UPDATE: Is the Global Version coming back?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Miguy, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Miguy

Miguy New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Selene (75)
    Player Rank:
    They posted this picture on Facebook about an hour ago. Could it be that this company is considering bringing the game back?? Let's give it some love on their Facebook page and see what comes out of it!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Cross your fingers, captains!! ;)

EDITS: uploading the actual picture

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    aclann, yoonautic, chindo28 and 4 others like this.
  2. Nafe1998

Nafe1998 New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Hati MLB
    Player Rank:
    I almost cried when I saw that on my Facebook feed.

3. CC_Levin

CC_Levin Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Laia/Orca/Selena
    Player Rank:
    Well I hope for good news :eek:

PeachesAndCream83 likes this.
  4. PeachesAndCream83

PeachesAndCream83 Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Belvedo
    Player Rank:
    Man, I would be over the moon with happiness if this was true! :eek:

5. Jpwong

Jpwong Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    See Signature
    I would ONLY be over the moon if they brought the game back with the GCC account data (where possible) as of the date they announced the game was closing. I'm not sure I'd be willing to restart from the beginning of the game a 4th time at this point. I'd be certainly far less inclined to IAP on it this time around if it was a total wipe.

PeachesAndCream83 likes this.
  6. PeachesAndCream83

PeachesAndCream83 Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Belvedo
    Player Rank:
    Agreed. But, for now at least, I can take comfort in the fact that $EGA is starting to respond to us on a personal level.

7. Yura

Yura Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    LB2 V3 Nimpha
    Player Rank:
    I just saw it and I was so overjoyed of the possibility! Supported that game page right away.

I honestly can see a sort of returning Captains campaign if the account recovery isn't possible... like how JPCC did it with newcomers. I'd be fine starting over if I can skip over everything fast and gain 2x EXP with half STA costs on story.

But I'm just really curious at what version they would release it on.

8. Rheinshiba

Rheinshiba Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    MLB Juliana V2/Depends on Vortex
    Player Rank:
    OMG OMG so sega's kinda broke so they want some cash grab on global again? :eek:
    Honestly it would be better if they put english option on CCJP. This gemu is 4 years old now do you think you would want to start again while drooling on 4 years worth of content? :rolleyes:

I suppose reading stories is a big deal for some people while I'm more card collector and posting shits on forum. :ninja:

9. Jpwong

Jpwong Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    See Signature
    It's confusing with how the announcement came out since GUMI presumably still controls the GCC FB page and Pirika account even if they don't have the actual game license anymore, but it seems like the plan is clearly that another company is possibly doing something with the game.

That's going to presumably be the real challenge if another company has gotten the game's license. Because this has already released once, how much do you cater to the pre-existing audience? If they're just putting english onto the Japanese game and opening it up for the world with a subsidiary handling all the support for outside of Japan, I think it could be doable. If they've partnered with GUMI in some form to revive the actual english game and letting anyone who had FB linked accounts continue from where it left off, it could also work. If they're coming out with a completely brand new english version where everyone starts from scratch... well, lets just say they're going to need to offer some strong incentives to bring old whales back to the game. I can't see a huge number of people willing to plunk down all that cash a second time when their first try got washed out. Even for new whales, they'd need to offer some sort of reason to believe the game is going to last longer than one year this time.

10. dine-dun

dine-dun Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Woah
    Player Rank:
    It would be better if they add english option in JPCC rather than return it back or make a translation but seperate like FGO.
    Until now I enjoy playing rather than knowing the story, also we must thanks to Omega and Hiyu who able translate it to us.

However it's not really confirm right? Why not stick with JPCC/TWCC.
    Also rememver the gacha rate on GCC? :rolleyes:

11. L_Letch

L_Letch Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Melchior LB3 / Astraea MLB / Komodia LB2
    Player Rank:
    I'd like to be able to read the story again, but starting all over again would be tiring and boring. So, I hope it's only an english option for JPCC.

12. Jpwong

Jpwong Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    See Signature
    Was exactly the same as JPCC at that point in the release cycle. Only difference was we got rate ups on every featured weekly gacha, so meant we got 10.5% 5* rate after the v2 update.

13. Arisato

Arisato Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Liam
    Player Rank:
    i dont mind if i have to restart from 0 but it would be great if we can use our save data.

YEAHHH!(y)

14. JackOLantern

JackOLantern Poi Member Moderator

Party Leader:
    Kirara
    Gogame huh...that's the company that handles War Pirates Global. I'm a bit surprised though, since they already announced they were about to start another game recently. Maybe they're getting ambitious and handling multiple new games at once? Their logo also looks like a toilet
    Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!

As for how they handled WP Global, they seem more competent than Gumi at least. While they did have some cash-grabby content, their overall character rates were actually better than JP's. Their updates also don't generally follow JP's timeline (introducing certain units before certain content and vice versa, not implementing certain mechanics before certain content, etc.) They also seem to be letting the game die since it hasn't had any updates or even events in over 2 months :confused:

I do hope they manage to do a good job with CC though (and stick with it too). I do miss the golden days of this forum and hope that it would bring it back somewhat. Here's to hoping! (y)

Also their forums are full of spam and bots because their moderators don't check in every day like I do #shamelessplug

Seu Don, Mr pants and lostpig like this.
  15. Jpwong

Jpwong Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    See Signature
    TBH GUMI seems to be handling their Final Fantasy Brave Exvius game way better than CC. For the length of my time playing, I think they've only missed the maintenance window twice that I can recall and they've introduced Global Exclusive units that are competitive in the game's meta. I think even if this were some weird partnership, GUMI could probably have successfully relaunched themselves if they put in the same type of effort they've been doing with FFBE.

That said, I think once again, the whole collab bit will make or break the game. Since CC isn't from a long standing franchise the only reason people out west would know about it is through the anime/movies or because they were GCC players before. If it turns into that company internal collab stuff again, I forsee that there won't be enough spending to support the game unless it ends up being just an english interface on to the Japanese game.

16. chindo28

chindo28 New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Shurarora, Dilma
    Player Rank:
    i hope it ll be true. even though i doubt my acc will be recovered, but at least i can read the story again

17. lostpig

lostpig Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    The way I read the post it seems like gogame is the new publisher and they do the resurrection.

I definitely hope it carries some TWCC traits (exclusive units, no encryption :p). However, a possibility is that they relaunch directly with v3 and figure out past events later.

On the other hand if another publisher is involved, then on the other hand it's not likely we'll get the exact JPCC client with English slapped on like GCC with French.

18. lazy-hemisphere

lazy-hemisphere Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    ??????
    Player Rank:
    I won't return to global, but at least (if it's true) it might make this forum alive again

19. yoonautic

yoonautic Active Member

Party Leader:
    Savat Chieftess Selena
    A subsidy of sega.

As long as they dont bring the old pesky colo and will stay true to jpcc and implement the guaranteed pull early on in the game, I will definely play Global again.

20. SacredRoach

SacredRoach Active Member

Party Leader:
    Whatever is in vogue.
    Player Rank:
    I may start up a F2P Global account if it comes back, but I would REALLY prefer a translation function...

: Global