EXP does FoR give for Ranking (and Unit Exp)?

15. God

God Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    400xp for 6AP
    Amille is... Decent if you have no better choice. Ioh's second quest is at lv20, I believe.
    If you have Lindsey or you are close enough, just keep doing what you are doing till you have one sample. Ioh is definitely sellable. I believe his second quest unlocks his second ability.

16. sd240

sd240 Active Member

Party Leader:
    Lolleta
    Player Rank:
    I ended up selling ioh before getting his 2nd quest, just didn't care enough

17. Chachy

Chachy New Member

Party Leader:
    Lindsey
    Player Rank:
    quick question why is FoR best for rings long term?

18. God

God Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    It's explained in the guide. You get many more arcana coins by running FoR than dailie. So many more that when you will be able to trade AC for rares in v2, it will amount to more rings when you sale your rares than you could have collected from dailies

19. Chitte

Chitte Member

Friend ID:
    I am now swearing off normal recruiting until v2... Need to finish more of main quest, but also swearing off dailies. Spend 120 AP today and still haven't gotten last drop in intermediate.

20. Nilthreud

Nilthreud Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Nimpha (5* Soldier) 65
    Player Rank:
    Do note that this is an investment into the future- these fortune rings are only redeemable once v2 comes out, so if you want fortune ring characters NOW, or very soon, then you'll want to do dailies. That said, this is a very good idea for people who don't mind waiting.

Ram likes this.