It's been almost one month since GCC's colapse. The aftermath?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BeheMoth, Mar 25, 2016.

1. BeheMoth

BeheMoth Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Alvert
    Player Rank:
    What you guys been up to? Has your opinion on Gumi and/or Sega been affected? which games you play now?

To me, my opinion towards sega declined drastically to the point where I'll be boicotting their products, I had planned to pre-order Total War: Warhammer (Not a fan of total war, but I like warhammer 40k, I know it's not the same as Warhammer fantasy, but it's a start) now I won't.

After seeing what they done to the global War Pirates it left me a bitter taste.

In case some of you didn't knew: War Pirates by Sega started it's softlaunch in november, available only in 4 countries of the whole freaking world. I was anticipating it's release, but suddenly they took it off from the store and shut down their servers without a notice.

One fellow member from our boards sent them a message, they told him there was not enough support from the costumers for the project thus they shut it down.

Really? Can Sega be more fucking stupid than Gumi? Cancelling a game because it's Softlaunch wasn't succesfull? It's not like they ever did at least a prelaunch.me to measure people's interest or anything outside of what even the sega fanboy outlets considered a "ninja softlaunch".

So their whole fucking surveys, them firing the western dev teams was all for nothing, our support as fans of their products meant nothing, well fuck sega. fuck them to oblivion. Don't even bother with Monster Gear (currently in softlaunch) they'll pull the plug eventually as that game isn't half of what War Pirates was, the stupid fucks just want a horde of Yes men to tell them we love sonic and we want more Sonic shit on our phones and systems. They can't tell this is the year 2016 and not 1992.

If sega has such a small tolerance towards frustration and shortsight, it could mean that maybe GUMI wasn't all to blame. We may never know what happened behind their doors. We always assumed after the interview that they dropped the ball to focus on POTK. But in the end it may had been an excuse to save face and look even less incompetent while saving Sega from some backlash.

Now when I'll read news about Sega's downsizing their arcades and such, I won't worry, they deserve that and worse. If they want to shut themselves down to the JP market only, fine do so, let the other Japanese companies take their slice of the world market because these fuckheads are too scared. I'll support projects from the large companies like Nintendo and even if I dislike them to a certain extent Bandai-Namco to smaller companies like ColoPL. But never a dime to Sega, if their games come in a bundle fine, or if I get them in a bargain okay, let em rejoyce in one fucking dollar profit. but never Full retail again.

As for games I'm playing now:

Still M:CoC as I know those will be a loooooong time till they shut down.
    Still SIF, enjoying it, seems like it will have a long time span, it's usually within the top 200 grossing apps and Aquors will inject some life into the game.
    ColoPL Rune Story, yeah come and say the JP is better, but the global one is sloooooowly improving and have a long way to go, they already got us the JP art, soon they may get us the JP voice acting, supposedly we have the JP drop rates now. It may not be much, but I'm doing my part in supporting these guys, spreading the word, they have some spine by remaining even after their horrendous release, they seem to be slowly picking up. Now they're within the top 500 grossing apps, near the end, but there they are.

Hitori and Cary like this.
  2. Thewimo

Thewimo Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Lindsey (GCC)
    Player Rank:
    Rune Story i played in July till maybe September i think, i really like the game but since it couldn't be optimizes for my and many other phones at all, i quit.

3. Sen_93

Sen_93 Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Whatever I feel like
    Player Rank:
    Well personally, I migrated to the JP version of Chain Chronicle.
    And now, I've essentially lost motivation to bother with most F2P games. Gave up on LLSIF, barely care for Brave Frontier and discovered other F2P games like Panzer Waltz and Metal Slug Attack. They're fun, but kinda lost motivation to bother with them as much. Also JP version of Seven Knights is fun too, but my tablet doesn't want to play ball with me there.
    Guess the only F2P games I care for now are JP Chain Chronicle and Granblue.

4. Jegan2020

Jegan2020 Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    unknown
    Player Rank:
    Well I play Guild of Honor since GCC got shut down and now I'm having more fun than GCC ever give me. My luck here are amazing, in one moon of playing it I already have 10 out of 13 of the most powerful unit in the game. The company that run this game listen to their player. We lobby for more gold drop we get more gold drop.

5. Phoenixaph

Phoenixaph Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB Yoshitsugu
    Player Rank:
    I dont play any more mobage games.

I did find an online game which I play.
    I binge anime and read books.
    I talk with you guys

Orenji and Cary like this.
  6. Renar

Renar Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    January monthly thread is for me
    Player Rank:
    Digimon Heroes for Android.... figuring out how to install Digimon Linkz and claim my free V-mon (thought I hate that digimon)... I really hope namco launches an inglish version soon...

7. Cary

Cary Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Madea
    Im with Phoe. Done with mobages. I learned that lesson the hard way with global. I still have Seven Knights installed and its a wonderful game but currently dont have time for it. And I know itll be around for a long time due to its immense popularity. Same with final fantasy record keeper.

In JP I get sad when I hear the punching sound effect from fist users because it reminds me of my Monette. Also when using aoe mage....why cant you be Liam. :(

Orenji, Renar, thelimlight and 2 others like this.
  8. iron2000

iron2000 Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Nimpha
    Player Rank:
    Now I play more of FFRK and occasionally Megapolis.
    Looking at Kai-ri-Sei Million Arthur but yet to install.

Gumi...I try not to play any games by Gumi - stay away.
    Sega...I'm still ok with them.

The bottom line is I'm now wary of spending money on mobile games, I don't trust them anymore.

9. Jpwong

Jpwong Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    See Signature
    FB game dev mentioned these types of games (average FB/mobile game) typically last about a year and then shut down. So you should go into a game with that sort of expectation. If the game is exceptional it will last longer, if the game is bad, well you probably weren't spending any money on it in the first place.

10. Elva

Elva Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Yoshino/Sonya
    Player Rank:
    It's good to back here again, I see many familiar faces. I am now dedicated to Brave Frontier, but I'll keep my wallet closed. My opinion on Sega remains unchanged, and Gumi will always be Gumi. I have set CCG behind only as a yearlong experience full of pleasant (and some unpleasant) memories. :)

Cary likes this.
  11. Godwyn

Godwyn Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Lolleta
    Did the CC to BF thing for a week or so. Found it lacking. Now playing FFRK because a lot of my friends already were. It is by far the best one I have seen asides from CC. I guess it must be the Final Fantasy name that makes it so big, but CC was better in almost every way. That is part of what gets me so. CC was by far the best of its type out there.

Phoenixaph likes this.
  12. Hitori

Hitori Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Velnar
    Player Rank:
    $ega's marketing has always been bad. A few shitty/weird heavily Japanese games didn't do well in the west? Obviously, the West doesn't want any JRPGs or PSO2! They couldn't even market the dreamcast properly back in the 1990s which is how they downgraded to a 3rd-party software company. The dreamcast didn't suck, there wasn't enough advertising or trust in $ega and the timing of it's release was piss poor. $ega isn't some evil corporation who hates anyone who isn't Japanese(as much as I may joke about it), they're just fucking dumb.

13. BeheMoth

BeheMoth Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Alvert
    Player Rank:
    While what you state it's right and I love (and still own a DC), the Dreamcast did possess 2 fatal flaws:
    1.-The games being on CD roms when DVDs where just right around the corner, they could had even went for some proprietary format like the gamecube did as long as it held more data than CD-Roms, then we had stuff like Shenmue in 4 (or was it 3?) discs and such.

2.-These same CD roms being so darn delicate, I'm telling you I had Street fighter 3. if Bison or another character I forgot had to load, the whole game crashed and the console rebooted.

Also it being so prone to piracy, any kid could pirate without even chip-modding the system. The DC was beautiful, but was doomed for failure mainly for the CD rom issue.

I still believe they're fucking stupid, and I won't ever support them again, I had faith in their survey, and with the cancelation of War Pirates I can see they don't give a fuck about us.

So I don't see why we should support them while companies like Nintendo seem to care with Pokemon GO set for this year, and if we're lucky Pokemon co-master may come to the west.

Renar and RocketBurrito like this.
  14. Plantify

Plantify Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Myself
    Player Rank:
    The aftermath is the death of thousands and hundreds of screaming, traumatized children with nowhere to go, nobody to be with, surrounded by the real world.

Martin541 likes this.
  15. Mouse

Mouse Active Member

Party Leader:
    MLB Symphonia...RIP :( JPCC: Trish
    Player Rank:
    Lol never playing another Gumi game.

Just started playing Eagle fantasy golf. Anyone who's ever played Pangya will definitely enjoy it. Also Monster Strike, and One Piece TC on occasion.

I did migrate to JP CC but got burned spending about 100 prysma at a tavern. No URs at all. Really pissed and have decided to take a break from it for now lol.

16. Nafe1998

Nafe1998 New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Hati MLB
    Player Rank:
    Right now I'm playing mobas on my pc also coc on phone though not much. I am hoping for granblue fantasy to release in english soon.

Jegan2020 likes this.
  17. Jegan2020

Jegan2020 Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    unknown
    Player Rank:
    Speaking of Granblue fantasy, they have way more art than CC. I mean they have you know ero douji, while cannot find ero douji for CC.

Nafe1998 and Phoenixaph like this.
  18. thelimlight

thelimlight Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Morgan
    Player Rank:
    i'm feeling empty......

19. aryaphot

aryaphot Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Minoa
    Migrate To JPCC...
    I dont want to play any other games
    Started JPCC At the end of Zuphlas raid...
    My first 3 pulls net me Leaho and SSR Ticket from new year event gave me Lelian
    Im satisfied

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Tapatalk

Phoenixaph likes this.
  20. hyoton

hyoton Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Not sure
    Player Rank:
    Been doing FFRK and Star Trek Timelines (idk why though). And work. Thinking about getting back into Star Wars Armada, the miniatures game. Don't have much time for the card games I like...