Who should I ring recruit?

Discussion in 'Party Advice' started by FernQuan, Jan 7, 2016.

1. FernQuan

FernQuan New Member

Party Leader:
    Gray Fox Archer Solo
    Earlier today I challenge recruited my first 5*, the Gray Fox Archer Solo, and I should have 70 fortune rings by the end of the day.
    How should I use those rings?
    Is Nikolas good, or should I get another Solo for limit breaking? Or should I just wait for Tigre to be available?

Also, my max team cost is 44 and my team is currently Solo, Ioh, Noel, and the 3* Hero

Thank you

2. Phoenixaph

Phoenixaph Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB Yoshitsugu
    Player Rank:
    Nikolas is very good, but don't waste your rings. There will be another gunner which you will need rings for ((Candice))
    Tigre is meh, and Nik is better.
    Keep Solo for now, eve though he doesn't fit your roster that much

FernQuan likes this.
  3. hyoton

hyoton Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Not sure
    Player Rank:
    Tigre? The white tiger/well endowed? Isn't she an old release?
    Don't use ioh. Farm a MLB dusty.
    MLB Solo. He isn't great but coins are an easily obtained resource.

FernQuan likes this.
  4. 8loody 8ear

8loody 8ear Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    FS Sonya 80/80 w/ FBJ
    Player Rank:
    Noel is kinda hard to use at the start of the game cause she's not a pinch/burst healer. If you farm some AC up, you can pull MLB Melvina after a few tries from CR and use her as your primary healer instead. Also, Ring Recruit and Challenge Recruit are different - Rinuya is available currently at the Ring Recruit and it is highly recommended that you get a copy of her as she has the second-best treasure drop increase rate after Nimpha so you could try your luck with your 70 rings there?

Phoenixaph and FernQuan like this.
  5. Phoenixaph

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB Yoshitsugu
    Player Rank:
    There isn't much point I'm pulling rinya, try to save rings for another ring unit, like Aile..

6. lostpig

lostpig Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Oh ho ho ho
    Player Rank:
    Of the Ring Recruit, Rinuya, Ephimera, Aile, Candice would be on my sights. There is the exorcist knight Runo (?) in between Aile and Candice that I couldn't pull in TWCC which just got Candice. People have been known to either MLB within 500 rings or not get one in over 1000, me again getting nothing out of that. :(

Of the Ring Exchange, next one I'll want to get would be Solity, the embodiment of sad F2P player that will sacrifice herself to bring happiness to all... :(
    (think the pig who mined the Rolo quest enemy structure but failed to get one for himself. :(:(:()

Phoenixaph likes this.
  7. Phoenixaph

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB Yoshitsugu
    Player Rank:
    i wanted astroluna and that other warrior ring chara <3
    solity's art is greatly appreciated

8. Identity

Identity New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Air
    Player Rank:
    I'm new to this game. Can you explain how to use coins to MLB Solo? Do you mean rings?

9. Cary

Cary Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Madea
    Use arcana coins. Every 2000 coins you collect you can use to do a Challenge Recruit at the bottom of the recruit screen.
    Youll mostly get 3 star arcana or enhancers but also ~10% chance to get Solo. You can grind AC most effectively by constantly running Monster Extermination in Winged Heights. The Dusty War sale quest seems ok too.

Do NOT use rings to buy ring exchange characters. Ever. Save them for ring recruit characters, notably Candice and Aile or maybe even Efemera as mentioned above.

hyoton and Lacey like this.
  10. hyoton

hyoton Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Not sure
    Player Rank:
    As Cary says, under the recruit screen there should be a gold yellow button to do a challenge recruit. This will usually pull a random 3 star card (enhancer, weapon enhancer or character) but sometimes will generate a featured 5 star recruit (in this case, Solo). This is the main way you will generate rings and the 5 star recruits. If you're pressed on AP or time you can directly trade the rings you get for arcana coins (5 rings to 2000) and retry the recruit. Figure it'll take at least 50 tries to MLB the character (250 rings minus whatever you recoup selling unwanted 3 stars).

Also as Cary says don't directly convert your rings to characters. 75 rings per ring character copy a bad deal. It used to be the only way you could purchase them though.

11. TangentZ

TangentZ Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Morgan
    Player Rank:
    I spent around 40,000 Arcana Coins to MLB Solo through Challenge Recruit. That's equivalent to 100 Fortune Rings. I consider myself quite lucky, but most people did it under 100,000 AC (250 FR).

But yeah, don't do the 70 FR Exchange (5 copies = 350 FR), it's almost always cheaper to farm AC and do the Challenge Recruit instead.

FR should be for Ring Recruit only.