lostpig's final day manifesto

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lostpig, Feb 29, 2016.

1. lostpig

lostpig Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    1. My Regrets

I was sick this whole past week and that sent my entire “finish-my-game” plan down the toilet.
    I set out to collect the full stats info for all my units by leveling them one level at a time. I only did some of them..
    I set out to clear as much quests as possible. I failed.
    I set out to draw down all my in-game resources, prysma and everything else alike. I failed.

I set out to reach at least level 90 in TWCC Talibik raid. I am still at around level 27.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    Phoenixaph, Yura and Jegan2020 like this.
  2. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    2. Things I have turned my back on

gumi: Your management of GCC is the most stellar example of… incompetence. And I am not the only one saying it. Maybe not from the very start (but probably is anyway), but definitely to the very end. Bugs almost every event, some are just programmed wrong, yet you decided to rain feeble compensations and press ahead. Plus event quests supposed to “reward” us is with a 4*/5* characters, were all invariably extremely tough, grindy, and I get tired quickly. And what kind of benefits I got from YOUR global exclusives? Gauntlet? I only cleared the whole thing ONCE; Crafting? Only two Shades Bow out of it and NOTHING else of value; Colosseum v1? 2500 at most; Colosseum v2? 50%. And did I see any promotion of the game anywhere? NO.

You have NO idea how to QA your game. You CAN’T even port events straight from Japan supposedly not making any changes; You have NO idea of game balance and what constitutes proper reward for efforts by players; You “exclusives” for the most part DIDN’T benefit me at all.

Your other games isn’t that well off either from what I read, and I will NOT bother to try, because you have completely soured my image for you, lost me any confidence in you managing any games properly to have an enjoyable experience. Consider this absolute brand rejection, you have earned it. I will not see you again. May your stock price plunge to the rock bottom, may your brand disappear off Grand Gaia, that new world where famed blades become princes, or just off the surface of this world! I will NOT miss you one bit.

Kodachi and Zero, GCC wiki: Your avatars being some variations of Kagamine Rin and Ren sure is fitting, but means nothing to me. There is too much differences in our ideologies and methods in contributing data to the wiki. And since the Global closure and the focus change, you don’t want to include TWCC info, and STILL don’t want datamined data. I play only TWCC, so GCC wiki is a lot less useful to me now.

What really pissed me of is I simply CANNOT stand your OVERZEALOUS stance against datamining, to the point of removing content that even seemed like datamined. Hey, if the content is accurate, it helps other player prepare and plan; and if not, it will be fixed up in no time, being a wiki after all, even if you DIDN’T act. Your style didn’t help anyone. And most importantly, I CHALLENGE YOU to prove that EVERYTHING you added to the wiki was NOT datamined in any way. You must be true to your words to be a credible admin, and in my opinion you are not.

Ban me from GCC wiki if you want. I don’t care. I will not contribute anymore anyway.

Aewin, hzktqr, Lyrael and 12 others like this.
  3. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    3. GCC's legacy

Legacy GCC left us, and things in GCC you wish other versions have...

Lonely Enchantress Veronica
    [​IMG]
    "What does the scouter say about her power level?"
    "It's over 9000!"

(Seriously! Her ATK is 9150 at MLB.)

Although not much more than a 5* wizard version of Melvina in GCC itself, thanks to a TWCCxGCC collab raid, TWCC received an enhanced version, with increased stats over the original and an added map AoE to her special, makes her that much more powerful. And her being a demon raid reward also makes her more easily accessible - and MLBed - for even F2P players that have been around long enough and with enough perseverance. She is now a staple for harder TWCC contents and, for GCC players also playing there, your living memento of your times with GCC. Oh ho ho ho ho ho!

"Your face is all kinds of wrong!"
    Stella is not the only character where the (English translated) skill quote is completely different from the Japanese actually played in game, but this translation is so hilarious even the most picky of us are willing to turn a blind eye on.

ps. The Japanese skill speech reads to the effect of "Eww, not cute!"

English names for characters
    Let's be honest. Almost all characters have names in katakana that eventually pronounces as English (or some other foreign language) names, except for the Nine Territories folks, who are definitely Japanese. It is certainly nice to have those English names finalized, while it lasted.

Expanded screen
    [​IMG]
    Other versions of CC by default have a screen with a fixed aspect ratio of 16:9. With displays taller than that, the extra areas are permanently letterboxed. GCC has a tweak done where the game screen is expanded (cropped?) to fit the whole screen height, essentially giving you a larger screen to play with, if your screen is not exactly 16:9.

Auto Battle
    GCC has full auto battle for all your characters on the battlefield, ranged units included. KRCC's does not man your ranged units, and other versions have no auto battle at all. This would be extremely handy for grinding the most grindiest of quests, such as daily quests for rings.

We used to pride ourselves on having teams that can "auto 2x" hard quests. Now we need even stronger teams that can AFK hard quests.

Replaceable Title Screen
    [​IMG]

The title screen of CC can be quite boring, but GCC changed that with the ability to display a
    different title page based on current events. We are first greeted with a fresh title during the Elza raid
    and we were quite surprised.

Classic Ring Shop Catalog
    The weaker players certainly will appreciate being able to buy revival fruits with rings. Regular players
    will appreciate 10 rings for 2 stamina fruits. Ability to buy Arcana Coins completed the Ring Loop.

Graphic Weapon Type icons
    For Global it was a necessity, where nothing else will fit in the small space only one CJK character can; while the global interpretation may be a little off for the Japanese purists, I still like seeing pictures of weapons instead of a character. Maybe this should be made standard for all CC versions.

Structural Changes for I18N
    Sega may be marketing CC only in Japan, but in fact its players come from all over the world, same with any of the regional offshoots*. So why not just make the original multilingual like Global is? One CSV of all in-game messages, knowing to download alternate game interface assets when players change language, commissioning a full CJK version of the Skip font, all should be doable. PAD can serve Japanese and Hong Kong and Taiwan on the same server with different content (albeit with different clients), why can't Sega?

*ehm, mostly Taiwan, because Korea the language and China the controls...

Ring Loop
    Certainly not intentional, but for a period of time an absurdly high rate for 5* in Challenge Recruit allowed us to obtain very many rings, which we then use to buy more Arcana Coins to make more pulls in CR. Most of us were able to get significantly more rings than needed to buy all those ACs and were able to build a stash of rings. It was fun while it lasted.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    Golden_Sorcerer, nickjr and penguii like this.
  4. lostpig

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    4. lostpig's role in the afterlife
    (Reserved)

5. Makibao

Makibao Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Molva
    Player Rank:
    Funny, most of us on JPCC section yesterday just talked about how bad the current GCC wiki admins are. :rolleyes: Looks like their notorious reputation do precede them.

Phoenixaph and Martin541 like this.
  6. Cary

Cary Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Madea
    I cosign this thread.
    Fuck you for dashing my arcana dreams.
    Fuck you for not understanding your own game and killing the best mobage Ive played.
    And fuck you for lying to us the whole time telling us everything is fine right up until the roof caved in and the truth came out.

Aewin, hzktqr, Orenji and 9 others like this.
  7. dreadrabbit

dreadrabbit Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    LB3 Shuza/LB2 Trish for gold
    Player Rank:
    Well even if there was a shot at the game being saved, saying "thinks look bad" would immediately have handed the game its death. Even if it was back before Hati or earlier. The moment a publisher admits something's going south, the playerbase bails. So in that regard I can't blame Gumi for being silent.

That being said...yeah, agree on the rest of it for the time being. I'm sorry for a lot of the trouble you went through Pig, but I'm also grateful for all of the data you and others like @kellindil have supplied us regarding the various versions of CC. It's a time consuming thing but you guys did it willingly and it helped the rest of us.

So regardless, kudos to you (y) You and a lot of others helped make GCC wonderful and made the transition to other versions as smooth as it could be.

hzktqr, Phoenixaph, Geri and 3 others like this.
  8. Jegan2020

Jegan2020 Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    unknown
    Player Rank:
    I am sure Kodachi and Zero, GCC wiki did use datamined Arcana Image. Just look at some of their image that are without the digit for HP and Attack. They even declare they wiill not do other CC arcana stat like thoese from TWCC and KRCC. When an Arcana come to GCC is consider apart of GCC already, denying their place for GCC than why the hell you do Collaboration Arcana in JPCC for? I got something to say to you 2 "stupid asshole and rot in hell".

Cary, Martin541 and Makibao like this.
  9. Martin541

Martin541 Active Member

Party Leader:
    Lephret V2, Minoa
    Player Rank:
    I do have to admit, Gumi's been going downhill with their other games. All of their "good" games come from well-off companies that have had huge successes with their games in JP, like BF(dying in JP now tho) and PotK. I've been playing those for some time and they really are getting worse. Gumi inserts just as many exclusive features in BF, and honestly, a ton of them suck. A lot. It's biggest feature, Challenge Arena, is like Gauntlet, but it's endless and only ends when all your units that you own are dead. And you compete with every other player to get ludicrous rewards like 2 summons a day. And now, they release limited time units that are OP as hell with low rates without guaranteed 1 unit after 10 pulls, which they do for their other non-limited edition exclusives. Complete BS. I stopped playing when they released the second OP limited edition unit. PotK is like Fire Emblem, but a lot less fun and way too time consuming. Not to mention gacha which screws you. Gumi takes perfectly good games and ruins them. I've never seen any events messed up as badly as GCC's.

Cary likes this.
  10. Phoenixaph

Phoenixaph Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB Yoshitsugu
    Player Rank:
    only thing I have to say right now is

ii dedicated a lot of my time to this, and it's not fair to just throw it out. but that's how life is, im way more suspicious into investing at games now.

Cary likes this.
  11. RocketBurrito

RocketBurrito Burrito-Kun-Sempai Moderator

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selene MLB 80
    Player Rank:
    To be fair, BF and PotK are owned by subsidiaries of Gumi :oops:

12. nickjr

nickjr Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Coropatillon
    I loved AGG wikia. I stayed there to the very end for over a year and a half, and I still check it regularly (there's a dude posting AGG fanfics there).

I was going to do the same thing for GCC wikia. I left it not just because the community there was worse, but because I was in disbelief over how poorly it was managed. I tried to dismiss the numerous errors I found as just human oversights, like the inconsistency and failed math for the passive that Faceless and Inuchiyo share... but ugh. Seriously, there's a TWCC database with a ton of info and I know shit for Chinese and I can pull up so much info from the TWCC database.

I mean, for God's sake, Selene's skill multiplier was incorrect on GCC wikia for several months >.> Of all units, popular Selene! Seriously! And Clarice's skill multiplier, like wtf lmfao "6x Damage." and 6 arrows? First, 1) no indication if it's 6x per arrow or 6x total, and 2) neither interpretation makes sense for a 3-mana skill

I brought it up via comments but eventually changed it myself a couple of weeks later because I could not stand seeing the "6x Damage." under the skill info when Rasphia's raid was right around the corner

except now I can't find my original comment on Clarice's page and I swear I did make a comment on Clarice's page with a link to the TWCC database and now I cannot find any comment in my contributions with that link

Then Mei's skill was horribly incorrect and incomplete ("Heals by 14% of attack power five times." when it's actually "heals 11% of attack power every 4 seconds for 40 seconds" jesus christ) and idk where the hell they got that inaccurate, incomplete info from but someone on this forum didn't realize how much potential Mei had because the GCC wikia was wrong on her skill in August 2015

Isaiah's skill was wrong (I'm pretty sure it reduces all damage by 13% of the receiver's attack, but the wikia showed that it reduces all damage to 10%) and it wasn't fixed for like over a month after I brought it up in September unless I'm reading this incorrectly

and people made judgments on Isaiah based on the skill description in the wikia

like what the hell people are depending on the wikia to be accurate, so why not just get accurate info to start with instead of attempting to fill in everything based on observations

observations that are obviously made by humans

and are susceptible to human error

"we saw a screenshot of the damage reduction previously and used it as an assumption. Now that we have Isaiah we can test it."

What kind of behavior is that?! There is so much wrong with this I can't even

1) People shit on the US's public school system all the time, but at least we're taught from elementary school aaaall the way to high school (and probably college, too) that we can't just take stuff at face value! We need multiple trials in scientific experiments. We need multiple sources in our research papers.

2) Being unable to get confirmation yourself is no excuse for not getting confirmation elsewhere--and based on the word "assumption" it doesn't even look like there were attempts made to get confirmation elsewhere

3) At first I just gave this a handwave with the thought "it must've been real life" but this isn't helping the case at all: it took over a month to fix that thing

yes I'm a coward

is there a problem with that

Unrelated to the admins of GCC wikia, but man am I still angry about what happened in October 2015 on the wikia... basically this:
    OP: "Uh, guys, is it just me or are the new event quests giving 1xx character exp instead of 5xx?"
    dude 1: "IIRC it's 1xx character exp and 5xx rank exp"
    dude 2: "here's what I got from the quest [shows a picture of rank exp]"
    me: "? Can you screenie the numbers that pop up above your characters? You're showing us rank exp" [ultra polite like I try to be--I swear, I'm polite outside of this forum!]
    dude 2: "I don't think we are using character exp in our data here; we're only putting rank exp"
    dude 1: "someone asked and we're gonna stick with rank exp for now"
    dude 2: "yeah, it's probably gonna be more work to add character exp, and it's harder to catch anyway"
    me: "... okay, but the OP asked about the character exp and you showed a picture of rank exp"
    dude 2: "maybe, go get the screenies for the OP then"
    me: "okay I got screenies for all of the event quests while I was at it"

I mean I know I act like a know-it-all but that's no reason to ignore the poor OP

edit: did I mention that Nicky's skill was incorrect (reduces damage by 2.5% of receiver's attack, not by 25% of incoming attack; I fixed this in October 2015) and Yona's healing skill was also incorrect (35%, not 50%; a friend fixed this in November 2015 after asking me about it!)

hzktqr, Martin541, Cary and 5 others like this.
  13. dreadrabbit

dreadrabbit Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    LB3 Shuza/LB2 Trish for gold
    Player Rank:
    You are most certainly NOT a coward. The fact that you even questioned them shows that because it takes a lot of energy and confidence, even when dealing with a person behind an avatar on a computer screen.

There are just times where you pick and choose your battles, and choosing to not get into one doesn't mean you're a coward. It means you're exercising judgement. And in the case of the GCC wiki, judging from the sudden influx of rants from all these forum users, there's a lot of venting to be had because even if you do confront them, it's clear they won't hear any of it.

And when one person finally snaps and vents, others feel more comfortable doing the same. Like a domino effect.

So long as it doesn't devolve into harassing the people at the wiki (which I haven't really seen yet so kudos to all!), everyone here has the right to both vent and lament the direction it's going in. It really is a shame, because now is the opportunity to really make migration to other versions smooth and help a lot of fellow fans out, which was clearly their intention from the start. I don't know if this sudden "power" (if you really want to call it that) got to their heads or if it's more of a half-hearted effort than originally believed, but it's pretty clear the general fan base and the wiki just don't agree with each other anymore.

The only thing that can be done is either ignore them completely and use other sources, or if someone were to start a different wiki with correct information and translations. However the latter is only bound to start more drama which just isn't needed. The database apps and other projects I've seen floating around the forum should suffice more than enough. Or at least for me.

Wiki's can be absolutely wonderful resources, or horrific. If anyone wants to see an example of a good localization wiki, go look up Touken Ranbu or Kancolle wikia. It's a lot of extra work, but the original Japanese text and audio files are uploaded alongside translations so that anyone passing by can see what work was done and can guess why those editing those wikis chose the translations and stat modifiers they did. You have to absolutely love what you do to run a proper wikia...and I'm not sure the people at the GCC one really do.

14. RedRobBlaze

RedRobBlaze Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB Toka
    Player Rank:
    I remember them saying in a comment that they were focusing on making the wiki an english JPCC wiki, and since the TWCC and Korean arcana weren't part of it, they chose to focus on translating and updating the aracna in JPCC to the wiki.
    Here's the comment
    "Unfortunately, we have no plans of releasing the Korean Characters which have crossed over to Global as of this time due to the lack of demand and because we're currently focusing on updating everything to accommodate the Japanese version. [Zero]"

They also mentioned it in a thread
    http://chain-chronicle-global.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:30610

Phoenixaph and Cary like this.
  15. Sakura_Samurai

Sakura_Samurai Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Mami
    Player Rank:
    My conclusion.

Thank you to this forum. You all are a huge part of my life, and the reason why I played GCC. This community was god-like. The kindness, helpfulness, and plain wittiness of this community has been insane.

Gumi: Fuck you. This game had more potential then most role playing games, but you stuck it down a drain. I won't play BF you shit. I won't play any of your games. Fuck you and your bad managing, Sega should've chose a better company. If you just followed the same fucking route given to you instead of veering off to the side, everything would've been perfect. Up to the closing notice, you had horrible art exclusives, then you release the interesting ones. FUCK YOU GUMI!! I'm done ever being positive about you.

hzktqr likes this.
  16. Phoenixaph

Phoenixaph Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB Yoshitsugu
    Player Rank:
    oh no wonder i couldn't find Nicole, dammit. Selena was a part of GCC. And Elza. And all those exclusives.

And updating everything to accommodate JPCC? So, that pretty much blocks everyone who doesn't play JPCC. That's a lot of people.

I, for one, don't look under "Werner" for Velnar.
    Also, I've always how they get the skill multiplier unless they
    1. Observe it, which @nickjr stated, is susceptible to error, or
    2. datamine. you can't find info like this in the normal cc pages.

nickjr likes this.
  17. RedRobBlaze

RedRobBlaze Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB Toka
    Player Rank:
    They're still on there, just use the search bar.

I thought it was a smart move, as I figured most people would be going to JPCC, plus it could be possible for them to accommodate other versions in the future. JPCC is probably the most advanced version of the game, so they were probably busy updating all the stuff on it to the wiki.

Phoenixaph likes this.
  18. Kyrian

Kyrian Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Hatifas
    Oh dear, I had no idea that the GCC wiki managers were so terrible. Then again, I mostly used the wiki to check the character skills and bios so I didn't really care about the numbers. Seriously, I don't understand why the managers are so much against datamining. The goal of a wiki is to provide accurate information and datamining generally gives accurate information. If I was a wiki manager, I'd see data miners as valuable teammates rather than the scourge of the wiki. I wish I could datamine myself but I don't have the technical know how to do so. :oops:

That said, while my rage against GUMI has calmed down, I'd gladly trade in my BF and POTK accounts for GCC again. The one thing I grieve for just as much as the loss of the game is the community here. Never have I seen a community this welcoming and this awesome. (y)

For BF... well, they don't call it Salt Frontier for nothing. I'm actually kind of worried for BF since some people on the other forum are speculating that the power creep is getting dramatically worse to due to JP-BF not doing so well financially. I'm also worried about POTK since GUMI/FUJI have been stalling in soft launch for a long time now. The whole limit breaking aspect is rather tedious to say the least and really hurts gameplay since you have to max evolve EVERY SINGLE FODDER UNIT before using them for limit breaking. Urgghh. Yeah, I'm not liking GUMI, but I kind of feel cornered since I don't know what other English games with not-shitty RNG I can play.

//sigh. I want the good days back. Even if it's just complaining about how hard the raids are (like Hatifas). A freaking hard and exhausting raid is better than no game at all.

hzktqr, Tacit, Martin541 and 3 others like this.
  19. nickjr

nickjr Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Coropatillon
    @dreadrabbit I was referring to how I'm posting here instead of directly confronting Kodachi and Zero xD

@RedRobBlaze here's the problem: it doesn't look like Kodachi and Zero are leaving redirects when they're moving the pages (EDIT: scratch that, give it a few weeks and then we'll see their intentions about that)

I don't understand that because even regular users are given the option to leave redirects when moving pages; in fact, this should be the DEFAULT option, and as a regular user, I actually do not see an option to NOT leave a redirect, nor did I see an option to NOT leave a redirect when I was moving a few pages on the AGG wikia as a regular user

actually brb I'm gonna leave a comment about that right now

back and... it looks like they're being inconsistent

You cannot find Velnar under "Velnar" unless you go to a GCC event page that has his name on it; you have to search for Werner

but you can find Barienna just fine under her GCC name, although the name on her page has been changed to "Ballena" (... which I don't understand because I'm pretty sure that means "whale" in Spanish and Barienna's animal is a wolf)

Celeya, now "Cereza" (at least that makes sense since cereza = cherry in Spanish), is in Barienna's situation

edit: They moved "Lephret" to "Reflette" and left a redirect

edit2: found an explanation for the situation that Barienna/Celeya/Rin Lee/others are in: Kodachi and Zero only outright renamed the pages that had their JP card images already on the wikia, because they wanted to give time to GCC users to download the card images with English names before GCC closes. You could probably find the English images after they get updated since it's wikia, unless the image gets outright deleted. I have wikia on a self-imposed lockdown in my browser for the next 3 hours and I can't figure out how to get to the image history on mobile, so I can't confirm how they updated the images.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  20. Golden_Sorcerer

Golden_Sorcerer Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB 80 Monette ('TILL THE BITTER END)
    Player Rank:
    I don't mean to sound like a broken record or anything, but in case you haven't heard me mention it before, Road to Dragons has been pretty fair to me on that end. It's relatively easy to get rare units, level them, and evolve them, although my advice would be to always check which crane game(s) is on at the moment.