The difference between mages and archers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nutteralex, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Nutteralex

Nutteralex Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Parchelle
    Player Rank:
    So I'm going to make a make shift range team after not being able to do ambush 3 because of my low level warriors and knights not being able to handle it.

But I don't know the true difference between archers and mages in terms of uniqueness. For example, how warriors have a higher crit rate and knights can take hits easier.

Anyone can help me out on this?

2. kazerola

kazerola Member

Party Leader:
    Muse
    they are basically the same only different skills in v2 there are gunners and snipers too those are a bit different in the way of atking

3. Tonicquill

Tonicquill Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Febrya (50), Nimpha (60)
    Player Rank:
    Some mages excel in melee, like runefencers Katya, Yuni, Rebecca, Febrya, etc. some even do more damage with melee than ranged, like karen and Schule. Mages can also heal like yona and Elemia, and we got mages with shielding abilities, similar to Barienna like Isaiah and Nelva. Other than that they're pretty much the same, with AOE and ranged specials. Archers tend to debuff more as well.

4. kazerola

kazerola Member

Party Leader:
    Muse
    i think there is a melee archer too but not yet on global

5. Makibao

Makibao Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Molva
    Player Rank:
    Mages = aoe nuker

Archer = stats buffer

6. Hirumi Arika

Hirumi Arika New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Roy
    Player Rank:
    I think Mage attack faster than Archer but at the same attack power Archer attack more than Mage.

7. JackOLantern

JackOLantern Poi Member Moderator

Party Leader:
    Kirara
    Mages and Archers have the same base attack speed (2 seconds per attack). Archers tend to focus more on status effects or buffs. Their offensive skills are usually either random AoE or single-target.

Mages have more variety in their abilities/skillsets; they tend to have various AoE nukes (lane, column, or map) and more melee capabilities (runefencers).

Later on in v2, they introduced gunners, who shoot in 3-4 shot bursts with a longer delay period between bursts. These fall under the archer class.

8. banadjie

banadjie Active Member

Party Leader:
    Musica
    Player Rank:
  9. CooLMooCoW

CooLMooCoW Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Farlin
    Player Rank:
    Besides being the best AOE nukers, mages in general have the most versatility out of the the classes presently available (melee combat, healing, team buffing, elemental damage, inflicting status ailments, etc.) & is the easiest to make a completely pure mono team with them.

And because of their variety, they are far better suited in challenging the mages/archers' inherent weakness - which are enemy knight shield mobs - while the archer class in V1 still takes on more of a support role and is meant to be included more in a mixed team.