"Thank you for playing Chain Chronicle" - gumi final message.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Makibao, May 11, 2016.

1. Cary

Cary Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Madea
    Me :oops:

Still fuck Gumi. Theyre like the deadbeat dads that take off when things get tough. I got ick to my stomach when I saw their name in the log in splash. Im only playing it bc I know itll be around for a long time given FF popularity.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
    CodeB likes this.
  2. Thewimo

Thewimo Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Lindsey (GCC)
    Player Rank:
    And i can't fucking play it cos there is a black screen every single time i wanna try the tutorial. No solution found yet. But yeah...

3. Cary

Cary Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Madea
    From what I read thats mainly a problem for ppl on rooted devices

4. Thewimo

Thewimo Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Lindsey (GCC)
    Player Rank:
    I know..And there is no way to solve it right now :( except unrooting.

5. Martin541

Martin541 Active Member

Party Leader:
    Lephret V2, Minoa
    Player Rank:
    Cary masochist confirmed?:rolleyes: Chance of Exvius being successful is very low. From what I remember when I was on the BF forum, it's pretty much BF, but with FF characters:rolleyes:. BF is pretty much destined to die at this point, and who would want to play a BF- type game? I think most FF fans would just stick to FFRK.

Seriously, how many Gumi games are successful?
    1, which is already starting to die thanks to its JP zombie powercreeping with no hard content.
    How many really successful games were handed to them on a silver platter that they could have just copied the events and stuff exactly?
    More than they deserved. They already killed off CC and PotK. PotK was a pretty good idea, Gumi just butchered it(n). RIP waifu Laevateinn.
    Gumi just got lucky with BF anyways:ninja:. They won't be so lucky with that formula this time.

Cary likes this.
  6. Hitori

Hitori Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Velnar
    Player Rank:
    FFBE is actually pretty different from BF. The most noticeable is the fact that characters can have a lot of skills. Some have like 8. And unlike BF and FFRK, you can walk around towns and there's even dungeons with random encounters. I gotta commend the team for putting in the effort to give off that 1980s nostalgia RPG feel. It's more like a generic Final Fantasy game with BF gameplay. That's not to say it's good, I still prefer FFRK since you can get every character(eventually) and it's not that difficult. In fact, I would rather play a Final Fantasy game, like FFVI.

Jegan2020 and Cary like this.
  7. Jpwong

Jpwong Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    See Signature
    I dunno, sounds like a lot of BF's issues have more to do with decisions the Japanese developer made than with anything GUMI's really been doing to the game from what I see some people discussing. GUMI's not necessarily a bad company, they just have too many problems with over-expansions. That being said, I saw someone predicting that English BF might tank in about 2 years once all the power creep from the JP version of the game fully integrates with the English version. If they at least realize they're sitting on a time bomb, this is a good chance for them to take a formula they know is reasonably successful and apply it to another successful IP and hope they can turn it into a winning combo.

8. CodeB

CodeB Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Belle
    It's not entirely JP developer's fault tbh, Gumi is a very very incompetent company. I'm not saying they are outright bad to its players, but mostly they just have so many issues running the game smoothly. I mean before I left Global BF, there was not a single maintenance that ended on time, and bugs and connection errors were just EVERYWHERE. Release date of the JP imported contents was all messed up. They just kept pushing the new units without releasing timeline appropriate contents accordingly. I don't understand why it's so hard when they can just copy paste the JP schedule for JP contents.

Plus they just NEVER keep their promises. The 6 star evolutions of Battle Maidens came out very recently, but were supposed to be released 9 months ago like they said in the news.

Cary likes this.
  9. Kyrian

Kyrian Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Hatifas
    I was FTP so the refund thing doesn't apply to me. :p

My god, I miss you guys. I miss this community. I hope that GCC will come back with all of our data intact but I doubt that'll happen. :( Maintenances in BF are finishing on time or early more often and they're pushing out more content now. What ticks me off is the limited edition units with crap rates, apparently GUMI's way of making some more money. Thankfully I had enough pulls stored to get what I wanted, but other people were not so lucky.

Even though I've moved to BF, I still miss GCC and this community so much. Kinda hurts not having any game to play with you guys since I gave up on POTK (too long in soft launch to the point where I lost interest) and Seven Knights (very grindtastic, even more so than BF). Seeing GUMI's name on FFBE gives me some pause on starting the game. As much as I want to give the game a chance despite my unfamiliarity with the Final Fantasy series, it really irks me that I can't freaking start the game. Yes, I have Google Play. Yes my device is unrooted. Now please, let me play dammit!! :mad:

Cary likes this.
  10. Jegan2020

Jegan2020 Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    unknown
    Player Rank:
    FF and Gummy doen't work, Gummy is the destroyer of GAMES.
    Well just look at FF now they used to be great(FF 1 to FF 12). Now for me its getting worst with each installment after FF 12.

Cary likes this.
  11. Cary

Cary Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Madea
    I agree. They have been milking that Falublis Crystalis wtf ever universe from XIII for way too fucking long. From what I understand even XV takes place in that universe?!

Back in my day, every FF was in its own self contained world. Thats what made the games so fresh and unique. Stop being such lazy cocksuckers Squeenix. :mad:

But good to see you guys again Jegan - Kyrian (y)

Jegan2020 likes this.
  12. Hing

Hing Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Lilith
    Player Rank:
    Speaking of FF, the last FF I enjoyed was FF10 (and 10-2 even though some people didn't like it). I could barely finish FF12. The first installment of FF13 was ok. I didn't like FF13-2. FF13-3 was better than 13-2, but it was still pretty average to me. I have had more fun playing some other low budget games.

On topic, I might consider playing GCC again if they restarted the game with player's data intact. However, I highly doubt I would play if I had to start from scratch again. It's enough for me to look at my Lilith avatar once awhile when I visit the forums.

Jegan2020 likes this.
  13. Jpwong

Jpwong Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    See Signature
    Obviously that would be the most optimal option for us if they did re-engage the game at some point (RIP anyone who didn't connect to FB or uninstalled the client if they didn't though), but even if they wiped all the player data, I would consider it if they launched with substantial bonuses for anyone who started right away again and/or could provide transaction IDs for their prior prisma purchases. I'd rather they restored at the point when they announced the closure though as opposed to the last day of operation. I'm sure most of us started bumb rushing whatever resources (that wouldn't affect refunds) we had on tavern pulls so I'd rather have my account when it was more resource rich than when it had all those URs from the last few weeks.

Given that storage space is reasonably cheap, if they did have the option somewhere with Sega to retry a relaunch in the future, hopefully they were forward thinking enough to backup the database for the game and store it somewhere.

14. Jegan2020

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    unknown
    Player Rank:
    If they started near the last day of GCC I have about 2000 prysma left from abusing the friend referal.

15. Sokor

Sokor Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Molva MLB
    Player Rank:
    Guys, do you really think gumi is still holding on your data, and they "may" relaunch CC?, letting you start with your old account?, after all the refunds??? :rolleyes:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited: May 21, 2016
    Jegan2020 likes this.
  16. Jpwong

Jpwong Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    See Signature
    I seriously doubt they'll relaunch, but if they do have some sort of provision with sega to try, it's something they could possibly do. Lets face it, even with the refunds, the amount of money the whales (ie, the people who are going to be supporting the game financially) sunk into the game would strait up point to them not coming back if the game re-launched clean slate. Unless they seriously think they can pull in better whales to replace essentially their entire income base they would need some sort of serious driving incentive to bring people who sunk a lot of cash into the game previously back. The easiest way to do that is to just let people have their accounts back. Even if they say wiped all the prisma an only let people keep their levels, arcana and cards space they'd probably still be better off than trying to relaunch from scratch with all the stigma that's going to be attached to the game.

But then again I place that chance lower than SEGA paying an outside firm to just add english translations to the existing JP version of the game if the anime becomes wildly successful outside of Japan.

17. Jegan2020

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    unknown
    Player Rank:
    By the way did the anime got canned? Didn't find it on any upcoming anime site.

18. Hitori

Hitori Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Velnar
    Player Rank:
    The best thing to do is build a time machine, go back in time to tell Gumi to pull their shit together and get better advertising, return to present time and check the app store, re-install the game and play it.

19. Jpwong

Jpwong Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    See Signature
    That's cause they haven't actually listed a start date for it yet. A lot of places list shows by season, so if they have no idea where to fit it, they wait until a more solid date is given. The official web site hasn't updated ever and still just lists 2016 with a link to the promo trailer http://chronicle-anime.sega-net.com/

20. Godwyn

Godwyn Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Lolleta
    If I could get CC in English again, I probably would play it. I still haven't found another mobile game that resonated with me the same way CC did.

Karyushin likes this.