Who would you rather have as a freind for quests?

Discussion in 'Party Advice' started by ExposeTheToys, Jan 7, 2016.

1. ExposeTheToys

ExposeTheToys New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Running LB3 Morgan w/ defenders sword during the week days and lv 50 Mustapha w/ Edge Avarice during weekends during non-event
    Player Rank:
    I am trying to decide who my weekday leader should be. It is currently LB3 Morgan with a defenders sword. Uber tanky and light on the mana expenditure. My other preferred option would be MLB Tia currently with Crystal Spear. Light on the mana expenditure and treasure bonus of 15% (if I am correct). My only other option here would be LB0 Rinuya, who I have not given any special weapon. I have all craftable weapons available to me. I appreciate any advice and reasoning behind it. Thanks!

2. August4678911

August4678911 Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    _
    I think the unspoken rule for friend arcana is
    * If you have either of the following arcanas, choose them: :warrior:Nimpha, mlb :warrior:Rinuya, lb3/mlb :warrior:Selene, mlb :wizard:Liam, lb3/mlb :wizard:Hatifas.
    * if you don't, choose your strongest arcana, preferably: :warrior:Lindsey, :warrior:Coro, :warrior:Ronda, :knight:Parchelle, :knight:Erza, :knight:Morgan, :archer:Milla, :wizard:Frau, :cleric:Lilith.

And I don't really know about other but most people I know don't care about mana and weapon (except Edger Avarice). Also they rarely keep any SR in their friend list at all (except Mustapha).

So basically my advice is Morgan.

3. Phoenixaph

Phoenixaph Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB Yoshitsugu
    Player Rank:
    Frau!!???

4. TheSqualidQueen64

TheSqualidQueen64 Active Member

Party Leader:
    N/A
    Run Morgan! That'll get you lots of uses/friend requests. Most people who use Knight/Gunner teams will use Morgan as their first choice for reinforcement. She's also a strong knight on her own. Tia does not compare. Don't bother with that Rinuya either.

5. ExposeTheToys

ExposeTheToys New Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Running LB3 Morgan w/ defenders sword during the week days and lv 50 Mustapha w/ Edge Avarice during weekends during non-event
    Player Rank:
    Thank you all for your advice! It is much appreciated.

6. etothex

etothex Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Lucrezia, lb3 San-San
    Player Rank:
    Morgan, or a char with good team buffs. Nimpha is good, Rinuya isn't worth it cuz it's easy enough (in most cases) to get your own copy and stacking doesn't help.

I was actually surprised there wasn't a slew of Rolos in my FL after the event. Guess no ones doing knight/Mage yet.

Phoenixaph likes this.
  7. TangentZ

TangentZ Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Morgan
    Player Rank:
    My favorite friend leaders are, in no particular order:

:warrior: Nimpha/Ronda
    :knight: Morgan/Elza
    :archer: Nikolas/Milla
    :wizard: Liam/Cheery/Aludra
    :cleric: Lilith

8. Phoenixaph

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB Yoshitsugu
    Player Rank:
    the rolo slew comes at minoa :)

9. August4678911

August4678911 Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    _
    I think she's used a lot by those who started after v2 since Shaly is weak and Neau require book 2 access.

10. Phoenixaph

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    MLB Yoshitsugu
    Player Rank:
    oh.
    I see.

Morgan (y)(y)(y)(y)

11. Sylvia

Sylvia Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Random arcana I like
    Player Rank:
    Morgan!!! Well of course I'm biased because I run Knight/Gunner team.
    I usually choose the highest attack or the most useful depending on what mission I'm trying to finish.
    Even though Tia is MLB'd, LB'd tavern units are much much better. Rinuya would be more okay to set as leader if maybe MLB'd.

12. Kyrian

Kyrian Well-Known Member

Party Leader:
    Hatifas
    As the others have said, run Morgan, because she is the first choice for gunner teams. While most other setups are rather flexible for what the friend reinforcement is supposed to be, in gunner teams, people always want double Morgan. The damage bonus is just too good to pass up.

Don't bother with Tia, many people would rather use Nimpha. I use Nimpha leads regularly for chest quests and I rarely ever take MLB Rinuya leads unless I really have to. If there's a Nimpha on the reinforcement list, I always take her over Rinuya. 20% chest drop boost vs. 30% - Nimpha wins. NIMPHA OR BUST!!

Phoenixaph likes this.