[WIP]Who to give your volunteer weapons? Find here!

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Neko, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Neko

Neko Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Rin Lee
    Player Rank:
    #horrible_titles_ftw

So i wanted to do something for this wonderful community that i joined in, this guide will be a recollection of every character that deserves a volunteer weapon, and il like it if everyone contributed in making this guide a sucess.

Note: i listed the special ability of each character beside their name.

Volunteer's cane(+2.5% less damage)
    5*Phoena (+15% ATK, +10% DEF): No competition here really, the best character for this, dont give this to anyone else, you'll be wasting a sub slot

Volunteer's sword(+5% EXP)
    5*Juliana (+10% ATK, +10%DEF): her buffs make her the second strongest sub-party buffer atm, therefore why not pair her up with phoena to make the best buff possible.
    5*Nimpha(Increase the drop rae of treasure box by 30%): one of the best characters to have as a friend, sub and leader, the ability to get what you need is very important in quests with low drop rates (those who were struggling in knights attack will remember)
    4*Amille(+5% ATK): first of all he is free, a very good thing, also his attack buff is still something, but there may be better options than him.
    3*Niu (Mana slot slows down to 1/4 of speed): while not released she holds a lot of utility thanks to her passive, she can also be LB much more easily since she is a 3*, only downside is her 10 cost (A MLB Niu has better stats than a LB1 Flaw in terms of damage alone)
    2*Dusty(+10% gold from battle): while not exactly the best options, especially for subs, he is really accesible and can be used after he leaves the main battlefield still, there are better units for sub than him.
    5*Tsuru(+13% ATK, +15 MOV SPD): while also extremely kawaii Tsuru's buff are over all decent, she also can buffs the team's attack while on the battlefield for 10 seconds for 2-mana, and gets stronger by the amount of manas in your bar. Not to mention she works as a nice mana battery.
    4*Ibuki(10% more xp from battles): pretty self explanatory, she has xp buff, sword has xp buff, together they form a even bigger xp buff!
    4*Mustapha(+40% more gold from quests): For those people who love money...That aside if one of your unit dies he can be a quite solid front line knight, he can heal 23% of his hp per wave and make a AoE canguard attack for only one mana.

Volunteer's bow(+2.5% ATK)

3*Nicky(10% more exp from battle): while xp from battles is nice, and she is very affordable, as well saving your units with her 1-mana skill, she doesn't procide any real battle buffs, still a lot of players like to give volunteers bow on her.
    3*Emma(10% chance to restore 10% of AP from quest): just like nicky, while not giving any battle related buffs, it can still be really sweet, but again, it could be kind of a waste late game
    5*Aile(+10% ATK, +8%DEF): this is pretty much the only character il give my volunteer bow to, her skills and abilities are increible and she even buffs your team while on the battlefield, she gets a +25% ATK when full health (not hard), and her active buffs the whole teams attack, while shooting a missile if your health is full.
    4*Phillip(+5% ATK): He provides a small ATK boost, which synergizes well with volunteer's bow.
    5*Sasha(+5% DEF): while the buff is small it still provides with actual battling stats that are over all very useful.
    5*Farlin(10% chance to restore 10% of AP from quest): pretty much like Emma and Nicky but better, she can make your heroes extra tanky for only 1 mana, and her last ability makes her ability stronger (even less damage taken). Her skill can be used continously thanks to the low cost, no regrets giving her the bow.
    4*Patricia(30% more gold from battle): Pretty self explanatory, gain a lot of gold from battle while also adding some DPS for your team
    5*Paloma(15% more exp from battle): she is like a Ibuki with volunteer sword, but you are able to save the trouble of getting the two of them and instead buy her with rings (she comes right after Sultan), she can heal 20% of the ally with lowest hp every wave which is also sweet, and last of all she inflicts slow, Diez players gotta smile.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    OtisMcGoatis, M0bydig, Kirien and 5 others like this.
  2. Neko

Neko Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Rin Lee
    Player Rank:
    Space reserved just in case

3. JackOLantern

JackOLantern Poi Member Moderator

Party Leader:
    Kirara
    Phillip's Rearguard attacker provides a 5% atk boost in the sub.

Volunteer Bow is 2.5% atk boost btw.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  4. Makibao

Makibao Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Molva
    Player Rank:
    A question; would it be wise to hold on to the weapons since some characters on that list has not been released?

I mean, I would like to get Tsuru like anybody else, but unsure if it's good to just let the volunteer sword gathering dust until she comes to global version, all while I already have Ibuki atm and can slap the volunteer sword to her to make it beneficial to me right away.

Also, since this is a guide specifically on the matter, is it possible to get more than one volunteer sword / cane / bow?

5. JackOLantern

Party Leader:
    Kirara
    You can only get one copy of each volunteer weapon, which is why many people try to make their decisions carefully. Its ultimately up to you, some of those later subs will last you a lot longer than Ibuki.

Makibao likes this.
  6. Neko

Neko Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Rin Lee
    Player Rank:
    First of all, no doubles of the volunteer weapons are avaible, not even in JP

Second is all about what you care for the most, you can take it or pass it, think of it like using prysma in v2, it will be generally more beneficial.

Or you can think of it like this: Is 15% more xp worth enough, so that I dont regret it when i get a better one.

Its all your choice

Makibao likes this.
  7. Makibao

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Molva
    Player Rank:
    Hm..., yeah, I think I'll hold on to the sword a little bit longer then, especially that you can only get one.

Thanks for the suggestion. (y)

8. JackOLantern

Party Leader:
    Kirara
    Also keep in mind that, if exp is what you're after, you'll get a free character in early book 2 that innately has +15% exp, so she can effectively replace Ibuki + volunteer sword.

9. Neko

Neko Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Rin Lee
    Player Rank:
    Or you know, paloma rocks too

10. Makibao

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Molva
    Player Rank:
    Would that be Michidia / Marina V2?

11. JackOLantern

Party Leader:
    Kirara
    Saving my rings for Efimela ;)

12. JackOLantern

Party Leader:
    Kirara
    Makibao likes this.
  13. Neko

Neko Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Rin Lee
    Player Rank:
    With the addition of Aile, One can max out attack buff at 12.5%. That means a higher attack buff and lower defense buff than Juliana.
    You will have to wait forever or Aile however.

This frees up the possibility of using the experience volunteer sword on someone else and moving Aile to replace Juliana in the sub party.

If this happens You can make an extreme xp warrior unit ^_^.
    Peishe 15% xp + Ibuki Kizuna 8% + volunteer sword 5% = 28% xp in one unit.

Pair this with Paloma 15%+Nicky Kizuna 6% = 21% xp
    That means if you are farming lvls you could have 4 units leveling and these two in the sub party giving 49% xp

If you wanted to max out XP possible
    Peishe+ Ibuki Kizuna + Volunteer sword = 28%
    Paloma + nicky kizuna=21%
    Gina 15%+ Maou Kizuna 6% = 21%
    Lyla 10%
    Aina 10%
    ::your unit to lvl::

28+21+21+10+10 = 90% xp yourself. (without maou 84%)

If you had a friend with maxed Peishe thats 90% + 28% = 118% xp to lvl a single unit. (without Maou 112%)

Currently in game you don't have Kizuna or some of the units:
    Ibuki 10% +Nicky 10% + Lyla 10% +Aina 10 % = 40% xp gain to lvl 2 units.

Taken from zoi, another forum's member

Renar and Makibao like this.
  14. JackOLantern

Party Leader:
    Kirara
    Theoretically, after the new JP update tomorrow, power leveling 1 or 2 characters would even more effective. The update notes say that, when there are maxed lvl units in your team, the non-maxed lvl units will gain more exp from the battle.

Which means if you max lvl all your exp boosters, then the characters you want to level gain even more exp (the exact formula is yet to be released).

15. Delannion

Delannion Active Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Nimpha
    Player Rank:
    Could Amille get an honorable mention for the Volunteer Sword? I haven't actually given him mine yet, but he's my only possibility aside from Nimpha.

16. Neko

Neko Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Rin Lee
    Player Rank:
    Il write her down after wards, currently dont have much time

17. Neko

Neko Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Rin Lee
    Player Rank:
    Give the sword to nimpha, a nimpha + volunteer means really strong frieds, and her passive works in sub too

18. Stephen

Stephen Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Nimpha
    What are you thoughts on Nimpha vs Julianna for the sword?

19. JackOLantern

Party Leader:
    Kirara
    If you have both I'd give the sword to Julianna...

20. Neko

Neko Well-Known Member

Friend ID:
    Party Leader:
    Rin Lee
    Player Rank:
    If youre running a knight team and she is on the battle front just give her a better sword
    If she is a sub and you dont have plans for knights give her volunteer

Nimpha: easier time farming, if leader= lots of friends
    Juliana: actual combat buffs, especially good with a knight team

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015