It's been almost one month since GCC's colapse. The aftermath?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BeheMoth, Mar 25, 2016.

1. asolanou

asolanou New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Lolleta
    Player Rank:
    Well I´ve been playing Heaven Strike and it have been an entertaining game. Not in the same way GCC was but it have been keeping me busy from time to time.

2. Phoenixaph

Phoenixaph Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB Yoshitsugu
    Player Rank:
    Me right there.
    :eek:
    Back to watching anime! Haha~

3. nickjr

nickjr Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Coropatillon
    PAD FTW

4. Elevator

Elevator Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Fan-Fan
    Player Rank:
    Right now just mostly JPCC, will play Fate Grand/Order when there are events going on, and sometimes log in to Granblue to collect freebies.

5. BeheMoth

BeheMoth Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Alvert
    Player Rank:
    Lol I saw the star trek since it's launch, it looks so odd with a very "vintage" UI, but I love star trek.

What is it like?

6. Hitori

Hitori Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Velnar
    Player Rank:
    Me @ ppl still not over GCC

[​IMG]

7. nickjr

nickjr Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Coropatillon
    I've been busying myself with PAD but I'm still not over AGG and GCC -sobs-

Cary and Phoenixaph like this.
  8. Phoenixaph

Phoenixaph Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB Yoshitsugu
    Player Rank:
    agg *sobs*
    homestuck's ending soon for me as well. *sobs*
    gcc *sobs*
    tfm tribe disband *sobs*

*sobs*

lostpig and Cary like this.
  9. hyoton

hyoton Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Not sure
    Player Rank:
    Gacha system (it's NA but it's a gacha system), except you sometimes randomly get a chance to pick a 4*+ from a group of three selections. Very, very low % - I've gotten it twice, once on a premium pull. The premium currency is dilithium - premium currency is used for all the things you normally use it for (stamina, party size etc).

There's two main interactive things, away team missions (select 3 people, use their associated attributes and traits to overcome obstacles you encounter in a short visual novel style interface) and space missions (watch your ship beat the heck out of each other in a 1 on 1 match, use skills randomly). There's also shuttle missions, which take 3 hours to do - assign 2-4 crew to a shuttle mission, they have a % chance to succeed or fail at the end, giving you resources if they succeed or lowering the difficulty of the next mission if they fail.

You buy missions with a currency called merits. You get merits from doing daily quests, which are always the same finish X missions, equip an item, level a character etc.

Characters advance by gaining xp, doing missions or enhancers (they're called training programs or something but they're just enhancers). Each character has a level cap of 10 and 4 equipment slots. Equipment can't be removed but gives permanent bonuses when equipped. You get crafting mats and equipment from doing missions and shuttle missions, or buying them from faction stores. When all 4 equipment slots are filled on a character, you can raise their cap by 10 levels and the slots are emptied to let you equip new, harder to get items.

It's very grindy and there's not a lot of content, but I wanted to try and get in on a game right when it came out for once. Nowhere near as good as GCC but at least they've implemented some of the JP game ideas so it kind of feels familiar. I think their company had some issues so the release was too early and they are still catching up.

10. Nafe1998

Nafe1998 New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Hati MLB
    Player Rank:
    Well that just got me more interested in granblue fantasy:D:D:rofl:

11. Neko

Neko Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Rin Lee
    Player Rank:
    Heroes charge desu~ :oops:

12. Hing

Hing Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Lilith
    Player Rank:
    Since Jan, I have played Diablo 3, Anno 2070, Galactic Civilization 3, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth1 and 2 (currently playing). It's good to be away from long running time-sink games to start clearing my backlogs. Playing Hyperdimension Neptunia got me hooked and I bought the anime, which I just got in the mail a couple days ago. I haven't really watched anime for so long that now I'm feeling like a kid again. :rofl:

13. Jegan2020

Jegan2020 Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    unknown
    Player Rank:
    I also played Hyperdimension Nepunia, but I think Rei Ryghts should be playable.

14. Hing

Hing Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Lilith
    Player Rank:
    Ah. I still haven't got to Victory yet.

15. Kyrian

Kyrian Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Hatifas
    I took the 5 Summon Ticket severance package GUMI gave us and moved to Brave Frontier at the time of Mikael and Avani's release at January 20 or so. Give or take a few days. With a good gate to pull at, I managed to get a full squad of excellent units running and grinded like a maniac to level 214, which is the point where you can field a full 7* squad. From then on, I pretty much steamrolled through the game and cleared most content besides the hardest quests.

Also played POTK for a while but I can't muster the motivation to log on anymore now that the grind is so tedious and limit breaking is a pain in the ass. I'm bored. I'm sick of it. I'm tired of it. And the game has been in soft launch too long. So... basically now I play Brave Frontier mostly and Flutter: Butterfly Sanctuary. I've been doing very well in BF and Flutter but I miss you guys the most along with GCC. I am sad that I haven't been as active here as I've wanted to be since I can't move to JPCC or TWCC. (I only play English games, that's why.)

Other than that, I might still search for a third game to play since I don't log on Flutter much or go back to watching anime/reading manga.

Orenji and Cary like this.
  16. Drowsy Anon

Drowsy Anon Member

Party Leader:
    Yoshitsugu
    Player Rank:
    Gone back to consoles. Miss GCC. Still waiting on Ayakashi ghost guild 2. Waiting on Skullgirls for vita. Lots of vita releases this year so far. Overwatch comes out in may, so that's something to look forward to. Vainglory has been killing most of my time. It's a fun moba for mobiles. Been reading anf buying a bit more manga these days. New hollow field volume coming out (y). Glad to see people still come online on this forum.

17. hyoton

hyoton Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Not sure
    Player Rank:
    How's galciv 3? I got sidetracked by other games during the beta and release but loved the first two.

18. Golden_Sorcerer

Golden_Sorcerer Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB 80 Monette ('TILL THE BITTER END)
    Player Rank:
    As a fan of the original, I was ecstatic when I finally got around to downloading and playing Kai-ri-sei Million Arthur, in the days following GCC's untimely demise. It's helped me cope with the loss. Like I may have said before on another thread, it's basically like hanging out with an old friend you never thought you'd see again, after years and years apart. Still, I want to wait a couple more months, see if they bother releasing it globally. Either way, I'll definitely put a few dollars in, come June or so.

I've also binge-read/watched through the entirety of Assassination Classroom, since that manga recently ended, too. Definitely a worthwhile read, IMO. It's like GTO, if Onizuka-Sensei was a ludicrously-broken Eldritch (Kind of) Smiley-faced Octopus Man :D

Other than that, I've been playing Senran Kagura: Estival Versus. Gotta say, not exactly all that pleased with the gameplay changes -- it's definitely the slowest game in the series, and that's NOT a good thing -- but I've still had a lot of fun with it, when I've had the time to play it. I've also been enjoying hearing about Fate Grand Order these past few months. The America chapter just got released; check out the news on the FGO thread, if any of you are interested (y)

RocketBurrito and Cary like this.
  19. Plantify

Plantify Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Myself
    Player Rank:
    Well, I only play one mobile game now, which is Seven Knights, but I have mostly moved over to steam and PC gaming.

20. Hing

Hing Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Lilith
    Player Rank:
    It's pretty good. I think if you loved galciv2, you would love this one too. You can still design your own ships, both aesthetic and functional wise. And in the game I played, diplomatic victory was way too easy...

Phoenixaph likes this.