Intro to V2 *Update: Major Upcoming Changes* 9/3/15

Discussion in 'Guides' started by JackOLantern, Mar 15, 2015.

1. JackOLantern

JackOLantern Poi Member Moderator

Party Leader:
    Kirara
    Yea JPCC never had honor tokens, gauntlet, or Colosseum.

2. Zak

Zak Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    [ID: 146701939][R: 151][L: Rivera+Sharolala][EL: Reinlitte+Cordelia Denju][UL: Eshal+Lolleta V1(C)/VC Alicia+Liliruca/][FL: ][T P: ~11m G: 12m R: ~1k][DL: ]
    I don't think you mentioned the 3x speed that was added during/around Deed V2's tower event.

JackOLantern likes this.
  3. lostpig

lostpig Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    I have a feeling we at Global are going to be getting quite a few v2 updates at our v2 rollout. We may even head straight for v2.1... or even v2.2 :eek:
    [​IMG]
    This image from gumi's v2 microsite tells me we are getting the new map (Crosswaters) from the get go, meaning the first two chapters of book 2 all at once, all the way to Daybreak Isle at least (formerly Ocean's Dawn ;) ). We will also retain the server time display (and the roll-a-5* congrats, if you care :lol:) And it looks like we also get a placeholder for a third continent.
    Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!

4. JackOLantern

Party Leader:
    Kirara
    I just realized Ocean's Dawn gets renamed to 'Daybreak Ocean'?

These names are gona take some getting used to...

Apollo's Brother likes this.
  5. Apollo's Brother

Apollo's Brother Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    I'm whimsical with leads but I mostly go with what is needed (Event leads or Gold Weekend Leads)
    Nope nope nope. Forever gonna be Ocean's Dawn for me. Daybreak Isle/Ocean, seriously?...

6. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    In JP it is 夜明けの大海.
    夜明け is dawn, "daybreak" is also dawn, (the rest is ocean) and so Daybreak Ocean actually sounds quite smooth to me. I don't see a problem there. (y)

Same can't be said for Peixe though, the title at least.

nickjr likes this.
  7. Apollo's Brother

Apollo's Brother Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    I'm whimsical with leads but I mostly go with what is needed (Event leads or Gold Weekend Leads)
    Daybreak doesn't sound as epic as Dawn imo :/

Dawn Breaker likes this.
  8. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    On the contrary. :cool:

9. JackOLantern

Party Leader:
    Kirara
    I thought version 2 was like..the "dawn of the new world" or something like that, not "daybreak of the new world" :cool:

10. Astram

Astram Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Shuza
    Player Rank:
    'Ocean's Dawn' is just a mistranslation anyway, it's supposed to be the other way around (meaning dawn should be the possesive noun, not ocean lol).

VSlice and Apollo's Brother like this.
  11. Zak

Zak Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    [ID: 146701939][R: 151][L: Rivera+Sharolala][EL: Reinlitte+Cordelia Denju][UL: Eshal+Lolleta V1(C)/VC Alicia+Liliruca/][FL: ][T P: ~11m G: 12m R: ~1k][DL: ]
    I've been typing Dawn of Ocean for quite some time... Well, now, I guess I'll call it Daybreak Ocean.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    Apollo's Brother likes this.
  12. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    OK. Now that v2 is finally live for Global, here is what I can add.

- First quest of Act 2 (alright, book 2) is 13AP which matches JPCC. That means Act 1 main story should see a permanent AP reduction. I'll check my data later to confirm.
    - Still no mention of 4* and 5* drop rates in tavern recruits.
    - Dim Fog and Dark Fog was still there. :eek: But no one should be able to actually start these quests now since the event is long over. However we use it to refresh the friend list to get the friends we need.
    - Revival fruit is still available in the Ring Exchange aka Ring Shop.
    - If you cleared Act 1 before v2 hits, the story didn't change on you even though Act 2 is now online.
    Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!
    - We already got a taste of SP guest. Battle for the Sea has a lv20 Peixe for the fixed helper.
    - No kizuna or weapon switching yet, so we got 2.0 with the Daybreak Ocean update. However, the data set now supports composite abilities, so one ability for reduced skill mana cost and life drain is now a reality (I'm looking at you, Ephimera)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  13. JackOLantern

Party Leader:
    Kirara
    Is daybreak ocean confirmed out though? I haven't seen anyone talking about reaching the second map yet.

Also, apparently, Gumi officially stated that their rates now match JP rates...yea "stated" lol.

14. Valor

Valor Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Paloma/Mustapha(w/ EA)
    Player Rank:
    I assume so:
    • I have gotten both pistol and sniper (or whatever they are called in GCC) enhancers from challenge recruit
    • I checked the ally list and there are spots for the 2*s added in Daybreak Free Quests.
    • There's a spot in the Tavern list for the Crosswater Taverns, it would be dumb to add that with nothing to go on it.
    At the very least the Daybreak characters are programmed in the game.

15. Zak

Zak Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Gumi said so too, but no one cares...

16. 眼鏡兄ちゃん

眼鏡兄ちゃん Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    なし (笑)
    lostpig, don't you think those lines you said about the Black King is a spoiler? Quite a major spoiler for TWCC. Sure, there doesn't seem to be a lot of players playing that here but stil...
    And that bit about Black King for GCC might be minor spoiler but I've lost count of how many people in this forum said I'm playing CC for the story; you don't know how many of those haven't finished book 1 yet and how many of them hates spoilers no matter how small. So, spoiler tags? :)

17. Zak

Zak Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    I reached the second continent. They did not release OD yet. The story ends at Chapter 1 of Book 2 currently.

18. Collie

Collie Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Lindsey
    I think they'll release Daybreak when they get the festival for those tavern units.

19. KaiGin

KaiGin New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Lindsey (LVL 60) (Maxed out Grief Sword)
    Player Rank:
    So the 2000 AC recruit has a small chance of getting the current fortune ring characters that are available? If this is true, then I got really lucky xD.
    (October) - I got 5x Nina and 1 Melfunash within 20 tries o.o 12167815_1062250163794376_864164442_n.jpg

20. JackOLantern

Party Leader:
    Kirara
    The content listed in this are taken from the JP version. In that version, it is indeed a very small chance of getting the FR exchange character.

In Global CC, this was not the case, as people were getting ring exchange characters left and right when V2 first came around. I was told they tuned it down since then, but from personal experience, the rates are still quite high in comparison to JP.