Party thoughts?

Discussion in 'Party Advice' started by cryomaster, Jan 16, 2016.

1. cryomaster

cryomaster New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB Tukiphat
    Player Rank:
    Hello! I've been thinking of a knight build for some time but my arcana list is a slew of things.
    Here's a list with important weapons enclosed:
    :warrior:
    Rinuya LB2, Hannya LB1, Charizard MLB, Hero V2
    :knight:
    Deed MLB, Lephret LB1 (Righteous Hammer), Parchelle LB0 (fresh pull), Rowendia MLB, Kain V2 (Volunteer Sword), Dannady LB0, Robby MLB
    :archer:
    Patricia V2, Michidia V2
    :wizard:
    Claudia LB0, Shakti LB0
    :cleric:
    Arietta LB2, Marina V2 (Volunteer Staff)

My current builds are:
    :warrior:Rinuya, Hannya, Claudia, Arietta sub Charizard, Marina
    :knight:Deed, Lephret, Parchelle, Arietta sub Kain, Marina

I'm wondering if a knight build without Arietta is advisable and any arcana I should aim for? Because I've been wondering if it's possible to have a sustainable tank/nuker party. Oh imagine people living in magical CC Christmas land where you have all the arcana you want.
    Any thoughts highly appreciated! (y)

2. Jun314

Jun314 Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Huh...
    Hiya!

I'd swap :cleric:Arietta out for :knight:Dannady if you're planning on going knight all the way, otherwise your DPS will likely be on the low side. :knight:Parchelle's wave heal + self-heal should be enough to cover for the lack of a dedicated healer for the most part, though you'll probably need :cleric:Arietta for the higher difficulty quests. Unfortunately V1 knights are weak and they kinda suck without support. :knight:Deed and :knight:Parchelle are exceptions, they're pretty good. Oh, :knight:Muchiko'sLephret's legs are pretty great, too.
    Honestly though, I wouldn't recommend going mono knight unless you're like, dead set on making a knight-only party.

Recommended/Desirable arcana (currently available)
    :knight::archer: with :knight:Morgan + :archer:Milla (Daybreak Isle) <- Meta
    :knight::warrior: with :knight:Orca + :warrior:Whatever (Seabreeze Port) <- a bit unconventional since there isn't much synergy between the two classes yet, but it still works nicely. Seriously, :knight:Orca hits like a truck.

I hope that helps a bit!

3. Phoenixaph

Phoenixaph Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB Yoshitsugu
    Player Rank:
    You've heard about that one chapter where Knights are pretty much the only thing that will get you to survival? Yup.
    Run Knights. Your Warriors/Mages/Archers are just not feasible enough.

There's a lot of controversy on this topic, but Arietta LB2= Marina V2. If you need a healer you're all set.

Rowendia does have a great kizuna ability which boosts a unit's special power, so the higher level cap will go into increasing the HP & ATT % of other units you equip her on at least.

MLB Deed should be okay for air-shielding, Dannady for Dash AOE, Parchelle for extra tanking, Lephret for things in general, like knockback.

You could have some fun trying to pull these awesome units:
    -Barienna: Barrier spam is fun, plus that extra two mana might save Dannady a life.
    -Morgan: Compatible with archer/gunner teams, she has a spammable attack that she jumps with!
    -Orca: Hits like a truck.

You might want to farm the Knight missions for Wayne. He's pretty key in v1 Meta knight teams. This will probably change, but if you pull Morgan, their buffs will stack!

If you want a little range, go for Claudia, and put her in the party.

Save your AC for Challenge Recruit's Knight Vespa, coming who-knows-when. And Ruuno. And the demon Photobilitus, the knight demon, coming in around 23 months.

4. cryomaster

cryomaster New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB Tukiphat
    Player Rank:
    Thanks for the suggestions! I knew about Morgan but my luck with archer/gunner arcana's are abysmal. And since both of you said it, I guess I should really go for Orca. She really does look like she hits like a truck.
    I'm going for Wayne in the missions, already undergoing the quest.

Also, I'm going to try to see about the No Healer party with Parchelle. I'll just see to maxing her out first.

Again, thanks for the valuable info!

Phoenixaph likes this.
  5. PuppetM

PuppetM Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Musica/MLB Liam/Ronda
    Player Rank:
    Arietta till kizuna comes out.
    Marina v2 lacks healing range, ao kizuna latty.
    Knights are a staple now.
    Be it :knight::warrior:, :knight::archer:, :knight::wizard:, Ass attacks from upcoming units are gonna kill. The Arcane Organisms can now puff and penetrate your units, inflicting blind, poison and slow, is an example. Only:knight: can guard it.(n)

Phoenixaph likes this.