Petition to sign to try and save global CC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yukitan, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Neko

Neko Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Rin Lee
    Player Rank:
    *used the bump treatment for the lolz*

2. ned

ned New Member

bump!

3. kanon02

kanon02 New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    morgan
    Player Rank:
    the end LOL

4. AdventisGod

AdventisGod Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Nimpha lvl 70
    Player Rank:
    Epic fails be epic

5. Plantify

Plantify Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Myself
    Player Rank:
    What a silly petition! :rolleyes:

6. PeachesAndCream83

PeachesAndCream83 Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Belvedo
    Player Rank:
    That's actually not a bad idea. Change.org has a Japanese version for the website. The petition could be recreated on that version of the website and include a link back to the original petition in the description. Doing so could double the exposure and collect new signatures, regardless of which version of the petition is being signed. Gachapon video games are getting hit with plenty of controversy as it is in the country. If you read this article, http://www.adweek.com/socialtimes/j...gacha-practice-illegal-in-social-games/525608 , you can see that SEGA has already been affected by it. Due to the fact that V3 will be coming out tomorrow, and that they're trying to make the turn the Film and TV series into a multi-media spectacle, the last thing that SEGA is going to want this holiday season is bad publicity. Especially if it turns into a legal headache with Japan’s Consumer Affairs Agency. The bottom line is this: $EGA is going to want to make the grumpy foreigners shut up to protect what's left of their reputation. So like you said, Seris. We have to find someone who can speak Japanese eloquently enough to convince "$EGA Senpai" to "notice us." Like, Julia Sugarbaker eloquent :rolleyes: .

7. Jpwong

Jpwong Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    See Signature
    I don't see why SEGA would care about grumpy foreigners in the first place. If you aren't in Japan with a Japanese phone, you aren't supposed to be able to play their game in the first place. I'm not convinced that any Japanese regulatory agency would care either. I don't think our foreign gameplay really affects their total balance sheet either.

aryaphot likes this.
  8. PeachesAndCream83

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Belvedo
    Player Rank:
    That's exactly my point. $EGA is greedy. $EGA is biased. $EGA is dishonest. $EGA does not care about foreign fans. $EGA has been doing surveys not because they want to hear from their fans. It appears that $EGA is doing the surveys because they want to make themselves look good. Additionally, $EGA is more prioritized with their phone games than they are with their console games. The majority of the English survey's questions were about their phone games, after all. Yet $EGA let Gumi get away with using their game to swindle foreign fans out of their money in order to fund new games. Would the company's fans/customers wish to download/buy any of $EGA's newer games if they heard about $EGA's hypocrisy? Probably not.

9. Jpwong

Jpwong Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    See Signature
    It's not like they have a whole host of other games available globally. As far as I know they have War Pirates. Everything else is managed by the Sega North America branch directly (and I think it's mostly sonic games) so it's not as though people even have the option of getting any of their newer games. And of course their survey is probably going to contain a large mobile portion of questions, especially if they're attempting to ascertain the viability of any of their franchises as a global release. While they obviously want the developer to take most of the risks regarding any global games, so they need to have statistics to show people are interested in playing those games when they try to sell them to developers like GUMI.

10. PeachesAndCream83

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Belvedo
    Player Rank:
    You present a lot of good points, I will give you that. But keep in mind that none of them have really taken off, including the Sonic games. In contrast, even when Gumi announced CCG's cancelation, they said that it was not due to a lack-of-interest. Over 2,000 foreign people coming back to the petition to say that it was a cool game, even though it was been produced by an incompetent company, is not a factor that should be neglected. A lot more people are coming back to this page, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sg.gumi.chainchronicleglobal , to either ask what happened to the game or to mention how much they enjoyed playing it in their reviews. It would be in $EGA's best interest to look at the petition and use it as a statistical aid going forward. However, they're not going to do so unless a method is devised to get their attention.

11. Jpwong

Jpwong Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    See Signature
    I have to be blunt in saying that if someone's just coming back and wondering why they can't log into the game 9 months after the game shut down and 11 months after the shutdown announcement, they clearly aren't the type of player that's likely to be helping fund the game. The problem is twofold, we have no idea how many people who've signed that petition represent the typical 1% of the game's population that pour in the actual funds that keep it going and we don't know exactly how much Sega was asking GUMI for the license renewal. It was obviously on the higher end of things, but given that they were clearly developing PotK during the period when a renewal discussion would have happened as well likely in talks to acquire the license for the global Brave Exvius they could have decided that having game that was quite possibly only netting a small profit wasn't worth the investment.
    The third facet in all this is that even if you could grab Sega's attention on this issue, there'd be almost no point in relaunching the game unless GUMI did it and they kept a database backup of the server say when the announced the shutdown and stopped prisma sales and kept going from where they left off. It's suffice to say that while a sizable portion of players may be willing to start over, there's likely a huge portion of the whale players who wouldn't want to bother starting over from scratch and the game simply won't survive long term if the paying players are unwilling to pay in due to having lost that sizable chunk of their investment on a relaunch.

nickjr likes this.
  12. PeachesAndCream83

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Belvedo
    Player Rank:
    Who said anything about giving Gumi a second chance? That ship has sailed. $EGA could just buy the account data back from Gumi if they haven't deleted everything. Then $EGA would be able to re-launch the game under their own label by offering two versions of the game. The first version would be the run-of-the-mill free-to-play package that we're all familiar with, which won't have any strings attached. The second version could be a model that's similar to the old Final Fantasy games that Square Enix has been re-releasing to the Google Playstore - a special edition port $EGA could market for about $14 bucks that would include the lost account data as a bonus for returning players. The port, plus the IAPs, would enable $EGA to turn a greater profit than Gumi was able to do in the past. Unless they do something like that, then I would have to agree with you in that it won't be possible to resurrect CCG.

13. Jpwong

Jpwong Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    See Signature
    I seriously doubt Sega would bother to buy the data from GUMI since it's basically turning the tables. GUMI would then be able to hold high data port costs to Sega the way Sega held high licensing costs to them. Both sides would know that at this point a CC global relaunch would basically be a bust without that data. That's also if we ignore the fact that essentially Sega has refused to take any sort of ownership of any global mobage and have been licensing them out to whatever company is willing to pay their licensing costs (and basically eat the cost if it fails). Plus it would make no sense to offer two versions of the same game, all that does is split the playerbase and erode profits by doubling the maintenance costs. The best you could hope for is that they would try to incorporate the player data into the existing JPCC game, but that's also unlikely as hell since they'd only be able to provide accounts back to players who bound via facebook and that would necessitate implementing the FB APIs into their game.

At this point we're more likely to see them go global with something like World Chain which is basically a CC clone they made than it is for them to try and relaunch CC. Even assuming the anime does amazing worldwide, Sega is likely only willing to license the game out to another company (there's no risk in it even if the possible profit margins are lower) and then we're back to the original problem. Either GUMI does it and anyone who hasn't deleted the game or did FB binding can pick up where they left off, or another company does it and everyone needs to start from scratch.

14. PeachesAndCream83

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Belvedo
    Player Rank:
    Oops. Guess I forgot to mention the idea that the port could be reformatted to allow for traditional internal data storage (with old school save buttons, offline mode, and other such goodies) so that $EGA wouldn't have to accumulate additional maintenance costs and the players would have something more tangible to buy than a bunch of rocks and fruit. But then again, what do I know? I'm just a geek.

15. Jpwong

Jpwong Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    See Signature
    I dunno, that sounds like Chain Chronicle Vita that they sell in Japan which I can't say sounds like it was a roaring success. You'd basically be buying a gimped version of the game that won't have collabs, weekly events like raids or tower and is essentially ignored once released.

16. PeachesAndCream83

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Belvedo
    Player Rank:
    I actually was making the suggestion with Chain Chronicle Vita in mind. I didn't say so at first because I know that a lot more people can get to the game through their phones than they could with the Vita. The good thing about the port, in my opinion, would be that it could be a new release which $EGA could develop it with the knowledge they gained from their short-comings.

For example, I think that the newer Pokémon games that started with X and Y have a really good balance between online/offline play. People can go online to fight, trade, and partake in special events, and then they can log out so that they can continue to enjoy themselves even when they can't find a good internet connection. From what I understand, not being able to play offline is one of the more prominent complaints for Chain Chronicle Vita anyway. So if $EGA were to incorporate that type of system into the android port, I think that it might make for a more satisfying product for the hard-core players.

17. Hitori

Hitori Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Velnar
    Player Rank:
    What we really need is to hope that World Chain gets a good global version that isn't run by noobs trying to force their "vision" onto the game. I think that game has the potential to be better than CC but I also think it could be an oppertunity to fix the mistakes of GCC and bring light the fact that gasp $ega makes more than just Sonic games!!!

18. PeachesAndCream83

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Belvedo
    Player Rank:
    No offense, but that sounds like a little backwards o_O . Releasing an entirely different game would not fix an older game's problems. The problems would just pile up on each other. If it was released right now, I believe World Chain would only be putting itself at risk for failure because of $EGA's weak marketing strategies. It's not that I do not believe that World Chain cannot be successful if it was released to the global market. I just think that World Chain would be more likely to succeed if optimal conditions were established beforehand. Plus, many people were upset with $EGA long before CCG's cancelation because they want to play the non-Sonic games that they know is in existence. Of those games, the one that is being asked for the most is something called "Phantasy Star Online 2." $EGA announced that they were globally release it in 2012, but they haven't done anything since they made that announcement. What hope is there for World Chain to find a good distributor when $EGA can't even remember to release the non-Sonic games that people have been waiting for years to play?

19. Jpwong

Jpwong Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    See Signature
    World Chain could succeed even if someone like GUMI picked it up provided that half it's marketing strategy didn't rely on anime collabs like CC does. Unless the global license includes the use of those collabs, trying to launch something where one of your content and big advertising points is unavailable strait out the door is a massive setback. This is why something like Brave Exvius is more likely to succeed, their events are all in franchise, and even when they did the BF collab, GUMI has both those games on the global end (Just as Alim has both games on the Japanese side), so it's not going to be an issue.

It's unlikely another developer would pick up CC, after all it's a product that's failed once, and Sega appears to want substantial amounts to just license the thing, and even if Sega were to publish it themselves, they would likely have all the same issues GUMI would have had, ie they can't run any of the collabs unless they go negotiate the rights with the global license holders unless it's an unlicensed series. CC is strait up not a game designed to run as a global game. It could be made to work as a "one country/region" game since you'd only have to license your collab material from one or two companies rarther than everyone who has a hand in the pot worldwide. So while it might be possible to launch a successful Chain Chronicle North America edition, I don't think anyone would be willing to try fronting a global launch again.

20. Hitori

Hitori Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Velnar
    Player Rank:
    The thing is, it's already sort of impossible to bring back GCC and World Chain is basically very similar to CC but also quite different. Maybe most people will be in denial but I see WC as a Chain Chronicle 2.0 of sorts. It's also more f2p in many ways which is something the global audience cares more about and will attract more players. Even if Gumi does get their hands on WC it could be like a "do over", where they can correct their previous mistakes on a different but also similar game.