White Cat Interface and Menu Translation Thread

Discussion in 'White Cat Project' started by dreadrabbit, Jan 23, 2015.

1. dreadrabbit

dreadrabbit Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    LB3 Shuza/LB2 Trish for gold
    Player Rank:
    Hello everyone! Since we now have a sub-forum for WCP, it was brought to my attention that it might be a good idea to move my post in the general discussion thread regarding translations to a new thread. So this post shall be a collective translation guide so that you'll have an easier time understanding the game's menus.

Because there are a lot of screenshots, everything is in spoiler tags for the sake of organization (and so that those with less than stellar internet won't immediately freeze upon opening the thread).

Disclaimer: I am a newbie to White Cat, so I am not knowledgeable in game mechanics or meta-game planning. All I can provide is translation help. I have studied Japanese for roughly seven years now (4 years in school, and off and on for the remaining 3). However, I am still far from being at native level. Actually I'm really out of practice, and this game is helping me quite a lot.

As such, if other Japanese learners catch mistakes, pleeeaase tell me so that I may correct my mistakes, because I am bound to make A LOT :p

[​IMG]

Here we go! This isn't everything, but I'm posting a few of the really important things to help get people moving. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to let me know!

The main interface
    Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!

Special Events and Dailies
    Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!
    Main Menu Breakdown (the menu button)

The Gacha Shop (aka where you summon Characters, pull for weapons, and have in-app purchases (IAP)

Guide progress:
    • Main Interface - complete and posted
    • Main Menu and sub menus - 90% - posted
      • Must still translate the game options menus for camera, graphics, and battle. My technical Japanese is atrocious so I'm saving this for last :rofl:
    • Daily Event and Special Event quest window - complete and posted
    • Gacha Shop and Hero Recruit - 99% - posted
      • All of the important information is translated and explained. The piece that's left are the two paragraphs that I think are warnings or leveling explanations at the bottom of the screen?
    • Town interface - 40% (Screens taken, writing explanation of basic interface. Translations for individual buildings will come on a need-to-know basis)
    • Party Menus - 50% (screens taken and need editing. Intend to explain the Spher-I MEAN, Rune Grid in a little detail)
    • Co-op menus - 60% (screens taken and need editing. Honestly this one shouldn't take me too long).

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    RWBY, Stika, Makibao and 4 others like this.
  2. shiorixx

shiorixx New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Nimpha
    Player Rank:
    Hi guys, just chanced upon this game and forum (I'm fairly new to CC too)
    I'm still in the midst of re-rolling, no idea what to do but anyway, I shall help out with my limited knowledge of Japanese to translate that wall of text in Gacha.

1. You can use Jewels or specific item (I'm guessing a summon ticket?) to summon a Character(Hero). One hero will be summoned at a time.
    2. A 2*, 3* or 4* hero can be summoned.
    3. The summon rate for heroes is not the same.
    4. Summoning multiple times does not affect the summon rate.
    5. In the event that a duplicate Hero is summoned, you will get:
    Rainbow Rune (In the case of 2*)
    Rainbow High Rune (In the case of 3*)
    Rainbow Star Rune (In the case of 4*)
    6. The heroes that can be summoned can at any time be removed or added. If such changes occur, there will be a notice to inform the players. (Unsure about this)
    7. The preview heroes represents a portion of possible heroes you can summon and does not guarantee that you will summon them.

That's all, cheers!
    On a separate note, I need help in CC for DR 79 and 80. Just got to rank 21 so I have a few more friend slots :)

Stika, dreadrabbit and Matt like this.
  3. dreadrabbit

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    Uwaaah, shiorixx that helps out so much! 8D (y) Thank you for taking the time to post this!

Also, wow o-o Fantastic job getting that far in raid at rank 21. I haven't progressed past 63 :rofl:

4. shiorixx

shiorixx New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Nimpha
    Player Rank:
    No problem ! Imanaged to get clear stage 80 yesterday with some help from kenny. If you need help with translation, just post the screenshots and I'll try my best to translate them... I'm still re-rolling so I haven't really started playing WCP yet... x_x

5. Nexris

Nexris Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Molba
    Player Rank:
    I just started today and I was wondering about the crowns you get from completing the quests, I haven't been able to figure out what you need to do to get them (Not sure if that made sense but I mean the crowns that come up after the quests similar to the 3 gold bonus' in CC)
    Has anyone got those translated or just in general know what they are?

6. shiorixx

shiorixx New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Nimpha
    Player Rank:
    If someone can post the screenshots, I can translate everything. They're bonuses that you can obtain once. Not sure if the ones in dailies will reset, I've just started few days ago as well
    Generally, it is either:
    a) No deaths (excluding your helper)
    一人も倒れずにクリア
    b) "Helper" no death (excluding your team)
    c) Cleared without getting hit by traps
    トラップに当たらずクリア
    d) Cleared without having abnormal status (slow, poison etc)
    e) Open all treasure chests
    全ての宝箱をオープン
    f) Defeat all enemies
    敵の全滅
    g) Clear with 3 or less in your party
    3人以下のパーティーでクリア
    h) Clear with 2 or less in your party
    2人以下のパーティーでクリア

Stika, IMBF and Nexris like this.
  7. Nexris

Nexris Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Molba
    Player Rank:
    Another thing I was wondering about is I can't seem to figure out what the orange stat and the glowing white tokens are in the passive skill tree

8. IMBF

IMBF Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Lephret v2(80)
    Player Rank:
    I was told it is critical stat.

Phoenixaph and Nexris like this.
  9. shiorixx

shiorixx New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Nimpha
    Player Rank:
    Red: Attack
    Blue: Defense
    Orange: Critical rate
    Green: HP
    Purple: SP
    White (requiring yellow runes): Auto Skills (passives) / コンボレベル combo level / long names -> typically action skill #2

Nexris likes this.
  10. dreadrabbit

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Player Rank:
    Yikes, sorry for my long absence everyone! D: Life kind of caught up to me so I've been pretty busy. Thanks for all the help, shirorixx! The remaining interface menus will be posted when I get the time.

And yes, what shiorixx says about the stats are correct, orange is crit.

Nexris likes this.
  11. Stika

Stika New Member

Party Leader:
    Stika
    Player Rank:
    Thanks for this usefull guide.
    I would create a guild to play with my friends but I can't figure out how to do it...