Story of chain chronicle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darkdarkai, Dec 30, 2016.

1. darkdarkai

darkdarkai New Member

Party Leader:
    None for now
    Hello guys being new to chain chronicle with the new movie and just learning that english servers where shut down I m here to ask if there's a way to play the Japanese game in english maybe or at least to have the main story translated because I didn't understood all of the movieis due to the fact I didn't played the game and I really want to learn more about chain chronicles

2. Cary

Cary Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Madea
    Unfortunately no. @Candentia archived many, if not all, of the character stories on her YouTube though before the servers closed. Im not sure if anyone actually translated the entire main story though but maybe she can provide more info.

Your best bet if you have any questions is to ask in the monthly thread . Theye a bunch of sadistic sluts but Im sure they will answer general story related questions.

3. Candentia

Candentia Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    MLB Linia V3 w/ rainbow
    Allegedly someone else did record the entire main story from before GCC closed...but they never released the entire thing onto their channel. It's there up to chapter 8 and you may have to contact u/Lagonic on reddit or on their YouTube channel for them to get the entire thing up on there, though the channel has been inactive for 9 months. I think your next best bets are the text-only drama app or asking @Jpwong if they did anything about that. I think @lostpig was doing something about that too? Though it was a larger project that I doubt is still being worked on.

In addition only Book 1 was fully translated, though as far as the movie goes that's the only part you need to know about.

4. darkdarkai

darkdarkai New Member

Party Leader:
    None for now
    Thanks everyone I 'll watch the threads you give me and hope I can learn the full story

5. darkdarkai

darkdarkai New Member

Party Leader:
    None for now
    I 've just watch the text only drama app and I think it's good because with that I could play the Japanese game with the story translated which is the best I think I 'll be able to have I just need to ask them if they have planned to end the story translation now

6. darkdarkai

darkdarkai New Member

Party Leader:
    None for now
    So as a last answer to myself do you guys have a place where I can have a translation of menus, characters and things like that if not I 'll keep going as I do which I think isn't that bad because I m able to play some Japanese games even if I don't get the dialogues

7. darkdarkai

darkdarkai New Member

Party Leader:
    None for now
    ok thanks

8. Aewin

Aewin Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB Eirnilus
    There's a TON of quest dialogue scraped from GCC before it closed and hosted here. It's obviously only going to cover Book 1 and the first few chapters from Book 2, but it's probably all you'll need to know given what I saw of the anime. The site may appear to be down at first - it does that intermittently, but if I have an issue with it refreshing the page almost always fixes it.

There are also character and event quests in there, as well as dialogue for a few things that were translated but never released before GCC closed. (This includes some story and character quests from the beast tribes.)

9. Jpwong

Jpwong Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    See Signature
    I actually have the same problem, I have hundreds of hours of video of most of the character stories, the chain stories and the special episodes (and I need to find some time to go record the main story) and I just don't have the time to edit the footage. Would have been a lot easier if GCC had that auto dialogue thing that JPCC has since you could just start up the story, hit auto and record without having to keep pressing the screen.

10. lostpig

lostpig Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    nickjr, Seu Don and visaff like this.
  11. PuppetM

PuppetM Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Musica/MLB Liam/Ronda
    Player Rank:
    Oh man, its been a year since I quit

Dam Gumi, closing down GCC

12. Jpwong

Jpwong Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    See Signature
    Awesome, you as long as the stories don't use any new commands that the GCC app didn't support, you could always recreate the dramas in the app manually I suppose. The biggest problem is probably to get the app to download and validate the necessary asset files for the unit images (and backgrounds and music) we didn't have access to.

I did this with just what I had on hand last year.

Seu Don likes this.