"Thank you for playing Chain Chronicle" - gumi final message.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Makibao, May 11, 2016.

1. Makibao

Makibao Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Molva
    Player Rank:
    Martin541 and Phoenixaph like this.
  2. Renar

Renar Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    January monthly thread is for me
    Player Rank:
    *sigh*

3. RocketBurrito

RocketBurrito Burrito-Kun-Sempai Moderator

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selene MLB 80
    Player Rank:
  4. lostpig

lostpig Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    Only because I'm 100% F2P.

Martin541 and Phoenixaph like this.
  5. Thewimo

Thewimo Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Lindsey (GCC)
    Player Rank:
    100% F2P nothing to say here. Was a good time...with the community that is. If the community wouldnt be there at that time...

6. Jpwong

Jpwong Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    See Signature
    Waiting to see if they close down their FB page. Anyway, it will be interesting to see what happens if the anime becomes a big hit considering that crunchyroll will likely pick it up for simulstream to the west.

7. Cary

Cary Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Madea
    Thing arent looking so good for Phantom of the Kill. Its been in softlaunch for what? 7 months now? GG Gumi

Martin541 likes this.
  8. Jpwong

Jpwong Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    See Signature
    Someone posted this in the facebook group a few weeks ago, frankly GUMI doesn't seem to be doing so hot
    http://mmoculture.com/2016/04/gumi-brave-frontier-publisher-withdraws-from-3-countries-and-more/
    Maybe it's just a case of shutting down some unsuccessful venture expansions, but seems like a lot of their stuff isn't going so great, and it's not like they have a large cluster of core games they can fall back on for revenue.

:rolleyes: Maybe they can renegotiate a cheaper chain chronicle license from Sega for Chain Chronicle North America - English only edition and restart that if most of the game's revenue came from there. Maybe they can get it much cheaper than a global license. They sure made it seem like the game wasn't exactly doing super bad and maybe a cheaper license would let them make some money off it. After all we all know everyone else would just side load it like they do for JPCC :ninja:

Cary likes this.
  9. CodeB

CodeB Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Belle
    But seriously, after this shitstorm, who's gonna be masochistic enough to play yet another version of CC published by Gumi?

Rahari, Renar, Jegan2020 and 3 others like this.
  10. Phoenixaph

Phoenixaph Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB Yoshitsugu
    Player Rank:
    100% f2p as well!

11. Phoenixaph

Phoenixaph Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB Yoshitsugu
    Player Rank:
    yeah, loving all your characters again, then bye!

aint falling for that

Jegan2020 likes this.
  12. Jpwong

Jpwong Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    See Signature
    If they restored the game data to a backup on the day they announced the shutdown why not (or heck, even if they started the game off with what JPCC has now with all the new player bonuses)? If the problem really was (due to them not really pushing game advertising) that the playerbase was simply too small to support the game long term, that means there's potentially a large playerbase that could still be tapped. I suppose the other way to look at it is simply that CC isn't a game that resonates with western audiences and would have failed no matter who published it.
    People might be upset that they closed the game, but that's a financial issue, not GUMI holding some grudge against the players, and their shutdown to be quite frank was a lot nicer to the playerbase than a whole shitload of mobile games I've tried. Most games would either just vanish overnight (try to log in and the servers are gone and all traces of the game are wiped from the publisher's site), or the game simply sits there with no events until everyone quits from lack of updates, but doesn't officially say it's shut down and doesn't turn off the IAP.

nickjr and Phoenixaph like this.
  13. Artemis

Artemis Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Paloma/Mustapha
    Player Rank:
    Play Granblue instead hazaa!

Apollo's Brother likes this.
  14. Martin541

Martin541 Active Member

Party Leader:
    Lephret V2, Minoa
    Player Rank:
    What does resonate with western audiences?:rolleyes: I take a look around me and everyone is just drooling over everything that is made by SuperCell or just playing their crossy roads. Western Audiences have no taste in mobile games.

Renar and Jegan2020 like this.
  15. Artemis

Artemis Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Paloma/Mustapha
    Player Rank:
    Most sales in the west are probably all those micro transaction crap bags like candy crush (insert food product), all those games from king, arcade junk.

16. Hitori

Hitori Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Velnar
    Player Rank:
    Most sales in the west are AAA FPS games, mobile games here seem to have a poor reputation cuz anyone who plays it is a "filthy causal"

The only reason why mobages in japan are doing so well is cuz all the adults there are always busy so they don't have the time to get out their XBone, PS4 or Nintendo Wii and play a game for 5+ hours. With mobile games, you only have to commit to it for like 10-20 minutes and then wait another 3 or so hours before you can play again.

Jegan2020 likes this.
  17. nickjr

nickjr Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Coropatillon
    I feel like art style is a big factor as well. As popular as anime is in the west, it's still not the norm and it's still this foreign, Japanese thing, viewed like people view drawings from ancient Egypt and ancient China and ancient Japan but with a bit more interest since it's modern and it's animated and it has some different kind of cute charm. Plus there are a ton of different anime art styles and I feel like a lot of the big hits in the west have art styles that are closer to those of western cartoons than to CC's art, although that's slowly changing (e.g. SAO).

Me

RocketBurrito and Cary like this.
  18. Jpwong

Jpwong Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    See Signature
    Lookie Lookie, a new game being developed by GUMI (and Square Enix)
    https://www.finalfantasyexvius.com/register/

As far as I can tell GUMI only shows up at the very bottom of the page where it says

Cary likes this.
  19. Hitori

Hitori Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Velnar
    Player Rank:
    Gumi needs to learn from their mistakes and stop taking on so much work at once

What's the definition of insanity again?

Cary likes this.
  20. Martin541

Martin541 Active Member

Party Leader:
    Lephret V2, Minoa
    Player Rank:
    Definition of insanity
    ~ (n.) Gumi
    ~ (n.) Gimu
    ~(n.) Gumi Inc.
    Synonyms: Trash, :poo:, Hitler, Satan

For real though, Gumi is making sooooo many mistakes. They had to divert resources from PotK and CC just to bring their dying golden goose back up, and now they're thinking of making a bad clone of their dying golden goose when it's other game is dying? Who would be stupid enough to play it? It's basically BF, but with FF characters. How many more good games will Gumi destroy? I guess PotK is done for if Gumi is already thinking of taking on another game while its floundering as badly as Sega's WP.